Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 88738 times)

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #645 on: December 11, 2016, 07:36:30 am »
Yesterday i was at the same expo that i was in april and again i came back home with a few OST and other stuff :

Starting with the games OST, i've got Baten Kaitos, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Chaos Legion, Orphen, Radiata Stories (arrange album), Saga Frontier II, Star Ocean, Star Ocean The Second Story, Star Ocean Till the End of Time (Voice Mix Album), Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Legendia, Unlimited Saga and i have also got two anime OST : Ergo Proxy (Opus 1) and Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma (aka Emma: A Victorian Romance).

The other stuff i've got was the knife from Alice Madness Returns (the Vorpal Blade), two small posters of Alice (to go with the knife) and Princess Mononoke, a big laminated poster from the Assassin's Creed movie and four badges from a new french action/rpg game called Shogun no Kamigami (it's still in development, two computer were available if we wanted to play at the first demo but since everyone wanted to test it i didn't get a chance... but i did have the chance, and the pleasure, to talk with the developers  8), i think they wait and do expo like this one to let their game get know before going toward the crowdfunding option to be able to finish it, anyway it's seemed to be pretty fun to play and i really hope they will come back to the next expo in April so i can... maybe... have a chance to play it this time ;D).

mrnikon

« Reply #646 on: December 15, 2016, 09:11:35 pm »
I have somewhat started collecting M.A.S.K. toys. I pulled Bunker Hill out of the garage and ordered some of the missing parts. So now it is only missing the hoses and the figure. Also fixed up the Mini Van (Slingshot) so it would open and close properly. I just need the little bomb and figure to complete it. I don't know why i am going down this path, I hardly have any room for what I got now...

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #647 on: December 15, 2016, 11:42:13 pm »
I have somewhat started collecting M.A.S.K. toys. I pulled Bunker Hill out of the garage and ordered some of the missing parts. So now it is only missing the hoses and the figure. Also fixed up the Mini Van (Slingshot) so it would open and close properly. I just need the little bomb and figure to complete it. I don't know why i am going down this path, I hardly have any room for what I got now...

It's such a badass path to go down!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #648 on: December 17, 2016, 01:33:49 pm »
I bought this modelcar:

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #649 on: December 23, 2016, 04:42:49 pm »
Check out what my co-worker got me for my Secret Santa gift. They know me well.

« Reply #650 on: December 25, 2016, 11:55:22 am »
Christmas was a pile of geeky and Japanesey, so got a few fun goodies.

*EDIT*

Frieza actually turned out to be a pretty great build.  The last model I did was a small Gundam Deathscythe, which wasn't  particularly great, but this one looks real good and poses pretty well.  It sadly doesn't come with a legit stand, but the one that is more used for the energy balls can be used if you tape the stand to the shelf.  Quite happy with it.  I really need to grab the others as this is a good way to get DBZ figures that don't cost 50 bucks and more.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:39:10 pm by kamikazekeeg »

azure

« Reply #651 on: December 26, 2016, 02:12:03 pm »
My non videogame gifts:

If you like DQ, the artbook is amazing, highly recommend it. Also I don't think they could have done a better job with the design of the Parappa plush.

And here's a pic of the SAS King Crimson I also received:

gamesta64

« Reply #652 on: January 17, 2017, 07:53:22 pm »
2 weeks ago i throw out the sports cards not in the bin but i keep all the pop culture cards
i also collect comics as well.

gamesta64

« Reply #653 on: January 17, 2017, 07:59:07 pm »
Check out this beauty of a machine I came across in Goodwill today. Everything works perfectly, and believe it or not, it still had the remote (at Goodwill!). Only $25.

It supports everything I'll ever need - HDMI, component, composite, S-video, RF, and USB. It records (and plays) digitally, to a DVD, or to a VHS. It even has an SD-card slot. Best part: It upscales it all to 1080!

This was a great find. I only went in there to look around because I had no comics in my pull-box at the local comic shop this week.

HOLY S#!% that,s a massive find VHS on HDMI i must find one o those (if you know what i mean)

« Reply #654 on: January 20, 2017, 04:42:56 am »
Got another Figure Rise kit and I'm really digging these.  There's plenty of articulation, few different looks and hands, and while they aren't Figuart quality, I think they are really solid for the price.  I'm actually looking to get more now if I can afford them and since I got this classic duo, my next plan is to get Cell and SS2 Gohan.  There's also SS3 Goku and Buu, but not sure about those.  Was never the biggest fan of SS3 or Buu.  There's also a Vegeta Saiyan Pod one that is more of just a statue, but its awesome, and there's a classic Frieza in his flying pod thing that'll be coming out later this year that I might get, though both of those are much more expensive than the regular model kits, nearly twice as much.

Kinda interested in trying out some detailing on these figures with black washes and such to make the figure pop a little more.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #655 on: January 22, 2017, 12:48:43 am »
This looks like it will be a fun read. Just look at that cover!

Found this for $5 at the used book store.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #656 on: January 22, 2017, 05:05:33 am »
Cover looks great, but that it look the same inside? Ive seen alot of comics that has great art on the front, but inside not so.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #657 on: January 22, 2017, 12:21:11 pm »
Yeah, the "Marvel Graphic Novels" series of the 80s was the high-quality, high-production value stuff that Marvel put out every so often back then, back when Graphic Novels were all-original stories still.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #658 on: January 26, 2017, 10:11:50 pm »
$9.99...just $10 for this gem at the local comic shop today! Holy crap!

The cover is a little loose, but who cares at this price! This will look very nice displayed on top of my graphic novel shelf! (And yes, this is the original, oversized Treasury Edition!)

Flashback2012

« Reply #659 on: January 27, 2017, 02:46:26 am »
$9.99...just $10 for this gem at the local comic shop today! Holy crap!

The cover is a little loose, but who cares at this price! This will look very nice displayed on top of my graphic novel shelf! (And yes, this is the original, oversized Treasury Edition!)

Nice.  :D

I always wanted that comic as a kid but I never realized back then that it was in Treasury format (which is about 4x the size of a normal comic book). I did eventually end up getting in a trade called Crossover Classics which also includes the 2nd Superman/Spider-Man pairing, Batman/Hulk and X-Men/Teen Titans.  :)