Author Topic: Let's Name 100 PS1 Games With The Best Graphics For The Time  (Read 5809 times)

Re: Let's Name 100 PS1 Games With The Best Graphics For The Time
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2020, 10:36:35 pm »
14. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

dreama1

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 03:11:53 am »
15. Quake 2.

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 03:16:32 am »
16. Final Fantasy IX: besides the wonderful rendered Backgrounds, and the "high end" cg sequences, even the sprites looked awesome for it's time!

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

telekill

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 08:25:05 am »
17. Heart of Darkness - From the animations to the background, this game surprised me on many levels.

Warmsignal

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 11:25:51 am »
18. Delta Force: Urban Warfare This looks like a Dreamcast game, frankly. Possibly the best graphics I've seen to feature a realistic art style on the PS1. I also agree with the Quake II nomination, also very impressive for PS1.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 11:58:18 am »
11. Vagrant Story

Sorry, but that game looks terrible.

Warmsignal

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2020, 12:37:59 pm »
I was kinda thinking that one was par for the course, as far as PS1.

Warmsignal

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 12:59:14 pm »
1: Moto Racer for the playStation 1 is the first one on the list,

because even though I am not playing the game on real PS1 hardware I am still using AV-out

1. Moto Racer

Eh, it looks like much improved resolution and color compared to what it "should" (on non-modded North American PS1 hardware, anyway). The textures were much muddier and duller in color. You couldn't have recognized any pattern in the floor tiles.

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 01:36:16 pm »
Id say Legend Of Dragoon

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 03:49:55 pm »

because even though I am not playing the game on real PS1 hardware I am still using AV-out

1. Moto Racer

Eh, it looks like much improved resolution and color compared to what it "should" (on non-modded North American PS1 hardware, anyway). The textures were much muddier and duller in color. You couldn't have recognized any pattern in the floor tiles.

I only played that game on the PlayStation 3, and using AV-out standard on a CRT,  television without the smooth textures option enabled. if you are curious than just look up "Moto Racer" for the PlayStation 1 to see a better representation of the graphics, that is a lousy photo but it is the only photo I could find that didn't have a huge text. Note this game was also out for the Windows OS on PC, but as far as the looking up the PS1 version is apprers to have the same graphics as the PC version of Moto Racer

01. Moto Racer
02. Resident Evil
03. Gran Turismo 2
04. Ehrgeiz
05. Tekken 3
06. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee & Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
07. Omega Boost
08. Silent Hill
09. Wipeout 3
10. Dino Crisis 2
11. Vagrant Story
12. Crash Bandicoot
13. Klaymen Klaymen: Neverhood no Nazo
15. Quake 2.
16. Final Fantasy IX:
17. Heart of Darkness
18. Delta Force: Urban Warfare
19. Legend Of Dragoon
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:03:23 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 05:20:47 pm »

I only played that game on the PlayStation 3, and using AV-out standard on a CRT,  television without the smooth textures option enabled. if you are curious than just look up "Moto Racer" for the PlayStation 1 to see a better representation of the graphics, that is a lousy photo but it is the only photo I could find that didn't have a huge text. Note this game was also out for the Windows OS on PC, but as far as the looking up the PS1 version is apprers to have the same graphics as the PC version of Moto Racer

The small size of the photo does reflect more favorably on it. In the large picture you posted, notice the ground textures are dreadful and the walls don't look much better. Looking at other shots of the game, it kind of looks like standard PS1 graphics to me.

But this does call into question what counts as "best graphics" in a thread like this, seeing how so many games can be upscaled with HD texture packs, with improved PSN re-releases for old games and whatnot that look 100x better than they originally did. I looked at some gameplay of Legend of Dragoon as played on original hardware and the characters look nowhere near as crisp or colorful in game as shown in the previous screenshot by pacgamer89. It must be the PSN download that has been optimized for modern displays. That might be representative of what the graphics can potentially look like, but you ain't getting that from composite-out on an original PlayStation. This is how the game would have looked, originally.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 05:22:20 pm by Warmsignal »

dreama1

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 02:46:47 am »

1. Moto Racer

01. Moto Racer
02. Resident Evil
03. Gran Turismo 2
04. Ehrgeiz
05. Tekken 3
07. Omega Boost
08. Silent Hill
09. Wipeout 3
10. Dino Crisis 2
11. Vagrant Story
12. Crash Bandicoot
13. Klaymen Klaymen: Neverhood no Nazo
15. Quake 2.
16. Final Fantasy IX:
17. Heart of Darkness
18. Delta Force: Urban Warfare
19. Legend Of Dragoon

Change it to wipeout 3 special edition. The graphics are improved from wipeout 3.

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 06:55:06 am »
20. wipeout 3 special edition

I added a game since with the quotes in all it would confuse the thread to re-name the 1st game., to aviod confusion. I would change my choice but it would just make things a mess. since changing a quote does not erase it from it's original form :-\
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dhaabi

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2020, 10:55:14 am »
01. Moto Racer
02. Resident Evil
03. Gran Turismo 2
04. Ehrgeiz
05. Tekken 3
07. Omega Boost
08. Silent Hill
09. Wipeout 3 - Special Edition