Author Topic: Xbox Series S or PS5? Which one is best? :O  (Read 6619 times)

Xbox Series S or PS5? Which one is best? :O
« on: June 14, 2020, 04:05:51 am »

Re: Xbox Series S or PS5? Which one is best? :O
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 04:33:00 am »
The PS5 showcase wasn't enough for me, I still don't feel Sony has been as transparent in giving details on the system as Xbox has. I'm still waiting on more about the PS5 and how it handle backwards compatibility before I decide.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 05:47:23 am »
It's pretty no contest Playstation 5 for me.  They have the games that interest me and that is most of what matters most.  I have a PC also and since most Xbox games will be on PC anyways, I really don't have much of a need for an Xbox to begin with, not that I was ever expecting Microsoft to win me back over.  They certainly could, they've been acquiring studios left and right for awhile to try and turn things around for themselves, so they could come out with some big surprises for sure, I'm just not holding out for it.

It is kinda interesting the differences at this point between the two.  Microsoft got their system and specs out there earlier on, touting its features, but didn't have much in the game department to show off outside of Halo.  Playstation 5 on the other hand has been and still is being quite tight-lipped about itself, but their event had some solid exclusives to show off and other games that got people pretty excited.  I'm not sure if they are gonna have as significant of backwards compatibility as Microsoft, but for me personally, that's not a very important feature.

Also I like the PS5 design way more.  It's far more interesting and standout a design compared to the pretty basic, mini-PC design that Xbox went with.

sonicfan53

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 06:04:09 am »
Xbox for a few reasons
Likely lower price
Confirmed backwards compatibility
I'm more fond of Xbox
I might just get a PS5 a few years later

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 09:41:41 am »
When it comes to the design, neither.

When it comes to the game lineup, PS5.

Name-wise, PS5 for sure.

In the end which is the best is debatable. Not that it matters to me, really, as I always end up getting new gen consoles years after their release, which inevitably means they see a few changes in many areas. I've yet to own an Xbox, though, so there's that, too.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 10:51:52 am »
Definitely PS5. Sony has better developers and IP and cares a lot about the console itself while Xbox and Phil Spencer have been nonchalant about the console and cares most about Xbox Game Pass.

Some comparisons of the two:
PS5
- Great name
- First party exclusives from the start.
- Most first party games won't be on PC
- New UI
- New controller
- Great design
- Faster
- PS4 backwards compatibility
- Free to play games are free online

Xbox (Series X)
- Confusing name
- Two year period where first party games will also be on Xbox One.
- All first party games will be on PC
- Same UI as Xbox One
- Pretty much the same controller
- Boring design
- More powerful
- Xbox One backwards compatibility and a good amount of 360 and original Xbox games
- Free to play games require paid subscription to play online

telekill

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 11:32:24 am »
I've bought every Playstation. I've been in the Playstation ecosystem since Christmas '95. I did skip the PS4 Pro so for me, the PS5 is a proper generational leap. I'll be buying the optical drive PS5 probably at launch.

The big question now is what the price is going to be. I'm anticipating that it will be $500.... maybe $550 for the optical drive model.

As for Xbox... I had bought the original to play Halo 2 with my brother when it launched. I beat the story and went online. The experience was absolutely the worst online experience I had ever had. Couple that with my brother never being online when I was and I ended up selling the Xbox with everything after owning it for only a single month. 360 had the RRoD issue which was a severe turn off. X1 had the horrible policies shown off during E3 2013 which were eventually reversed. By then... it was too late. I've written the Xbox brand off completely.

dhaabi

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 04:01:28 pm »
Just as weirdfeline above, I buy consoles for their game line-up and original IPs. Personally, I do not enjoy any of Microsoft's exclusive IPs, whereas Sony consistently has a large pool to choose from with plenty of variety by comparison. If a title I'm interested in is for some reason exclusive to a Microsoft system, I can always buy the item for PC. It's important to say that I am not one to sway one way over another because one system has a minor advantage in terms of graphical fidelity, more terraflops, etc. As far as pricing goes, the two systems will both cost a lot in their early years; even if the PlayStation 5 costs an additional $100 to spend, that is an incredibly minor disadvantage against it that I will easily accept if it ensures investing in a better gaming experience.

Also, I will admit that I am not a fan of the PlayStation 5 design--mostly in concern with its color scheme. I'm not in any hurry to secure a PlayStation 5 upon its release, but I will pick it up eventually in time once a better design is unveiled.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 04:09:17 pm by dhaabi »

telly

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 05:07:50 pm »
I think the "PS5" is the most yawntastic name possible :P So boring and unoriginal. I definitely prefer the Series X as far as names go, even though it is a little confusing.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 05:12:51 pm »
Is it bad that I mostly just wanna play Demon's Souls on it?

telly

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 05:25:08 pm »

I mean it's a great game, so I'd support it!
Currently Playing:

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 05:54:59 pm »

Nope, I was going to get a PS5 regardless but with Demon's Souls its a must for me
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 05:59:43 pm by droaa »

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 06:25:26 pm »

With how much of a remake it is visually and I assume it'll be as good as Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, if not better, gameplay wise, so there's good reason to be excited for it.  I personally didn't like the game on PS3 because of how janky it was, so seeing it get such a significant remake is awesome.

telly

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 06:49:30 pm »

With how much of a remake it is visually and I assume it'll be as good as Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, if not better, gameplay wise, so there's good reason to be excited for it.  I personally didn't like the game on PS3 because of how janky it was, so seeing it get such a significant remake is awesome.

Agreed, I had so many problems with the PS3 release i.e. glitches.
Currently Playing:

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 06:54:55 pm »
Definitely PS5 for me. I enjoy Playstation exclusives way more than Xbox. Don't get me wrong, I love Gears and Halo but PS has Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man, Demon's Souls. I can always play Xbox 1st party games on PC too. I know a lot of people don't like the design of the PS5, but honestly it was exactly what I was hoping for. I wanted something that looked new and unique, not boring.