Author Topic: Diamond Trust of London (Game related, not spam!!)  (Read 7913 times)

matt

Re: Diamond Trust of London (Game related, not spam!!)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 09:05:18 pm »
Very interesting use of KickStarter. The game doesn't interest me much but having a limited edition 1000 release title kinda, sorta does. I'm not a big DS collector but rarity is always attractive.

scott

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 09:11:59 pm »
I'd sign up for an account and back it, but the Facebook link is borked. When they ask for name, is that real name or a user name. So confused haha
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:15:35 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 09:21:26 pm »
I used Soera.

scott

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 09:23:37 pm »
Ya I just used my standard user name too. I backed it for the Limited Edition, not sure if I'll open it or not. But it'll be a neat talking piece either way.

Edit: The box art is a little "meh" though. They should hire me to spruce it up. :)

soera

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 09:28:10 pm »
Im still a little worried I wont be able to totally afford it. When will they collect?

scott

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 09:38:18 pm »
End of the month. If they raise enough by the deadline

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 09:40:35 pm »
I knew this guy sounded familiar: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/07/mf_chainworld/all/1

He's the wackjob anti-vaxxer who made Chain World.

amauriel

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 10:13:34 pm »
I heard Jane McGonigal speak at PAX East 2011, and she had this whole thing in there about Chain World, and how strange it was to know that there were other things in the game that you would want to see but that you were done and that was it and there was no replaying. So 1) She and Will Wright both DID get the game and 2) It really was a strange concept unlike any other, albeit not exactly something profitable.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 10:16:56 pm »
I knew this guy sounded familiar: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/07/mf_chainworld/all/1

He's the wackjob anti-vaxxer who made Chain World.

Kirby, I'm not sure if it's an Australian thing... but what is an "anti-vaxxer"?

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 10:45:01 pm »
People who are against vaccination of children. There's one Australian who is STRONGLY against it because she believes it causes autism and she's completely insane: http://meryldorey.org/

I give mad props to that site for having a tag section specifically for avarice, though.

scott

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 10:47:11 pm »
Aaah, that makes more sense though. But you know, all the vaccines, are just filled with nano-machines which will track our every move and control our minds from within our minds.  :o

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 10:50:58 pm »
ID CONTROLLED SOLDIERS FIGHTING ID CONTROLLED WARS WITH ID CONTROLLED WEAPONS etc

soera

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 12:10:12 am »
Great ... this is making me a bit more weary of the fact that I am now backing this project with what little extra money I may have.   :o

desocietas

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 12:34:28 am »
People who are against vaccination of children. There's one Australian who is STRONGLY against it because she believes it causes autism and she's completely insane: http://meryldorey.org/

I give mad props to that site for having a tag section specifically for avarice, though.

Whoa, we have people like that in the states, but we don't have fancy names for them like "anti-vaxxer."  Interesting!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 09:39:04 am »

Whoa, we have people like that in the states, but we don't have fancy names for them like "anti-vaxxer."  Interesting!

That's true - here in the states they'd probably just fall under the "Extremist" or "Radical" blanket :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"