Author Topic: Recently Finished  (Read 19704 times)

foxhack

Re: Recently Finished
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2012, 02:11:58 am »
Oh guess what, I just beat Blackwell Convergence, the third in the series. Got seven of the twelve achievements in the one playthrough. I would've gotten one more but I accidentally asked for hints.

I only have one game in the series left to go. I got it at GOG a couple of days ago... no Steam achievements there, but it'll be worth it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2012, 10:35:07 am »
This game Demon's Souls was the less played out of the two and definitely received less love out of both of them. The reason for this was because it was PS3 exclusive, while Dark Souls was released on virtually everything. You don't need to be a hypocrite have a condescending attitude like that, especially after telling other people to show respect.

Okay, then...

...Respectfully, you're wrong :)

Have a nice day :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2012, 08:45:08 pm »
This game Demon's Souls was the less played out of the two and definitely received less love out of both of them. The reason for this was because it was PS3 exclusive, while Dark Souls was released on virtually everything. You don't need to be a hypocrite have a condescending attitude like that, especially after telling other people to show respect.

Okay, then...

What a thought out argument to defend your statement.
If you ask someone, "Have you played Demon's Souls?" there's a more likely chance they'll say "No, but I've played Dark Souls!"

Most people I know who own PS3's have never played Demon's Souls. Either way, they're both really good games and anybody who doesn't play both is really missing out.

foxhack

« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2012, 09:23:54 pm »
Uh... yeah, guys, chill out. Please. :(

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2012, 11:20:55 pm »
Uh... yeah, guys, chill out. Please. :(

Sorry. I was trying to remain as passive as possible but condescending attitudes tend to piss me off.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2012, 08:42:37 am »

Okay, then...

What a thought out argument to defend your statement.
If you ask someone, "Have you played Demon's Souls?" there's a more likely chance they'll say "No, but I've played Dark Souls!"

Most people I know who own PS3's have never played Demon's Souls. Either way, they're both really good games and anybody who doesn't play both is really missing out.

I'm cool w/ just leaving it at "they're both really good games"...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2012, 06:20:11 pm »
I really tried to get into Demon's Souls but it was just too hard for me :( I did enjoy what I played of it though

upondoom

« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2012, 06:25:18 pm »
I really tried to get into Demon's Souls but it was just too hard for me :( I did enjoy what I played of it though

but you own several NES games... do you play them?

I play da video games and listen to da metalz.

Last.fm

jcalder8

« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2012, 06:28:16 pm »

Some of them

upondoom

« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2012, 06:42:19 pm »

Some of them

I was just thinking that a lot of NES games have equal difficulty and difficulty that even surpasses Demon's Souls.

I play da video games and listen to da metalz.

Last.fm

tpugmire

« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2012, 06:49:17 pm »
I got 100% on Lego Indiana Jones this morning before work.  Up next... not sure.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

foxhack

« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2012, 11:23:36 pm »
Just finished Blackwell Deception. Man if you guys love adventure games, get these,  the entire series worth your twenty bucks (or less if you grab them on sale!)

desocietas

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2012, 11:57:12 pm »
Just finished Blackwell Deception. Man if you guys love adventure games, get these,  the entire series worth your twenty bucks (or less if you grab them on sale!)

Do you know how many there will be?  I got Deception in the recent Indie bundle, but if the whole series might be bundled (and hopefully on sale), I might wait 'till then to dive into them.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2012, 12:09:10 am »
The first three games were sold in an Indie Royale a year ago, before Deception was released.

All four games are sold as a pack at GOG and Steam. I actually bought the pack on GOG a few days before the indie bundle just to get Deception and the soundtracks... and look what happened. :P

The first three games are five bucks each at Steam, so they may be like, 75% off during Christmas. Be patient. :)

desocietas

« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2012, 12:11:38 am »
The first three games are five bucks each at Steam, so they may be like, 75% off during Christmas. Be patient. :)

Yeah, I figured I'd probably get 'em for about a buck each or something come the holiday season... I don't have time to dig into those right now anyway - I still have the rest of the Runaway series and a few other adventures to crack open.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas