Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532209 times)

scott

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2012, 05:17:16 pm »
Awesome. Some of the minis from the Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter showed up on my doorstep today. More fuel for the ol' blog. But, I really need to finish those Super Dungeon Explore figs 1st.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2012, 06:17:03 pm »
Happy Holidays! :)

I saw that vid earlier today.  As much as I like a deal, I also dislike being stuck next to a bunch of grabby people who don't really give a damn about tearing apart a display that a low-paid employee had to put together nicely.

Thank goodness for Cyber Monday...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2012, 06:22:29 pm »

Don't know what the sales were at Walmart today, but I would venture to guess that Amazon had them all at about the same price. Stupid people.

jobocan

« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2012, 06:34:44 pm »
Stupid people.

We tend to call those "Americans" in these here parts :P

Okay, seriously, I've been to the last 5 boxing day sales here in Canada and I'm never seen something this bad in any store. In fact everyone is nice and respectful here during those sales... you know, walking in the store, not trying to kill other people, getting in lines as needed... Why is that so hard? I've seen another video today of people literally fighting each other to get a phone... a sucky one too. It's crazy, I have no idea how people even get to this.

And this right the day after you're supposed to celebrate how thankful you are for what you have. Pathetic.

desocietas

« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »
Don't know what the sales were at Walmart today, but I would venture to guess that Amazon had them all at about the same price. Stupid people.

Not really all that interesting for me personally, but I can see why some folks might freak out for the deal (Amazon had some of those same prices, but only as limited lightning deals).  In any case, I never had the sort of parents that would buy me a stack of 5 games for Christmas, anyway, so I can't really imagine being willing to brave those mobs.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2012, 09:31:01 pm »
Okay, seriously, I've been to the last 5 boxing day sales here in Canada and I'm never seen something this bad in any store. In fact everyone is nice and respectful here during those sales... you know, walking in the store, not trying to kill other people, getting in lines as needed... Why is that so hard? I've seen another video today of people literally fighting each other to get a phone... a sucky one too. It's crazy, I have no idea how people even get to this.

And this right the day after you're supposed to celebrate how thankful you are for what you have. Pathetic.
... you're Canadians, being nice is in your genes.

desocietas

« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2012, 03:33:26 am »

It's true... being American, entitlement is in our genes, sadly.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2012, 09:40:55 am »
First off - Thanks again, Desocietas & Pacpix for helping me out by adding those images for me  8)

Secondly - "Dumb/Embarrasing Question" time...
...well...Honestly, I don't really feel *that* dumb or embarrased since I've always been completely honest & up-front about my being *COMPLETELY* un-savvy, un-skilled, pre-historic/in the dark ages, and clueless when it comes to anything at all related to modern tech.

So, if someone could (in a very simple/broken-down, step-by-step, "for dummies") kind of way; explain to me how to submit images here from my gf's computer?

I mean, I've figured out how to do it well enough via my PS3 (which I *still* can't get back on-line with) -but- I'm really just unsure of how to do it w/ the computer...(really), I only use her computer for browsing, e-mails, Google, and forum posting.

To put things in perspective - I've just recently learned how to work the "copy/paste" thing  :-[

So, yeah - any help would be appreciated!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2012, 09:50:08 am »

It's true, haha.

Also, disgaeniac, you can upload images so imgur.com, copy the image URL, and add [img] tags around them.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2012, 10:07:58 am »
^^^^^^

...and then just paste it in the game's "details/description" page?

vancha

« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2012, 03:12:16 pm »

Dear god, am i happy i work in Belgium. I can hardly imagine trying to work there at a time like that

jobocan

« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2012, 03:14:25 pm »
Makes me wonder if any people died in stores during this year's black friday.

pacpix

« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2012, 03:41:05 pm »
@Disgaeniac

1. Save the picture you want to a place you can find it.

2. On the edit screen click choose file.

3. Now navigate to where you saved the file, select the image, and double click the image.

4. Make sure the image uploaded, then your done! :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2012, 03:51:08 pm »
That's *Perfect* for me, Pacpix - thanks again!

scott

« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2012, 01:37:12 pm »
After playing around on the Retrotron: 1984 and having a real 4 way stick to play dk, galaga and frogger with. I think it'll be time to do some upgrades to the SHMUP and swap the current 8 way sticks for switching 4/8 way sticks. Of course, I'll have to get my PC back first.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread