Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89420 times)

scott

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2013, 05:03:48 pm »
You find some strange shit my friend.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2013, 05:29:18 pm »
You find some strange shit my friend.

Q.

F.

T.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2013, 08:11:49 pm »
Heh definitely.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2013, 08:53:04 pm »

foxhack

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2013, 09:11:20 pm »
Groovy.

jcalder8

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2013, 12:25:35 pm »
I get to post in here since I have started a new collection besides video games :D

I just bought the first of four of the Classic Collection of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Michelangelo is currently looking at me from the top shelf from his box of course.

« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2013, 05:56:39 pm »
I just won free (digital) copies of PPPPPPowerup and Adventure by Souleye. He's the guy who made the music for VVVVVV, and you can listen to the albums at the above links. PPPPPPowerup is a VVVVVV remix album, and Adventure features lots of music from other projects, including remixes.
wow almost better than listening to grooveshark.com but I'm liking them :) nice find
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

scott

« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2013, 08:18:48 pm »
Just got a bulk lot of 500 WoW TCG cards for like $15. These should be a huge help in refining the class decks I made to face off against the raid decks. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2013, 08:22:13 pm »
Starting to get back into baseball cards... Purchased 22/26 of the 1977 Topps Mariners set.  This time instead of just buying random cards I am going to focus on my favorite team, the Seattle Mariners.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:25 pm »
Backfilling my finds:

Cantinflas Show 5-DVD volumes 1 and 2 (new, $1 each)
Savage Sisters ($2)
Los Caballeros del Zodiaco: La muerte de Hades (new, Mexican bootleg, $1)
La maldiciĆ³n de Nostradamus (new, $1)
La fuga del Rojo (new, $1)

Some of you guys may remember Cantinflas show under its American name, Amigo and Friends. Caballeros del Zodiaco is a bootleg from Mexico. How it ended up in the US, I dunno. The Nostradamus flick is... well, one of his descendants is an evil wizard and wants to take over the world. And a scientist must stop him. La fuga del Rojo is a typical 1980's action flick with the man that gives Chuck Norris nightmares, Mario Almada. :D

Then last week I got this stuff. Fun fact, Jeff Goldblum is a bit player in the movie.

This week:

Pink Floyd / Dark Side of the Moon (SACD remaster from 2003) - $1
Save Ferris - Introducing... (EP, $1)

The Save Ferris EP sounds SO DIFFERENT from their first album!

This is from yesterday and today:

Ninja Warriors (new) - $1
The American Poop Movie (new) - $2
La venganza del Rojo: La fuga del Rojo 2 - $2
Camino al infierno - $2

Sadly, the Ninja Warriors DVD doesn't have a Zuntata soundtrack. Also, what kind of jerkbags add the movie trailer BEFORE the movie itself? They spoiled everything! I have no idea what American Poop movie is about but the title was catchy. After getting La fuga del Rojo the other week I found out that there was a sequel, but idiot sellers want big bucks for it. And then I found it here. :D And Camino al infierno is another movie with Mario Almada... which I already owned in a three pack. I didn't realize it because the artwork was different. Oh well, no big loss. This one has cooler artwork.

pacpix

« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2013, 12:23:09 am »
Just finished off my 1977 Topps and O Pee Chee Mariners sets.  I just need to get a few oddball cards and 77 will be complete.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2013, 03:50:00 pm »
Monday:

$1. The guy who sold this to me had no idea it had this many movies. It's mostly PD crap, but at a buck, why not.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the movies in this set are encoded in a weird half-width resolution. My computer plays them fine but I haven't tried any on my PS2...

Today:

Cuatro Peliculas de Alfonso Zayas - $1
Motocross Zombies From Hell - $1
100,000 Watts (lots of music videos) - $1
Champion Joe - $3

I got those three first movies from the same place I got those Mexican DVDs in past weeks. Motocross Zombies had already been for sale, but I didn't pick it up, I think. The Alfonso Zayas collection... well, it's a bunch of bad comedies. Really bad. The main actor was pretty popular in the 70's (on TV) and 80's (in this genre) but these days he mostly does direct to video garbage. 100,000 Watts is interesting, it's an unauthorized DVD with lots of music videos, including Michael Jackson's Bad. I haven't opened it yet. Motocross Zombies is an American (Latino) film, it just looks stupid so why not. :D

... Champion Joe was the REAL find. Look at it. The series has never received any official releases outside of Japan, and here I found this thing, published by a "legit" company, with security seals and all. That was $3, which is a bit more than I wanted to pay, but it's just so strange... I couldn't resist.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:56:46 pm by foxhack »

sin2beta

« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2013, 04:47:25 pm »
This week:

Pink Floyd / Dark Side of the Moon (SACD remaster from 2003) - $1
Save Ferris - Introducing... (EP, $1)

The Save Ferris EP sounds SO DIFFERENT from their first album!

I LOVE Save Ferris.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:31 pm »
I collect sodas (mostly mountain dew though since they release so many god dang flavors). I will probably pick up some of Mountain Dew Kickstart (even though I expect nothing from them).
In other news, I'm getting into vinyl and I just ordered Defenders Of The Faith by Judas Priest. Along with The power of love by Huey Lewis and the News.

sin2beta

« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2013, 12:11:49 am »
My webcam broke or I'd take pictures, but I picked up Uncanny X-men #20 and #96. I paid $20 total. They are in pretty good condition. I'm slowly and patiently picking up the original 66 issues and the early Claremont issues. I am approaching a third of the original 66 issues with #6 being the earliest. All complete and under $25 per issue. Best buy was #17 for 50 cents.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c