Author Topic: Gamer reviews/ rankings page  (Read 598 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Gamer reviews/ rankings page
« on: May 17, 2023, 04:12:22 pm »
Hello everyone I thought having a page dedicated to game reviews or rankings of games you played might be helpful to others. I know some have left reviews on the 52 game challenge page but not everyone can game That much. So feel free to review or rank here. I am not the most articulate person so I will most likely just leave a ranking for said games. Others on this forum are fantastic writers so feel free to let your opions be known.

Callisto Protocol (Xbox Series X)
Mostly heard nothing but crap about this game but I liked it a lot it was like a water down version of Dead Space
But it was kind of refreshing not having a jump scare around every corner. Overall a good experience 8 out of 10 for me

Just Cause (Xbox 360)
Excelent game a little dated by today's standards but still holds up for me 9.5 out of 10 imo.

Ok last one for me today I'll do more another time if anyone cares.

Ace Combat 4 (Ps2)
This game is as perfect as it gets the control is spot on, good story and it even has a hidden aircraft in every level to unlock 10 out of 10 must play.

Re: Gamer reviews/ rankings page
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 06:57:41 am »
There is the What are you playing? thread that has been used for this in the past.  It's just been superseded by the 52 Games thread - I know I stopped posting in both because it seemed redundant, unless i was posting about sonething in progress.

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,572.4620.html

It's not exclusively about reviews though, so feel free to use this thread instead, if you'd prefer.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 07:39:21 pm »
I've always have cared more about the opinions of other gamers and how they would rank or review a game rather than a opinion from a publication. Thought it might help someone try somthing they might not normally.
And the forums have seemed kind of stagnant lately so I figured why not?

El Shaddai (Xbox 360/Ps3)
Very cool and unique action game with a great art style a must play for me 9 out of 10

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 07:47:14 pm by wartoy »

kashell

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 08:09:13 am »
My website has reviews o' plenty!

dhaabi

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 09:15:15 am »
I've always have cared more about the opinions of other gamers and how they would rank or review a game rather than a opinion from a publication. Thought it might help someone try somthing they might not normally.
And the forums have seemed kind of stagnant lately so I figured why not?

Go for it. Like you said, why not? Sure, we have other topics members generally post their thoughts to, but maybe some feel uninvited to post for whatever reason. With that said, I think the typical 52 Game Challenge topic serves more of a motivator to play games than anything.

Callisto Protocol (Xbox Series X)
Mostly heard nothing but crap about this game but I liked it a lot it was like a water down version of Dead Space
But it was kind of refreshing not having a jump scare around every corner. Overall a good experience 8 out of 10 for me

I saw a lot of conversation about The Callisto Protocol, albeit in passing. Were that many people dissatisfied with it?

I know I stopped posting in both because it seemed redundant, unless i was posting about sonething in progress.

That's a shame. Tails of Iron was added to my "maybe one day" list after reading your brief thoughts on it. At times, I'll read someone's review and think about responding but then get distracted. It'd be nice to have more actual conversation there.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 06:52:28 am »
Way back when I was playing most of the beloved retro-stuff online, I posted my Reviews about the games I played there ... I like to give quite detailled reviews, beginning with the history of the games development, going over to the games plot and gameplay and also ranked stuff like graphics, sound etc. (in comparison to games from the same era).

I'd love to have a place here on vg collect to post such reviews! Just tell me where exactly and I'll start typing!  8)
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 10:17:31 am »
Way back when I was playing most of the beloved retro-stuff online, I posted my Reviews about the games I played there ... I like to give quite detailled reviews, beginning with the history of the games development, going over to the games plot and gameplay and also ranked stuff like graphics, sound etc. (in comparison to games from the same era).

I'd love to have a place here on vg collect to post such reviews! Just tell me where exactly and I'll start typing!  8)
Feel free to post them here