Author Topic: The Pay It Forward Thread  (Read 72109 times)

soera

The Pay It Forward Thread
« on: May 12, 2012, 10:29:33 pm »
I now have 4 of them. I know a few people here wanted one ... So Im going to let 2 of them go. Let me know if you want one. Im not looking for profit or anything, just want to hook up a few people on here.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:53:36 pm by soera »

ffxik

Re: Xenoblade artbook.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 11:08:03 pm »
These came with pre-order through GameStop correct?

I have effectivly bought my last game from them anyway.  The deal with Xenoblade pissed me off to no end.

soera

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 11:54:11 pm »
Yeah but a lot of people didnt pick up their book. I go shopping for skylanders all the time and one of my stops is Gamestop so when Im in there, I just ask for a book. A lot of times I get "We are out" but so far Ive scored 4 of them. :)

scott

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 11:56:25 pm »
Me!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

atariboy

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 11:59:14 pm »
me too if still available
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

soera

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 12:09:41 am »
All right, hopefully they arent expensive to ship. PM me your addresses.

scott

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 12:42:22 am »
Awesome, thanks man.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 12:47:31 am »
soera, so considerate of you!  I'd have jumped on this offer as well if I didn't snag one for $5 myself.  I'll keep asking around at my Gamestops in case they still have one floating around.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

ffxik

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 01:03:41 am »
Yeah but a lot of people didnt pick up their book. I go shopping for skylanders all the time and one of my stops is Gamestop so when Im in there, I just ask for a book. A lot of times I get "We are out" but so far Ive scored 4 of them. :)

It isn't that I didn't get my book, I didn't get my game either.  I pre-ordered my copy at the tail end of February, paid in full mind you.  Well the weekend it came out I had to pull a double overtime shift at the factory, and I couldnt make the 70 mile trip to go get it.  So when I called on Monday (when I remembered) to see if they still had my copy, they said "no" they only hold pre-orders for 48 hours.  Since it came out on Friday, and I spent everyday of the weekend working 12 hour shifts, I was out $50.  I did buy it again, sans artbook but I will never set foot inside that store again.

soera

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 01:15:56 am »
If you didnt get your game, they should have at least refunded your money. Thats crap if they didnt. I know anytime I didnt pick up a pre-order or I cancelled, they refunded the cash or put it toward something else. If I get another book, Ill let ya know. I seem to get pretty lucky with them. I know the 2 places I got these last 2 have at least one more. Ill probably try to send the stepson in there to snag one up tomorrow.

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 01:17:38 am »

It isn't that I didn't get my book, I didn't get my game either.  I pre-ordered my copy at the tail end of February, paid in full mind you.  Well the weekend it came out I had to pull a double overtime shift at the factory, and I couldnt make the 70 mile trip to go get it.  So when I called on Monday (when I remembered) to see if they still had my copy, they said "no" they only hold pre-orders for 48 hours.  Since it came out on Friday, and I spent everyday of the weekend working 12 hour shifts, I was out $50.  I did buy it again, sans artbook but I will never set foot inside that store again.

That suuuuucks.  I know they have that 48-hour hold policy, but every store I went to or called was giving all of their Xenoblade reserve copies about a week instead and a courtesy call and everything.  I think especially since the release was on a Friday, counting the weekend is a bit unfair.  Sorry to hear it, man...
If you didnt get your game, they should have at least refunded your money. Thats crap if they didnt. I know anytime I didnt pick up a pre-order or I cancelled, they refunded the cash or put it toward something else.

Yeah, I think if anything, they might try to keep the $5 if you put that down for the pre-order earlier, but I'm hoping they didn't keep your $50.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 01:19:27 am »
Yeah thats totally bullshit. Which state/store is that? We should go in there and kick someone's ass!

scott

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 01:22:04 am »
If you didnt get your game, they should have at least refunded your money. Thats crap if they didnt. I know anytime I didnt pick up a pre-order or I cancelled, they refunded the cash or put it toward something else. If I get another book, Ill let ya know. I seem to get pretty lucky with them. I know the 2 places I got these last 2 have at least one more. Ill probably try to send the stepson in there to snag one up tomorrow.

I agree, if they didn't refund you then that's a load of crap. I'd ask to speak to the DM.

ffxik

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 01:32:19 am »
West Plains, Missouri is where the place is located.  Nope, no refund.  I don't care they can keep it.  They can consider it payback when I dropped off that copy of .hack//Mutation that I knew didn't work for making me pay 70 dollars for Y's: The Ark of Napishtam, especially when it was marked at 19.99, or trading in 8 PS2 games to buy one $17.99 PS2 game and still having to pay $17.45 for it.  Or when I paid $60 for the Tekken 6 LE and didn't get the game, they wanted to keep the extras in exchange for a used copy that had a $7.99 price tag on it.  No refunding the difference.  When I took it back to get it corrected.

Now that I look at it that place has been boning me hardcore.  Didn't even bother with a cheap dinner or a crappy movie.  At least a damn reach around guys, come on.   >:(

Yeah, I'm done with that hole.

ffxik

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 01:34:33 am »

I agree, if they didn't refund you then that's a load of crap. I'd ask to speak to the DM.

You just get the run around if you do that.

Anywho, lets end the anger and hate that GameStop rightfully deserves.  TO focus on the really awesome thing soera did for a few luck individuals on here.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:36:26 am by ffxik »