Author Topic: Recently Finished  (Read 19709 times)

jobocan

Re: Recently Finished
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2013, 10:29:39 pm »
Finished Metal Gear Rising twice today. First on normal mode, then on easy mode to almost-finish upgrading Raiden in preparation for Hard mode.

It's a really short game, but damn is it fun.

insektmute

« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2013, 10:39:11 pm »
Hahahahahahaha. Just wait until you start playing SNK games.

Oh man, SNK boss syndrome is the worst. WORST. Just picturing having to tackle assholes like Magaki in KOF XI makes me want to throw a controller, and I'm not even holding one right now.

*headdesk*

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2013, 01:00:10 am »
Just finished the SNES version of Chrono Trigger via Wii Virtual Console. Pretty awesome JRPG involving time-travel.

Now I need to track down Chrono Cross on PS1.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:06:13 am by burningdoom »

pacpix

« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2013, 09:42:32 pm »
Hahahahahahaha. Just wait until you start playing SNK games.

Oh man, SNK boss syndrome is the worst. WORST. Just picturing having to tackle assholes like Magaki in KOF XI makes me want to throw a controller, and I'm not even holding one right now.

*headdesk*
Is it even possible to win that game?  :o
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2013, 09:49:04 pm »
I've beaten him more times than I've beaten Gill in Street Fighter III.

Then again, bug-eyes doesn't have the cheap as hell resurrection super.

« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2013, 12:47:22 am »
My most hated SNK boss is Yuga; thanks to him/her I have no idea what the endings for Asura Zanmaden look like (and maybe I never will!) D:

insektmute

« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2013, 10:41:50 am »

Haha, it's funny you mention that... I was playing a quick run of SF3 this weekend, and while it took a little while to take Gill out, I distinctly remembering thinking how much better I was doing against him compared to guys like Magaki or Omega Rugal. Frustrating as his revival crap is, I think he can only do it once in a match, so if you win the first round, and he revives and you lose in the second, you've pretty much got him by the third.

foxhack

« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2013, 07:25:22 pm »

Haha, it's funny you mention that... I was playing a quick run of SF3 this weekend, and while it took a little while to take Gill out, I distinctly remembering thinking how much better I was doing against him compared to guys like Magaki or Omega Rugal. Frustrating as his revival crap is, I think he can only do it once in a match, so if you win the first round, and he revives and you lose in the second, you've pretty much got him by the third.
I'm pretty sure he can pull a resurrection out of his thong if he has a full super bar.

insektmute

« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2013, 10:15:08 pm »
Ah, I didn't think of that. Guess I got lucky the other night after all :p

« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2013, 11:08:50 pm »
uncharted drakes fortune

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2013, 06:47:55 pm »
I just finished Arkham City. By just finished, I mean the credits are rolling.
It was a little disappointing to be honest. Of course, I didn't do all the side missions; but it just didn't live up to what I was expecting. Moving on I guess.
Next up in the back log is Assassin's Creed III.  Wish me luck.

jcalder8

« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2013, 09:02:24 pm »
I just finished Arkham City. By just finished, I mean the credits are rolling.
It was a little disappointing to be honest. Of course, I didn't do all the side missions; but it just didn't live up to what I was expecting. Moving on I guess.
Next up in the back log is Assassin's Creed III.  Wish me luck.
I found Arkham Asylum more enjoyable than City.

insektmute

« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2013, 09:34:36 pm »
I haven't played Arkham City (yet?), but I seem to be one of the few people disappointed by Arkham Asylum. Great visuals and characters, but the dull "simon says" style combat and uninspired boss battles put me off quite a bit. It's far better than most licensed games, but I'd have rated it a fair bit lower than the 8-10 scores most people gave it. Decent enough for an easy, kick back and relax sort of thing, though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2013, 09:59:13 pm »
I haven't played Arkham City (yet?), but I seem to be one of the few people disappointed by Arkham Asylum. Great visuals and characters, but the dull "simon says" style combat and uninspired boss battles put me off quite a bit. It's far better than most licensed games, but I'd have rated it a fair bit lower than the 8-10 scores most people gave it. Decent enough for an easy, kick back and relax sort of thing, though.

There was one thing about Arkham Asylum that really annoyed me: Why the heck can't Batman jump?! He's freaking Batman!

Other than that annoyance, I enjoyed the game.

psydswipe

« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2013, 06:05:01 am »
I finished the new Tomb Raider over the weekend. While it's not entirely like the other Tomb Raider games, I like it quite a bit. Put about 20 hours into it since I went back in after I finished to collect all the items and enter the tomb I missed. There aren't many tombs and they are very small. No elaborate puzzles in this game, just spot a few simple steps to get yourself up to a ledge and open a chest. There are more quick-timer events than I'd like but it's a good action game with a bit of a Lost (the TV show) feel to it. Great graphics and good voice acting too.