Author Topic: Error Listings and rejected edits 2021  (Read 66090 times)

telly

Re: Error Listings and rejected edits 2021
« Reply #435 on: December 28, 2020, 09:16:55 am »
Since we voted on keeping Roman numerals in the name if they're on the box, does that mean that all instances of Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5, 2.8 etc. releases in the db will need to be edited? Just wanted to ask beforehand.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

telly

« Reply #436 on: December 28, 2020, 09:21:04 am »
I have a question about the developer for this game that I'm submitting edits for

https://vgcollect.com/item/184813

Obviously the original arcade game was developed by SNK, but this PS4 port was developed by Code Mystics. Publisher is Limited Run. So should the developer be Code Mystics, SNK, or both?

From what I read, Code Mystics only made the front end and trophy integration. They did not make the game. It reads like the original ROM is present on the disc. If so then, SNK did not develop this release of the game, Code Mystics did and they are just using SNK assets.

Okay, I submitted edits to change the developer to Code Mystics :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

tripredacus

« Reply #437 on: December 28, 2020, 10:39:14 am »
Since we voted on keeping Roman numerals in the name if they're on the box, does that mean that all instances of Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5, 2.8 etc. releases in the db will need to be edited? Just wanted to ask beforehand.

If you can show me where it was voted on, we can take a look. IIRC there was discussion and some determinations made around the release of Resident Evil VII, but I believe now that Common Name rules override how we use roman numerals. It was in the Style Guide and the Adv Guide at one point but was removed.

telly

« Reply #438 on: December 28, 2020, 11:19:07 am »

If you can show me where it was voted on, we can take a look. IIRC there was discussion and some determinations made around the release of Resident Evil VII, but I believe now that Common Name rules override how we use roman numerals. It was in the Style Guide and the Adv Guide at one point but was removed.

Yeah now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think we actually had a vote on it. I know the two of us discussed making an exception to the common name rule regarding COD Black Ops 4 but that's all I can remember.

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,9281.msg179775.html#msg179775
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

tripredacus

« Reply #439 on: December 28, 2020, 11:21:15 am »
I knew I had documented that change somewhere. But yeah, that is where roman numerals stand.

telly

« Reply #440 on: December 28, 2020, 11:23:40 am »
Then I'll hold off on submitting any edits until we decide on that as a community. Most of the Kingdom Hearts games would need to be changed since they are titled with Arabic numerals (2.5) in the database despite having a mix of Arabic/Roman numerals on the box (II.5). Though it's not 100% consistent.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

dhaabi

« Reply #441 on: December 28, 2020, 12:05:22 pm »
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 12:15:56 pm by tripredacus »

dhaabi

« Reply #442 on: January 12, 2021, 11:33:35 am »
Empty

simon keychain - Swag - Toys/Novelties
Are items like these even allowed here? Seems more like an electronic toy than anything else.

Tell Me Why - Xbox Series X [NA]
No physical version exists or is reported to be releasing. An entry for the digital version already is present.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:03:39 pm by tripredacus »

telly

« Reply #443 on: January 19, 2021, 03:50:48 pm »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 09:33:08 am by tripredacus »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

Flashback2012

« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2021, 07:24:41 am »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 09:33:15 am by tripredacus »

telekill

« Reply #445 on: January 20, 2021, 11:20:53 am »
Hello,

I keep trying to update the front image for NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered (PS4 N. America) but most every time I do, the front image gets deleted by an admin. I look at the rules for the front image and then I look at all the image specifications and it looks like it should be fine.

I simply want the image to not be blank as it continues to be. What am I doing wrong with it?

tripredacus

« Reply #446 on: January 20, 2021, 11:37:29 am »
Presuming this:
https://vgcollect.com/item/191087

Not just you, but others have tried to submit wrong front cover. And yes you were using stock photo which is normally OK but not when correct back cover is on the entry. The reason for rejection is ESRB on the stock photo is English only, but actual cover has English/French. Blame the guy who uploaded the back art.

Merged into correct thread.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 11:45:19 am by tripredacus »

telekill

« Reply #447 on: January 20, 2021, 05:55:00 pm »
I just uploaded a new thumbnail image of the cover for the PS4 (N. American) game. The difference between what I was uploading and what is now uploaded is the two unreadable paragraphs above the rating.... one in English.... one in French.

Hopefully that's enough to make the cover stick around.

tripredacus

« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2021, 09:31:53 am »
It is. And stop creating new topics instead of replying into this thread.

« Reply #449 on: January 22, 2021, 02:13:29 pm »
I attempted to edit the box text for Fallout: New Vegas for PS3, and my edit was rejected. There is no box text present now, but what I believe happened was that there was already text present, which I edited to add additional text from the back of the box, however there was a trade symbol in the original text that I didn't notice until I had already submitted it. I then resubmitted it without the trade symbol present.

The first rejection reason was Incorrect Formatting, which was to be expected due to the trade symbol. The second edit was rejected as Action Not Allowed. I suspect that is a result of the double-edit, but I wanted to verify before I resubmitted the text, in case there was an error in my submission.

The text that I submitted last can be seen below:
Welcome to Vegas.  New Vegas.
As you battle your way across the heat-blasted Mojave Wastelands to the neon drenched Vegas Strip, you'll be introduced to a colorful cast of characters, factions, special weapons, mutated creatures and much more.  Choose sides in the upcoming war or declare "winner takes all" in this follow-up to the 2008 videogame of the year, Fallout 3.

Enjoy Your Stay.
• Feel the Heat in New Vegas!  Experience the Great Southwest as could only be imagined in Fallout.
• Up the Ante!  New features, weapons, factions and foes await you in Sin City.
• Let it Ride!  In a huge, open world you can explore, choose sides, or go it alone.  Peacemaker or Hard Case, House Rules, or the Wild Card - it's all in how you play the game.

#1 Most Wanted Game of 2010
- IGN

IGN BEST GAME OF E3 2010 WINNER