Author Topic: 2021 Video Games/Collecting Resolutions  (Read 3235 times)

kashell

Re: 2021 Video Games/Collecting Resolutions
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 11:22:47 am »
Obtain and play more games was always the goal, but I also made a goal to downsize. I think I managed all of it successfully.

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 01:17:34 pm »
I can't say that I have any "resolutions" per se regarding me collecting games, consoles, or accessories.

I guess maybe my goal is to grow my collection of games even further. I won't commit to any particular system as committing to buy certain games for certain systems takes a good bit of money. I would love to grow my collection of PS2 games from Europe & Japan further, but for about the last year have been pre-occupied with PS4 & PSN collecting (I have my wife to thank for that).

If I get my hands any new PS2 acquisitions it would have to be some of the rarer, harder to find titles like:

1. Alien Vs. Predator: Extinction (NTSC-U/C)
2. Blood Will Tell
3. Bloody Roar 4
4. Final Fight: Streetwise
5. God Hand
6. Haunting Ground
7. Kuon
8. Mr. Mosquito
9. Obsucure
10. Raiden III

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 08:11:13 pm »
My goals are the same as last years,

1: Play More Games and when I mean play what I have not yet played
2: Obtain more games
3: beat more games

that's pretty much it,
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 10:45:49 pm »
My goals are the same as last years,

1: Play More Games and when I mean play what I have not yet played
2: Obtain more games
3: beat more games

that's pretty much it,

8)
Well said.

telekill

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2020, 08:15:37 am »
I don't have the time to participate in the 52 games challenge. Here's what I'm hoping to do in 2021:

- Replay all the Uncharted games (except Golden Abyss)
 - Get a Sega Game Gear Everdrive X7
 - Get Indiana Jones on Game Gear
 - Get Micro Machines (1 or 2) on Game Gear
 - Start to build my PS5 collection. Next game for it should be Outriders or Oddworld.

Not related to playing games, but gaming in general:

- Complete the build of my Resident Evil (PS1) shadowbox.
 --- Current at the point where I need to print off the layers on card stock. It's fully designed now.
 - Complete the Uncharted (PS3) shadowbox.
 --- Currently in the design phase.
 - Start the Tomb Raider (PS2) shadowbox. Perhaps complete it.

pzeke

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2020, 06:24:00 pm »
None, if I'm being honest, but if I were to say/choose at least one, then I guess to finally stop dragging my feet and update my collection here; I'm not even close to 50%. Truth be told, I'll probably keep procrastinating and never follow through...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2020, 03:34:16 pm »
In 2020 I had a few goals that I didn't end up completing, like getting my first platinum as well as a list of specific games that i got maybe half way through. For 2021 I'm going to be a little less specific this time, and I only have two goals.

2021 Goals:
1. Complete the 52 game challenge
2. Finish EVERY physical PS5 game I add to the collection this year.
I will not buy any PS5 game till the one I am currently playing is beat. If I receive a game as a gift, I will finish that as well before I purchase anything for myself. Digital games obtained via PS+ do not count unless I download the game, if the game is installed on the PS5, I must finish it. The ONE exception to this will be if Pre-orders for Final Fantasy XVI open up.

shatterstar69

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2021, 06:19:53 am »
2021 goals

1. Play more Nintendo games.  My Nintendo systems seem to get neglected every year
2. Acquire a Dreamcast again and build a solid library for it (sold mine in 2005 due to financial woes)
3. Try and acquire a PS5 before the end of the year
4. Platinum the Dragon Age Series along with the Bioshock Collection
Time to make the donuts!

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2021, 11:45:55 am »
Like I aimed for (and failed in doing) last year I would like to focus more on adding games for older systems to my collection.
I would particularly like to expand my PC Engine, Mega Drive/Genesis, Saturn, and Famicom Disk System collections, and I would like to get a hold of an Amiga 500/600/1200 computer as well. Also, I'm always on the lookout for 80's tabletop and handheld systems.

Last year I found myself almost solely buying games for the Switch, which is great and all, I love that system to death, but this year I will try and focus on other stuff as well. That being said, two of my most treasured purchases last year were the PC Engine Core Grafx Mini and the Astro City Mini, so it wasn't all Switch.

Oh, yeah, and I'll try to make a serious attempt at digging into my backlog this year as well :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 11:47:27 am by medisto »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 02:46:56 pm »
I would like to upgrade to 4K this year, still sitting at 1080p, for now.

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 02:57:39 pm »
A few days after I made my post, I started streaming my playthroughs of some games to twitch, so one of my goals is to stream as much of my 52 game challenge progress as possible to Twitch.

I bought a RetroTink 2XPro and I just need to buy a capture card and I'll be covered for most systems.  For now, just streaming PS4+/X1+ stuff.