Author Topic: TMNT: Shredder's Revenge and Cowabunga Collection  (Read 5200 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: TMNT: Shredder's Revenge and Cowabunga Collection
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2022, 04:07:29 pm »
That's the Cowabunga Collection, not Shredder's Revenge.  I'm not seeing any listing of the latter.

Oops

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2022, 05:11:49 pm »
That's the Cowabunga Collection, not Shredder's Revenge.  I'm not seeing any listing of the latter.

Oops

I keep mixing stuff about them, too.  I spent ages looking for the Shredder's Revenge Collector's Edition before realizing it was the Cowabunga one.

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 06:28:06 pm »
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge

Here's all the versions for Shredder's Revenge.  The Radical Edition is fun, but not 200 dollars of fun, especially for a 35 dollar game.  I'll probably grab the classic edition for the VHS styled packaging, though I wish it was designed like an actual VHS box, because it comes out the side, not the bottom, unless that's just to show the VHS part and it does work like a normal VHS box.   I'm assuming the release date will be announced tomorrow at Summer Games Fest.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 06:30:13 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2022, 07:02:49 pm »
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge

Here's all the versions for Shredder's Revenge.  The Radical Edition is fun, but not 200 dollars of fun, especially for a 35 dollar game.  I'll probably grab the classic edition for the VHS styled packaging, though I wish it was designed like an actual VHS box, because it comes out the side, not the bottom, unless that's just to show the VHS part and it does work like a normal VHS box.   I'm assuming the release date will be announced tomorrow at Summer Games Fest.

I like the VHS box.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2022, 01:03:16 pm »
Reportedly the digital release of Shredder's Revenge will be next week.  There are folks claiming that it released early on an Asian eShop and they were able to purchase it.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2022, 03:15:54 pm »
Heck yeah, I was pretty sure they were gonna add more characters after they announced April and Splinter, and Casey looks awesome.  I feel like they are gonna have more characters too.

And yeah, June 16th date confirmed.

telekill

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2022, 07:33:00 pm »
I have an e-mail out to LRG asking if they're planning to ship when the digital version releases or if it will be the usual 3-6 month delay. If it's the 3-6 month delay, I'll order only the PS4 version from them and get the switch version digitally. If they ship the same day, I'll buy both from them. In today's day and age with mass shipping and distribution problems, I have no faith that they'll be able to hit a deadline months down the way.

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2022, 08:38:59 pm »
My plan is to play with the PC Game Pass, save a bunch of money, and then just order the physical version for Switch, so it doesn't really matter how long it takes to ship.  Double dipping without the full costs involved.

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2022, 07:04:38 am »
I'll probably do Digital Switch and a Physical PS4.

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2022, 11:38:09 am »
The standard LRG edition is available for pre-order through Amazon, Best Buy and Target.  There's just a placeholder release date, so I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

telekill

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2022, 06:11:16 pm »
For those wondering, there's no way that LRG will be shipping Shredder's Revenge next week. They have it on the site now showing that preorders will close on July 24th. That's 5 weeks after the release of the digital version and that's just to stop taking preorders.

I expect that the physical PS4 copy I ordered won't arrive until probably September at the earliest. Maybe even just before Christmas. I'll be buying the digital Switch version next week for the family.

jason

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2022, 05:56:04 pm »
For those wondering, there's no way that LRG will be shipping Shredder's Revenge next week. They have it on the site now showing that preorders will close on July 24th. That's 5 weeks after the release of the digital version and that's just to stop taking preorders.

I expect that the physical PS4 copy I ordered won't arrive until probably September at the earliest. Maybe even just before Christmas. I'll be buying the digital Switch version next week for the family.

Thanks for the update, telekill!

telekill

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2022, 09:47:24 am »
Thanks for the update, telekill!

Of course.  :)

Here's a price guide for Shredder's Revenge for those that are curious:

Digital looks like it will be $25 USD at launch for PS4, Switch, Xbox and PC.
Nintendo currently has a 10% preorder discount putting it at $22.50 on Switch.

Limited Run Games pricing are all the same across PS4, Switch and even Xbox (LRG first?):

Regular Editions -- $35
 - Game
 - Stickers
 - Art Book
 - Pizza hut pizza coupon (of course)

Classic Edition -- $65
 - Everything above and...
 - VHS style box
 - Steelbook

Radical Edition -- $200
 - Playset style box (?  ???)
 - Blister box packaging for game
 - Mini Arcade Cabinet plays game's trailer only
 - CD Soundtrack
 - Full Strategy Guide
 - 18" x 24" poster
 - 3D Shadow Box (unknown dimensions)
 - Reissue of retro Shredder action figure

Fan-Bundle -- $660
 - 3 copies of the Radical Edition
 -- PS4
 -- Switch
 -- Xbox
 - PC Big Box Edition
 - Exclusive Trading Card
 - Full set of LRG trading cards
 - Random LRG trading card from future or past games
 - Guaranteed gold trading card? - they love their cards?

LRG PC Editions:

PC Big Box Edition -- $60
 - Steelbook
 - Mousepad
 - Sprite stickers
 - PC Jewel Case with game physically on CD.
 - USB stick with game on it for easy install.
 - Pizza hut coupon

PC Radical Edition -- $190
 - Playset style box (?  ???)
 - Mini Arcade Cabinet plays game's trailer only
 - CD Soundtrack
 - Full Strategy Guide
 - 18" x 24" poster
 - 3D Shadow Box (unknown dimensions)
 - Reissue of retro Shredder action figure

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2022, 09:59:25 am »
It should also be noted that the LRG standard edition is available at most of the major retailers for pre-order, which is not usually the case for LRG.  If it comes to a retailer it is usually after the pre-orders have gone out and the game has been "released," and sometimes with a different cover.

dhaabi

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2022, 06:08:47 pm »
For those interested, the standard Japanese version includes a soundtrack CD, acrylic stand, and standard game packaged in a collector's box for $35.99 USD. On the other hand, the standard game alone sold through Limited Run is $34.99 USD. With that said, the Japanese version isn't reported to include a reversible cover, sticker set, or pizza coupon, but it's possible that some of those items may also be included. And to note, the Japanese version does support English language.

The Japanese version is expected to ship by August 25. Limited Run's products are reported to begin shipping in late-July to early-August (take that information as you will), so the difference in reported shipping times don't vary by much.

Nintendo Switch Play-Asia product page
PlayStation 4 Play-Asia product page
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 06:14:28 pm by dhaabi »