Author Topic: rare/weird ps3 item need information about it  (Read 2524 times)

rare/weird ps3 item need information about it
« on: October 07, 2021, 07:29:54 pm »
I just copy here what I put on gamefaqs yesterday asside from a troll I didnt get any replies.  Hopefully here I have more luck

a year or 2 ago I found a verry weird item. Its hard to explain what it is exactly but it has 2 cd's with thrailers promo material etc.

it has to do clearly with the this is living campaign about the time of release.

however I cnat find ANY information about it nr find it on ebay etc

so I hope some people here can either tell me something about it or tell me who to reach out for to hopefully find more. I dont even know if its part of soemthing bigger or just is complete

I realy hope to be able to get some more information about what I have here. I was considering putting the videos on the disc on youtube but since I dont wanna risk copyright claims thats not an option anymore.

anyway hopefully I cna finaly solve this mystery

here are some pictures of the product

https://imgur.com/a/U5lXiQg

dhaabi

Re: rare/weird ps3 item need information about it
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 08:45:47 pm »
I don't have any additional concrete information, but it certainly looks to be a press kit for Europe's This Is Living campaign. This video seems to be a part of a 2008 press kit, so, if you've still yet to see what's on the disc, I imagine similar kind of content—promotional videos, game trailers, latest PlayStation 3 system highlights, PlayStation Network information—to be found on the disc you own.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 04:15:25 am »
I don't have any additional concrete information, but it certainly looks to be a press kit for Europe's This Is Living campaign. This video seems to be a part of a 2008 press kit, so, if you've still yet to see what's on the disc, I imagine similar kind of content—promotional videos, game trailers, latest PlayStation 3 system highlights, PlayStation Network information—to be found on the disc you own.

it probatly is or was aprt of a press kit but I cant find anything about it

and I know whats on the disc and thats exactly what you discribe

this is from 2007 though

I want to know if its complete or not and more stuff like that

mrkonasoni

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 11:01:41 pm »
Wowgek?
Now this is a name that I haven't seen in a long time.

Do you remember me, old pal?
It's me PunishedSonicSpeed but now with a way better nick, I am happy for finally see you again.

I hope you can find what you are looking for.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 04:17:16 am »
I do remember you lol it has been quite a while and yeah I dont realy post here normaly and I hope I cna learn some stuff about this thing as well it annoys me to no end to dont relay know anything aboutit

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 09:35:14 am »
There was a group of users who knew a lot about press kits on Assembler, but I do not know where the prominant users from that forum ended up. :(

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 04:38:25 pm »
maybe 1 or 2 of them are here

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 06:30:57 pm »
it has been a long time since posting this but wanted to give an update

sadly I wasnt able to find out anything else about it  I reached out to metal jesus but not entirely unexpected I never got a reply  which realy sucks

anyway I am giving up  I have no ideas anymore what I could try  to find out more.

so unles anyone here has any ideas I give up.

I do want to thank everyone who gave advice tried to help etc

dhaabi

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 06:59:48 pm »
Honestly, I don't think a personality like Metal Jesus would be that knowledgeable regarding an item like this. However, that did make me consider two others on our site for you to ask, although they aren't that active on the forums. VGC user psxlegacy has an impressive PlayStation collection and even made a thread before hoping to find other avid PlayStation collectors. At the same time, cirdan77 is a big PlayStation 3 collector, in particular. You may have luck with these two, but, from just looking at their collections and having responded to their edit submissions in the past, their focuses regard retail releases.

Also, as mentioned in the thread posted before, there is another resource I can suggest, that being Jason at Game-Rave. Although he seems more knowledgeable regarding the original PlayStation library, he may still have some information to give or, at the very least, be able to better point you to someone else for answers.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 07:08:18 pm »
Honestly, I don't think a personality like Metal Jesus would be that knowledgeable regarding an item like this. However, that did make me consider two others on our site for you to ask, although they aren't that active on the forums. VGC user psxlegacy has an impressive PlayStation collection and even made a thread before hoping to find other avid PlayStation collectors. At the same time, cirdan77 is a big PlayStation 3 collector, in particular. You may have luck with these two, but, from just looking at their collections and having responded to their edit submissions in the past, their focuses regard retail releases.

Also, as mentioned in the thread posted before, there is another resource I can suggest, that being Jason at Game-Rave. Although he seems more knowledgeable regarding the original PlayStation library, he may still have some information to give or, at the very least, be able to better point you to someone else for answers.

what metal jesus is concerned he has verry little knowledge himself about almost everything he does have however a big network and that was what I was hoping for.

those users  here might be an option I am gonna reach out to them I dont have much hope  but its the best  chance I have  and even a smal chance is still a chance.

gamrave isnt an option I feel you send me a link but his site has no contact options so I have no wya to reach out to him.

I might look into that a bit deeper though because there are probatly other ways for that  I have to look into that

edit: reached out to both users now lets hope:)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 07:14:21 pm by wowgek7 »

dhaabi

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 11:59:50 pm »
gamrave isnt an option I feel you send me a link but his site has no contact options so I have no wya to reach out to him.

All of Game-Rave's contact information ranging from direct e-mail to social media channels is located at the top-right of his website.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2021, 12:04:25 am »
I have no idea how to get a hold of her. But YouTuber LadyDecade specializes in incredibly rare gaming items. Might be worth a shot to reach out to her.

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 04:38:40 am »

All of Game-Rave's contact information ranging from direct e-mail to social media channels is located at the top-right of his website.
huh weird maybe its my browser then because for me there is nothing asside from the artricles the only thing I can see is a search tool thats it