Author Topic: Error Listings and rejected edits 2023  (Read 18637 times)

tripredacus

Re: Error Listings and rejected edits 2023
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 10:16:51 am »
Would like to know if the contents of a listing can be used as a descriptor or if hologram location could be used as a descriptor. Would normally try to differentiate by something more clearly on the packaging but Item numbers are the same, discs seem to be the same etc

4012927024058 https://vgcollect.com/item/34836 www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275512044498? www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325508369864?       - Contains 03/04 Konami Catalogue - Hologram on front
4012927026670 www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394384597064? www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374476029126? - No Catalogue - Hologram on back

Try to find sealed examples to see if there is another thing different such as a label. If not then you can put the name of the item in descriptor. It doesn't seem to have the word catalog on it, so it would be (Konami of Europe 03 04)
Then you can edit the name to put in the quote symbol after.

tripredacus

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 10:21:06 am »
The spacing is only a rule on game titles. Disney/Pixar is not part of the game title and can be formatted either way but should match the name source.

The name used on an entry will match whatever name is used for that version GameFAQs. If GameFAQs does not have that version, then people can write the title with or without the studio name present.

So for example, the US version is on GameFAQs and I have fixed our name to match the one there

Now seems to be a good time to get a formal stance on the Disney/Pixar name formatting in a forum topic. Sometime this past year, I noticed that new relevant entries were being formatted as Disney / Pixar with a space before and after the forward slash ( / ). So, when submitting new entries for these kinds of items myself, I had since utilized the same formatting. However, in the past and even with 28797 which is newly updated, those spaces aren't present. So, how exactly should entry names with forward slash in the name be formatted so we can maintain consistency?

dhaabi

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2023, 10:29:35 am »
Would like to know if the contents of a listing can be used as a descriptor or if hologram location could be used as a descriptor. Would normally try to differentiate by something more clearly on the packaging but Item numbers are the same, discs seem to be the same etc

4012927024058 https://vgcollect.com/item/34836 www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275512044498? www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325508369864?       - Contains 03/04 Konami Catalogue - Hologram on front
4012927026670 www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394384597064? www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374476029126? - No Catalogue - Hologram on back

Try to find sealed examples to see if there is another thing different such as a label. If not then you can put the name of the item in descriptor. It doesn't seem to have the word catalog on it, so it would be (Konami of Europe 03 04)
Then you can edit the name to put in the quote symbol after.

The two items should have different secondary spine item numbers. The number relates to the last 7 digits of the barcode sequence. I have only been able to verify the information for the "front hologram" variant. I've yet to encounter a PlayStation 2 EU item that ignores this secondary spine number pattern, much less omit a number altogether.

7024058: 1, 2, 3
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 10:41:17 am by dhaabi »

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2023, 10:40:20 am »
Thats a fair point, I completely neglected to think of the secondary item number. Thanks :)

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 01:37:58 pm »
Had to change the descriptor for Castlevania: Curse of Darkness . Initially I was using the Library Year, however Italy seems to have multiple releases with the same year. Trying to keep the descriptor consistent through all releases.

My only concern is if it is still alright to use just a tld in some of the listings as it may become a little confusing.
Eg. Both being Spanish listings
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (7124291)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness [ES]

Happy to change the titles from including tlds to only using descriptors if this isn't appropriate usage.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 03:51:00 pm by nathan776 »

dhaabi

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2023, 05:03:52 pm »
My only concern is if it is still alright to use just a tld in some of the listings as it may become a little confusing.
Eg. Both being Spanish listings
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (7124291)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness [ES]

Happy to change the titles from including tlds to only using descriptors if this isn't appropriate usage.

Technically, those two entry names together are fine to use. Although, like you've mentioned, it is best to maintain a consistent descriptor and TLD usage for variants, so Castlevania: Curse of Darkness [ES] would eventually and ideally need to be Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (NNNNNNN) once confirmed while adding in the Description field that the item was sold in Spain. European reprints for PlayStation 2 items can especially be confusing since it is difficult to confirm with full confidence spine differences. To give insight into some regional variant releases I've worked on within the category that relied upon the same descriptor information, here are the Silent Hill 4 and Silent Hill: Origins entries from across Europe.

I am not sure who approved your other edits for 234209 and 234216, but TLDs should not be used with that kind of descriptor. The reason is because the descriptor is unique to those specific items individually, such as the 7124284 descriptor being only exclusive to a French release and not something like a German release as well. I have removed the TLDs from both entries.

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2023, 03:49:32 pm »
https://vgcollect.com/item/202684

Admin comments: Re-submit without mention of "EU version." It is the FR version, but that information is also redundant. Only mention the French text manual and requirements.

Why i can't write in description about EU version? It's not french, u can choose 11 languages at start and only Fr - is manual and covers...

And for future.. i always think that its normal if u write in description about game language and manuals, if they are different from version to version... F.e. we have many RU versions with only manual translated, while all game are 100% identical to EU release.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 03:53:08 pm by depressor »

dhaabi

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2023, 11:24:33 pm »
https://vgcollect.com/item/202684

Admin comments: Re-submit without mention of "EU version." It is the FR version, but that information is also redundant. Only mention the French text manual and requirements.

Why i can't write in description about EU version? It's not french, u can choose 11 languages at start and only Fr - is manual and covers...

This entry does not represent the EU release but instead the FR release. Therefore, stating that this item is the former is incorrect. With that said, even correcting the Description information by stating that this item is the FR version would be redundant, as the entry name TLD already clarifies that. If this item were the EU release, stating in the Description field that it is so would also be repeating information, as it would already be made clear from its PlayStation 2 [EU] category placement. A lot of different kinds of information can be supplied to the Description field for all entries, but we should minimize repeating information that is already made clear from other fields such as the Name field, in this instance. The "requirements" information about the EyeToy Camera being required for play is fine to add. Information about the instruction booklet language text can also be submitted.

If I am understanding what you mean by the quoted post, the game disc is what you're clarifying to be the "EU version." If there are a multitude of selectable in-game language options, they may be listed. It is not important to us if the FR game disc is the same game disc as the EU release. Entries should be handled as single entities that do not mention other entries.

I also handled your recent edit submission for EyeToy: Monkey Mania [GR][RU][PT] where you mention the item being the "EU release." If I were submitting information to the field, I would state something like the below text.

includes:
• instruction booklet in Greek, Portuguese, Russian

(11 languages listed altogether) as selectable in-game language options
EyeToy Camera required

However, you may obviously format that information to your preference as there is no standardized formatting for the field, but some way comparable would ideally be how to submit this kind of information.

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2023, 09:31:35 am »
Now i understand why people leave this field empty) OK. Gonna search this info on sites about games releases.

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2023, 04:19:06 pm »
The front cover art for https://vgcollect.com/item/60213 does not match the back and media art.

There are 3 versions (different box types not tlds) of Cel damage that I can find released

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134421383391 (grey and black circles)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225250093049 (white and grey circles)
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/155381758292 https://www.tradera.com/item/340702/314664134/cel-damage-overdrive-sony-playstation-2-ps2-pal-racing-spel-engelsk-utgava-

Not sure which version you'd prefer as front cover is native to listing
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 09:57:32 am by tripredacus »

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2023, 10:48:16 pm »
Sorry ended up generating a blank.

https://vgcollect.com/item/234435

« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 09:54:48 am by tripredacus »

dhaabi

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2023, 10:45:44 am »
The front cover art for https://vgcollect.com/item/60213 does not match the back and media art.

The back cover art for each of the three releases is also unique despite sharing the same barcode. 60213 features "white and grey circles" back artwork, so the front art slot should match accordingly.

tripredacus

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2023, 09:57:45 am »

Front image removed

Warmsignal

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2023, 11:16:10 am »
Grid Legend on PS4. Listing under [NA] region shows [MX] version and wrong cover image.

tripredacus

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2023, 11:59:32 am »
You'll need to post a link because I don't find that title in search.