Author Topic: Amazon Luna Game Streaming Service  (Read 1187 times)

Amazon Luna Game Streaming Service
« on: September 24, 2020, 02:06:09 pm »
$5.99 a month.  Over 100 games a launch.  Alexa enabled / compatible controller.  Twitch integration.

And reports that they bought SEGA - but I can't confirm that anywhere. EDIT: Looks like the tweets I saw about it are gone.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/24/21451371/amazon-luna-cloud-gaming-service-twitch-alexa-controller
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 02:09:12 pm by Cartagia »

Re: Amazon Luna Game Streaming Service
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 02:16:49 pm »
If Amazon bought them, Sega is officially dead.

pzeke

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 02:24:04 pm »
Thanks, but no thanks.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 02:25:58 pm »
I believe that the original tweet was posted by @Nibellion. These tweets seem to explain it as being a joke, though.

Sega's safe, for now.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 02:29:33 pm »
I believe that the original tweet was posted by @Nibellion. These tweets seem to explain it as being a joke, though.

Sega's safe, for now.

Yeah, a couple of IGN folks did the same thing.  Pretty sure it's untrue.  Think it was in response to the Microsoft is buying SEGA jibjab.

I signed up for potential Early Access just because that controller is pretty sexy.  Will probably never use the service, though.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 02:31:02 pm »
RIP Stadia

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 02:50:58 pm »
Lol, speaking of game controllers, I'm reminded of when Google boasted the Stadia controller as the console's selling point because it was "gender neutral".

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

telekill

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 03:57:58 pm »
It looks almost identical to a Switch Pro controller. I'll probably pass on the service.

I requested early access as well but I probably won't buy the controller for the test run. It states you can use a PS4 controller so I'm good to give it a test.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 04:06:08 pm by telekill »

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 05:42:44 pm »
Wow, what a terrible commercial. Why imply you can run around and seamlessly play at a bowling alley, Times Square, a store selling TVs, etc.?

Now that would be some worthy technology if you could just seamlessly take over any monitor. Instead it's just another crap streaming service.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 07:57:32 am »
But can we play N-Gage games on it?

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 02:14:29 pm »
"introductory price” of $5.99 a month during it's Early access...

That worries me this could be really pricey down the road. Also, you'll need fire stick for tv connection I think? Could get pricey quickly if you want all the bobbins. Plus it looks like you'll have to pay for more games. I already saw a section for in the future that looks like you can purchase an Ubisoft games channel. I just don't know if I'd play enough to get my money's worth. Subscriptions are tricky. Really depends on the person if you'll get your money's worth or not.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 03:10:31 pm »
Any word on if they still make you buy the games like Stadia does... cause if its just all included for $6 a month... that sounds a little interesting to me..

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 04:14:23 pm »
Any word on if they still make you buy the games like Stadia does... cause if its just all included for $6 a month... that sounds a little interesting to me..

Sounds like it will be similar to Prime Video.  The base sub gets you access to a lot of stuff but there will be add-on "channels" for different publishers.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 04:26:02 pm »
It sounds like a nice thing to subscribe for, I think it will become more ideal for people who, want to play video games but don't have the space for a video game collection. like for someone in a 2 room studio or small apartment and can't afford anything ese. Not everyone has the space for physical games and consoles.

Around where I live it cost about $500 USD a month plus more money  for. utilities to live in a 2 room studio,  in which is basically a place where you cook eat and sleep in one single room. and then have another room for using the bathroom and taking a shower that's all.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"