Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89441 times)

scott

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2013, 01:04:48 pm »
Ya, if anything. I'd prolly just stick with Doors albums. Just to keep it focused. At the moment, I have all their studio albums, the 2 original Live albums and their 1st 2 Greatest Hits collections. :)

I don't even have a turntable, so I can't even play them. But I like CDs, so that's my main music collection.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »

And since it hasnt been mentioned, the S&M CD set is fantastic.

that's the only metallica cd I like. love metal but not a metallica fan

I love the S&M set as well but I am a Metallica fan. I really didnt care for their first release (never been too much into speed style metal) but they had a huge run of awesome releases after. Ride the lightning has one of my favorite of all their songs (Fade to Black), Justice for all and the Black album are 2 of the best metal releases of all time. I also liked Load and Reload. I dont care about their hair cuts or anything at the time about people saying they sold out, the songs on those 2 CDs are really just good stuff. I think when it all comes down to it, Im a Jason Newsted Metallica fan. Everything after he left has been blah for me.

scott

« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2013, 02:25:58 pm »
I'm actually a pretty big fan of Metallica and like everything up to St Anger (which is fucking horrible), but I really liked Death Magnetic too. Cliff Burton's Pulling Teeth is one of the reasons I play Bass guitar.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2013, 06:54:35 pm »
I'm actually a pretty big fan of Metallica and like everything up to St Anger (which is fucking horrible), but I really liked Death Magnetic too. Cliff Burton's Pulling Teeth is one of the reasons I play Bass guitar.

Same here. I've loved like every Metallica album produced, except St. Anger. Yes, even Load, Re-Load, and Death Magnetic.

St. Anger was complete crap, though. Sounded like Lars was playing the tin cans, the song writing had like no depth to it, the songs were repetitive and annoying, and it sounded cheaply produced even though we all know it wasn't.

scott

« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2013, 07:41:26 pm »
ya, that's my biggest issue with St Anger. I could understand if they were going for a Garage sound, but it honestly sounded like a poorly produced Demo. There are no solos in it, and that's one thing I've always loved about Metallica. Actually I dislike St Anger so much that refuse to waste space on my iPod with it... same w/ Lulu, that album is complete garbage.

scott

« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2013, 07:43:14 pm »
And I don't get why Load and ReLoad get so much flak. There are some great songs on there, and no, They weren't my first Metallica albums. That honor belongs to Black Album and ...and Justice for All.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2013, 07:54:53 pm »
And I don't get why Load and ReLoad get so much flak. There are some great songs on there, and no, They weren't my first Metallica albums. That honor belongs to Black Album and ...and Justice for All.

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, for me.

scott

« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2013, 07:58:54 pm »
It's strange, I didn't get started listening to music, until maybe my Sophomore year of High School. Now I don't watch TV, and just have music going all day or play video games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2013, 08:02:46 pm »
It's strange, I didn't get started listening to music, until maybe my Sophomore year of High School. Now I don't watch TV, and just have music going all day or play video games.

Same here. But I started becoming a metal head in about 6th grade. I rarely watch T.V. anymore, but back when I was growing up my life revolved around the T.V. schedule, it seemed.

scott

« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2013, 08:09:41 pm »
I started out w/ AC/DC and Metallica and went more toward metal over the rest of High School. But now my tastes cover anything from Classic Rock, Metal, Punk, SKA, Jazz and anything in between... I don't really like Country, though, I make an exemption for Johnny Cash.

Oh and I have like 394 albums on iTune and prolly at least 300 are CDs or close to it. I'm in the process of replacing my iTunes bought albums w/ real CDs too. Once I build my entertainment center in the living room, the goal is to have a row of CDs from one end of the wall to he other (it's a 25' wall). I did the math once, and that'd be like 650 standard size CD cases. :D

Matt doesn't understand my love of CDs though, and keeps going on about "dying format, yada yada".

soera

« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2013, 08:11:16 pm »
I used to have a metric ton of CDs ... I eventually put all of the music on my computer and sold them to buy my back wheel on my Harley. :)

pacpix

« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2013, 08:14:17 pm »
Matt doesn't understand my love of CDs though, and keeps going on about "dying format, yada yada".
My parents are the same way!   I prefer CDs because they usually come with a nice booklet, and I prefer to have a physical copy of my stuff.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2013, 08:36:56 pm »
I've already re-ripped my collection 2 or 3 times. Either thanks to hard drive failure, switching players or changing format. Plus I am bad about no trusting back ups, which I think might be a hold over from early memory cards for consoles... I've lost many a save file to those things...

So, I'll never get rid of my CD collection. Plus I just like the format. Sure I can't play as many different songs at once, like I can on my iPod. But, there's just that feeling of opening up a brand new disc and listening to it on the drive home.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2013, 11:13:13 pm »
I don't know why it's hard to understand. Same reason most of us game collector's prefer a physical copy of a game over a digital copy. They're more collectible, it's cool to look at the booklets and artwork, and you get a full album as it was intended to be.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2013, 08:18:50 am »

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, for me.

(Almost) this -

Ride the Lightning, Master of Muppets, and Kill 'Em All for me (in that order).

BUT, Mustaine > Hammet, IMO!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"