Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 175461 times)

ffxik

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #330 on: July 16, 2013, 02:01:52 am »

c).  This will definitely be the 1st (and possibly the only) hardcover Disgaea strategy guide.

I'm expecting that the game's gonna be fun as hell, though - guide or no guide :)

Well, damn, now I kinda want it.  Hardcover = classy!

Yes indeedy!

Doublejump did great guides for 1-3, then, Prima (I think) did its usual job on the one for 4.

If by usual you mean half assed.  I would have got the guide but the extra $20 was it was just that much over the top.  Well to be honest I had two $5 coupons I had to redeem just to get the other down to $74.95.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #331 on: July 16, 2013, 09:28:40 am »

c).  This will definitely be the 1st (and possibly the only) hardcover Disgaea strategy guide.

I'm expecting that the game's gonna be fun as hell, though - guide or no guide :)

Yes indeedy!

Doublejump did great guides for 1-3, then, Prima (I think) did its usual job on the one for 4.

If by usual you mean half assed.  I would have got the guide but the extra $20 was it was just that much over the top.  Well to be honest I had two $5 coupons I had to redeem just to get the other down to $74.95.

By "usual", I certainly did mean "half-assed"; as I was feeling generous  ;)

I *did* make a mistake, though...it was Brady -not- Prima that did it...doesn't change a thing about what I said, though :)

My 1st experience w/ a Brady guide was for FF-X-2 (and I noticed it didn't ever even mention and/or map) the *ENTIRE* "Chocobo Dungeon"...standard Brady/Prima/half-assed guide  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #332 on: July 16, 2013, 09:39:59 am »
Shin Megami Tensei IV is out for delivery! I can't wait to get home and start it up!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #333 on: July 16, 2013, 09:42:09 am »
Sigh, makes me sad I had to cancel all my pre-orders. :(

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #334 on: July 16, 2013, 10:28:27 am »
just got home w/ mine!

desocietas

« Reply #335 on: July 16, 2013, 02:14:21 pm »
I just picked up mine, and the manager put aside the display box for me, too!

also, @soera, I think I might have 3 copies total when all is said and done... Let me know if your situation changes for the better later on!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #336 on: July 16, 2013, 02:36:33 pm »
Ooo cool. When you find out if you actually do have 3, let me know. I will definitely try to find someway to get it!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2013, 09:40:12 am »
Just received shipping confirmation for my 3 Time and Eternity LE's  ;D

ko1ru

« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2013, 06:12:01 pm »
Score!  Not only did I get my SMT IV pre-order, but the manager of my GameStop had saved back the cardboard display for me!

(Don't you love cool GS employees, Desocietas?  ;) )

desocietas

« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2013, 06:47:52 pm »
Score!  Not only did I get my SMT IV pre-order, but the manager of my GameStop had saved back the cardboard display for me!

(Don't you love cool GS employees, Desocietas?  ;) )

So nice to have friends in game-related places, indeed!  Congrats!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

ffxik

« Reply #340 on: July 18, 2013, 05:02:12 am »

Yes indeedy!

I *did* make a mistake, though...it was Brady -not- Prima that did it...doesn't change a thing about what I said, though :)

My 1st experience w/ a Brady guide was for FF-X-2 (and I noticed it didn't ever even mention and/or map) the *ENTIRE* "Chocobo Dungeon"...standard Brady/Prima/half-assed guide  :o

Final fantasy IX strategy guide.  I remember buying it.  Then damn near burning the thing because when I was growing up my family didn't have a computer much less the internet.  I couldn't believe I paid $20 for that thing.

scott

« Reply #341 on: July 18, 2013, 08:03:33 am »

Yes indeedy!

Final fantasy IX strategy guide.  I remember buying it.  Then damn near burning the thing because when I was growing up my family didn't have a computer much less the internet.  I couldn't believe I paid $20 for that thing.

^^^^ This
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #342 on: August 04, 2013, 07:59:33 pm »
Preordered a PS4 on Amazing. Launch day edition too :D

ffxik

« Reply #343 on: August 04, 2013, 08:33:58 pm »
I got shipping conformation on one of my preorders recently I'll post a pic or two when it comes in.

soera

« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2013, 09:07:28 pm »
Pre-ordered :

Waiting on :