Author Topic: Error Listings and rejected edits 2024  (Read 8291 times)

Re: Error Listings and rejected edits 2024
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2024, 10:33:52 pm »
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 08:22:47 am by dhaabi »

62gaming

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2024, 11:02:38 am »
Regarding the [Princess Natasha - Fun Pak] and the [March of the Penguins  - Bundle Pack],  the words "Bundle Pack" are indeed on the package, just on the side.

I would like to add it as the alternate title for Princess Natasha bundle as well as change the title for the March of the Penguins bundle.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 11:12:47 am by dhaabi »

dhaabi

« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2024, 11:11:46 am »
Regarding the [Princess Natasha - Fun Pak] and the [March of the Penguins  - Bundle Pack],  the words "Bundle Pack" are indeed on the package, just on the side.

Edit for 265986 approved, edit for 265985 rejected. For the Alt-Name field, there isn't any reason to repeat the base entry name. So, Bundle Pack should be used instead of Princess Natasha - Bundle Pack.

Based on the packaging text, this implies there are two versions: the first for Game Boy Advance and the second for DS. So, if there are two versions, then the Description field information should strictly state that a Game Boy Advance game is included and not a DS game, simply because the entry exists in a Game Boy Advance category. However, that text can be submitted as it is to the Box Text field.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 12:29:05 pm by dhaabi »

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2024, 03:32:37 pm »
Hey,

I got an edit of my recent add of Plant Down in the database, a game distributed on itch.io: https://vgcollect.com/item/266615
I wanted to update the platform from PC - Digital Download to Android, since the game is only available as a .apk: https://rouli.itch.io/plant-down

The edit got rejected for the following: “Conflicting information, as itch.io is also present.”

As it’s an Android-only (as a platform, I’m not talking of Google Play or whatever) game released on itch.io, I hardly see any conflict there though.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 03:39:42 pm by dhaabi »

dhaabi

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2024, 03:39:03 pm »
I wanted to update the platform from PC - Digital Download to Android, since the game is only available as a .apk: https://rouli.itch.io/plant-down

As it’s an Android-only (as a platform, I’m not talking of Google Play or whatever) game released on itch.io, I hardly see any conflict there though.

I wasn't aware itch.io's market offered games for Android devices. If you re-submit the edit, it will be approved.

« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2024, 11:50:06 pm »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 12:22:42 pm by nathan776 »

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2024, 12:13:17 am »
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 09:41:51 am by tripredacus »

« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2024, 10:19:55 pm »
https://vgcollect.com/item/76487

The "Gold Edition" of Resident Evil 5 was never released on the digital XBox 360 Gamestore, and all the images on this listing are of the physical disc game. This listing seems to be a mistake.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 10:20:38 am by tripredacus »

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2024, 03:01:23 pm »
Before I edit this entry (Zeit² - https://vgcollect.com/item/34038), I want to make sure it follows the style guide:

It currently is listed as "Zeit Squared" on VG Collect, but of course the official title is "Zeit²" as seen on the official Xbox Marketplace Listing and on the box art.

Is the ² exponent allowed in an Item Name?
Or Does the ² exponent count as a "symbol" where a standard alphanumeric should be used in its place (e.g. "Zeit²" should be named "Zeit2" in VG Collect)?
Or is the current spelling ² out as it would be spoken ("Squared") the correct format?

I was planning on editing it to the more official exponent option, but I wanted to be certain it was following the style guide.

tripredacus

« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2024, 04:11:00 pm »
Before I edit this entry (Zeit² - https://vgcollect.com/item/34038), I want to make sure it follows the style guide:

It currently is listed as "Zeit Squared" on VG Collect, but of course the official title is "Zeit²" as seen on the official Xbox Marketplace Listing and on the box art.

Is the ² exponent allowed in an Item Name?
Or Does the ² exponent count as a "symbol" where a standard alphanumeric should be used in its place (e.g. "Zeit²" should be named "Zeit2" in VG Collect)?
Or is the current spelling ² out as it would be spoken ("Squared") the correct format?

I was planning on editing it to the more official exponent option, but I wanted to be certain it was following the style guide.

Use Zeit Squared but put the other form into Alt-name field.

empovyle

« Last Edit: Today at 08:12:49 am by dhaabi »

dhaabi

« Reply #101 on: Today at 08:14:34 am »

ferraroso

« Reply #102 on: Today at 06:57:46 pm »
So I recently had a box art edit rejected for this item:
Mad Stalker: Full Metal Forth (https://vgcollect.com/item/221041)
I just got the game on mail yesterday and scanned the both the front and back covers, so I am pretty sure the art isn't wrong, haha.
But here is the thing:
Taking a look at the Strictly Limited website, I realized that there are two versions of this release.

One is being sold as "MAD STALKER: FULL METAL FORTH (MEGA DRIVE COMPATIBLE GAME)":
https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/mad-stalker-full-metal-forth/products/mad-stalker-full-metal-forth-mega-drive-game

And the other as "MAD STALKER: FULL METAL FORTH (GENESIS COMPATIBLE GAME)"
https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/mad-stalker-full-metal-forth/products/mad-stalker-full-metal-forth-genesis-game

My question here is: how should we list these?
Should the first one (the one I boght and tried to edit yesterday) be added to the database as an European release and the other as a North American one?
Or, since Strictly Limited is based in Germany, should both be considered European releases and the have the distinction between them made clear on each entry's name?

Thanks in advance.

dhaabi

« Reply #103 on: Today at 08:51:35 pm »
So I recently had a box art edit rejected for this item:
Mad Stalker: Full Metal Forth (https://vgcollect.com/item/221041)
I just got the game on mail yesterday and scanned the both the front and back covers, so I am pretty sure the art isn't wrong, haha.

To clarify, your edits were only rejected because they don't align with what the entry was seemingly intended to represent, so we shouldn't overwrite that entry's information.

Ordinarily, the two items would be placed in the EU category due to Strictly Limited Games being located in Europe, but that isn't the case in this situation since the two versions in question are region-specific releases. Because of that detail, the two items can be placed in their respective regional categories. From the Platform post of the style guide:

Online Exclusive Releases
If the publisher has created different versions to match different regions, then these may be put in the category that the packaging design is meant to homage. As an example, JoshProd, an EU company, will release US, EU and JP editions of games that can be put into their respective  categories.
Example: 4x4 Jam with US design is in Dreamcast [NA], with EU design is in Dreamcast [EU] and with JP design is in Dreamcast [JP].

Originally, this item was submitted to the Sega Mega Drive [EU] sub-category, but it was possibly changed with later edits. Since we can't confirm what the original art was (if there was any), the updated art may have just been higher quality. At the same time, the entry may have been submitted to the EU category with the same thinking that you're presenting, that the item belongs in that category placement due to the publisher's location. But, since the entry creator has been inactive for nearly two years, we can't ask them for any clarification.

Since 221041 has featured NA details for 18 months without anyone else bringing attention to this problem, I find re-categorizing it to the Sega Genesis sub-category to be the best solution, which has been updated just now by me. A new entry for the Mega Drive version which you own can be submitted to that appropriate category.

ferraroso

« Reply #104 on: Today at 09:26:57 pm »
Perfect!
Thanks, dhaabi! I already created a new entry for the European release with the appropriate cover art.

Also, since I'm here, I should add that all those blank entries from before were mine. I had trouble with my internet connection and with some of the images I was trying to upload, so it all got messed up. Sorry for the trouble.

To clarify, your edits were only rejected because they don't align with what the entry was seemingly intended to represent, so we shouldn't overwrite that entry's information.

Ordinarily, the two items would be placed in the EU category due to Strictly Limited Games being located in Europe, but that isn't the case in this situation since the two versions in question are region-specific releases. Because of that detail, the two items can be placed in their respective regional categories. From the Platform post of the style guide:

Originally, this item was submitted to the Sega Mega Drive [EU] sub-category, but it was possibly changed with later edits. Since we can't confirm what the original art was (if there was any), the updated art may have just been higher quality. At the same time, the entry may have been submitted to the EU category with the same thinking that you're presenting, that the item belongs in that category placement due to the publisher's location. But, since the entry creator has been inactive for nearly two years, we can't ask them for any clarification.

Since 221041 has featured NA details for 18 months without anyone else bringing attention to this problem, I find re-categorizing it to the Sega Genesis sub-category to be the best solution, which has been updated just now by me. A new entry for the Mega Drive version which you own can be submitted to that appropriate category.