Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601330 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10485 on: April 15, 2016, 09:57:57 am »
RANT MODE ENGAGE:

LOL....sorry.  Stuff like that just really bugs me.  Nobody has any manners or courtesy anymore.  They don't give a thought about another person.  Just like the assholes that park so close, you can't even open your door to squeeze in your car.  They have to know they parked that close, but they do it anyway.  They don't give a shit.  So when I finally get into my car, I've been using my time in a productive manner to work up the biggest hocker I can muster.  I then proceed to roll my window down as I back out and plant the giant loogie directly on their window.  It's my way of repaying the courtesy they so graciously showed me.

You should check out youparklikeanasshole.com. I always keep a few of their slips handy for just such occasions. <3

gf78

« Reply #10486 on: April 15, 2016, 10:06:11 am »
RANT MODE ENGAGE:

LOL....sorry.  Stuff like that just really bugs me.  Nobody has any manners or courtesy anymore.  They don't give a thought about another person.  Just like the assholes that park so close, you can't even open your door to squeeze in your car.  They have to know they parked that close, but they do it anyway.  They don't give a shit.  So when I finally get into my car, I've been using my time in a productive manner to work up the biggest hocker I can muster.  I then proceed to roll my window down as I back out and plant the giant loogie directly on their window.  It's my way of repaying the courtesy they so graciously showed me.

You should check out youparklikeanasshole.com. I always keep a few of their slips handy for just such occasions. <3

LOL...I'll check that out when I get home.  Thank you!   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10487 on: April 15, 2016, 11:19:29 am »
After recently buying the 3ds xl and xbone, the only system missing from my collection is the PS vita. and well, likely the NX once we get to that point....

But now i need a bigger shelf for my collection since i ran out of room, and will need to buy a new/bigger HDMI switcher, since i filled the 5 switcher i have now lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10488 on: April 15, 2016, 12:57:53 pm »
Does anyone know if the GOTY edition of Dead Island on XBox 360 came with a physical manual or not? I was just curious because I picked it up from GameStop, and mine doesn't have a manual.

BTW, what the hell does everyone do with their manuals? Why are so many freaking games missing them? I mean, there's a nice little slip in to keep the manual in your case and everything, so it's not like it gets in the way.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10489 on: April 15, 2016, 12:59:20 pm »
RANT MODE ENGAGE:

A similar annoyance is when you have the huge-ass SUV or truck that decides it's needs to park diagonally across 3 spots.

gf78

« Reply #10490 on: April 15, 2016, 01:08:48 pm »
RANT MODE ENGAGE:

A similar annoyance is when you have the huge-ass SUV or truck that decides it's needs to park diagonally across 3 spots.

LOL...yeah, I see those too.  They don't bother me as bad because they aren't parked right up against me.  Going along with the SUV park-jobs, I love the self-important douchebags who think their 'Vette is special enough to take two spots.  There was an egotistical d*ck that worked here that would always park straight in two angled spots at the end of the parking lot.  Since he was a prick, me and some other co-workers started parking in his spot.  He would actually come to work over 45 minutes early to get the spot.  So we had another co-worker who came in a half-hour earlier than us, so he started parking there. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10491 on: April 15, 2016, 01:35:54 pm »
Have I said just how much I love all of y'all?

Except lukewarmsignal, of course?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gf78

« Reply #10492 on: April 15, 2016, 01:48:01 pm »
I am generally a pleasant, friendly, polite person who is very aware of other people's thoughts and feelings.  I never go out of my way to do somebody wrong.  I never have.  But when someone is a complete asshat and cause me aggravation or worse....well, they got it coming. 

Once long, long ago I was dating a young lady who's bisexual friend was quite pissed about our relationship.  One day while we were swimming at the park, I came back to my '83 Camaro and found gouged into the driver's side door with a screwdriver "I suck n**ger dick."  Yep.  I knew it was her and I had even seen her pull into the lot.  Her payback was fun.  I found her vehicle parked at night and proceeded to put acid glass etcher paste all over her windshield, leaving only a small hole to look through.  Yeah, I had to repaint my door but she had to get a new windshield.  Even Steven.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10493 on: April 15, 2016, 01:48:24 pm »
Have I said just how much I love all of y'all?

Except lukewarmsignal, of course?

Thanks man

« Reply #10494 on: April 15, 2016, 01:52:15 pm »
RANT MODE ENGAGE:

LOL...yeah, I see those too.  They don't bother me as bad because they aren't parked right up against me.  Going along with the SUV park-jobs, I love the self-important douchebags who think their 'Vette is special enough to take two spots.  There was an egotistical d*ck that worked here that would always park straight in two angled spots at the end of the parking lot.  Since he was a prick, me and some other co-workers started parking in his spot.  He would actually come to work over 45 minutes early to get the spot.  So we had another co-worker who came in a half-hour earlier than us, so he started parking there.
Normally when folks park like that, I will park my car right up against their car so they can't get in or out of their car.  My wife got mad at me one time I did it when she was in the car.  Our windows are tinted pretty dark, so they couldn't see my wife in the car, but she could see them.  Guy had his wife crawl through the trunk, start the car, and back out of the spot.  I only felt a little bad because he made his wife do it for him, but the guy shouldn't have taken up 2 parking spaces.

Seriously though, if I were cop in one of those situations where they just have to sit somewhere and wait for a call, I'd sit outside of a Walgreens and wait for folks without handicap plates or anything who park in handicap spots because they think they are going to be quick and write tickets all day.

kashell

« Reply #10495 on: April 15, 2016, 02:00:09 pm »
RANT MODE ENGAGE:

My mother used to drive a Ford Expedition. It was the car that I earned most of my driver's education hours, so I can tell you that it's just as capable as taking up one space just like any other car. Sure, it's size can cause some problems (something you'll never hear me say - giggidy) but SUVs don't need more than one space. Their drivers need better training.

rayne315

« Reply #10496 on: April 15, 2016, 02:00:12 pm »
RANT MODE ENGAGE:

OMG I wish I still had the picture... When I was in college some Asshat parked perfectly evenly in 4 parking spaces and it must have pissed people off because their were 2 cars parked in front and in back of this car with only inches clearance so the guy couldn't get out even if he wanted to. on top of that a police officer had noticed it and ticketed the 4 space guy but not the other 2 blocking him in.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10497 on: April 15, 2016, 02:41:13 pm »
Truth

desocietas

« Reply #10498 on: April 15, 2016, 02:49:58 pm »
Does anyone know if the GOTY edition of Dead Island on XBox 360 came with a physical manual or not? I was just curious because I picked it up from GameStop, and mine doesn't have a manual.

BTW, what the hell does everyone do with their manuals? Why are so many freaking games missing them? I mean, there's a nice little slip in to keep the manual in your case and everything, so it's not like it gets in the way.

I miss manuals. Glad that some games still do it, but they're a dying breed.

Also, I don't know what people do with their manuals when they sell them back without them. Either they just forgot or someone else stole it.  Was your copy a "Gamestop 'new'" copy?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:52:11 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #10499 on: April 15, 2016, 02:59:17 pm »
Fellow Canadian VGCollectors, are any of you familiar with videogamesplus.ca and would you recommend it?

This is from over a year ago, but I don't think anyone answered Abe back then.  They've been restocking a few things, and I notice that they mention that they are allowed to "republish" rare games. Does anyone know anything about this?

Are these releasees different at all from the originals? They tweet about items and working with licenses and such, so it seems legit, but also seems odd to me.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas