Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600520 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10515 on: April 18, 2016, 11:36:25 am »
My daughter isn't feel well. Puked all over the place already, and it smelled terrible, like bad cheese.
Now she just had diarrhea all over the place.

I'm both wanting to comfort her and completely grossed out by it at the same time, lol.

Ahh....the old "aged parmesan cheese" puke smell.  I remember it well.  I'm glad my girls are old enough now I don't have to go through all that.  I was always the clean-up guy because as soon as my wife smelled puke, she would start heaving. 

Little ones are a mess.  LOL.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10516 on: April 18, 2016, 11:37:04 am »
My daughter isn't feel well. Puked all over the place already, and it smelled terrible, like bad cheese.

I'm both wanting to comfort her and completely grossed out by it at the same time, lol.

...and now my cat puked.

gf78

« Reply #10517 on: April 18, 2016, 11:42:47 am »
So it seems the rumors of XBox One's demise have been exaggerated? Because now the rumor is that Microsoft is wanting to play catch-up with PS4's PS4K console release, and release something of their own. Saw IGN's latest podcast where they were speculating on what exactly this is going to be for Microsoft.

I'm both relieved, and worried. Relieved that my XBox One isn't already over this generation (like my Wii U mostly is), but at the same time, I hope I don't HAVE TO upgrade to get the latest games. I know I won't be getting a 4K T.V. for a long time with a new daughter and new house we just bought and my wife is talking about upgrades on.

If Sony, Microsoft or both make a new console that plays games at different quality, they are both done.  If they release a new version that has the ability to play 4K on top of working as the PS4 and Xbox One always do, that's fine.  It's a feature for those who want it but has no negative impact on everyone who has already bought a system.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10518 on: April 18, 2016, 11:43:30 am »
So it seems the rumors of XBox One's demise have been exaggerated? Because now the rumor is that Microsoft is wanting to play catch-up with PS4's PS4K console release, and release something of their own. Saw IGN's latest podcast where they were speculating on what exactly this is going to be for Microsoft.

I'm both relieved, and worried. Relieved that my XBox One isn't already over this generation (like my Wii U mostly is), but at the same time, I hope I don't HAVE TO upgrade to get the latest games. I know I won't be getting a 4K T.V. for a long time with a new daughter and new house we just bought and my wife is talking about upgrades on.

I am the same way, I am far off from ever owning a 4K tv. mostly cause it doesnt really interest me. I just hope they dont make 4K games that the "old" ps4s and xbones cant play. that will piss me off
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10519 on: April 18, 2016, 11:46:18 am »
I'm going to New York City this week. I might be stopping at the Nintendo NY store. Let me know if you need anything.  :D
See you there.

Badges

gf78

« Reply #10520 on: April 18, 2016, 11:52:26 am »

...and now my cat puked.

LOL.  Did the kitty puke on something?  Like the couch or the bed?  My cat usually tries to do that shit on my pillow.  Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night with a cat heaving right by your face.  Boo then becomes "Super Kiteh" as she flies across the room, leaping tall beds and dressers in a single bound. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10521 on: April 18, 2016, 11:53:38 am »

...and now my cat puked.

LOL.  Did the kitty puke on something?  Like the couch or the bed?  My cat usually tries to do that shit on my pillow.  Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night with a cat heaving right by your face.  Boo then becomes "Super Kiteh" as she flies across the room, leaping tall beds and dressers in a single bound.

Yeah, that's about right. It's usually the leather couch or the $100 throw rug in the living room, lol. But this time, it was actually on the hardwood floor, so easy clean-up. Still gross, though.

gf78

« Reply #10522 on: April 18, 2016, 11:57:51 am »
Yeah, that's about right. It's usually the leather couch or the $100 throw rug in the living room, lol. But this time, it was actually on the hardwood floor, so easy clean-up. Still gross, though.

LOL...you did good then.  Cats & dogs seem to be drawn to carpeted/upholstered/fabric areas whenever they have to puke or poo. 

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10523 on: April 18, 2016, 12:01:38 pm »

...and now my cat puked.
Sounds like a stomach virus. Give her powerade to replace electrolytes and minerals she's losing. Water can't replace those.

Badges

kashell

« Reply #10524 on: April 18, 2016, 12:36:25 pm »
Cats & dogs seem to be drawn to carpeted/upholstered/fabric areas whenever they have to puke or poo.

I hate how accurate this statement is. I love our cat and dog but...there are times I think to myself that they would be better off being sent to another country and made into a delicacy.

And this is coming from a former volunteer of the Humane Society.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10525 on: April 18, 2016, 01:26:29 pm »
Yipp-ki-yay VGC motherfuckers!

Banner Saga 2!

Releasing this month for pc and July for PS4 and xbone.

Can't wait!

Anyone heard about and/or know how this PS4 and xbone connectivity for online players that MS' mentioned is going to work?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #10526 on: April 18, 2016, 01:53:00 pm »
Just got off the phone with the insurance company, I get to keep the car and they are cutting me a $2.5k check for the difference.  Will definitely cover my deductible for the house and any repairs for the car.

So basically I'll come out even, with a greatly devalued vehicle, I wonder how that'll affect my insurance premiums.

gf78

« Reply #10527 on: April 18, 2016, 01:56:50 pm »
Just got off the phone with the insurance company, I get to keep the car and they are cutting me a $2.5k check for the difference.  Will definitely cover my deductible for the house and any repairs for the car.

So basically I'll come out even, with a greatly devalued vehicle, I wonder how that'll affect my insurance premiums.

Under normal circumstances, your car being older and/or worth less means your insurance premiums would be lower.  However, since the insurance company has to pay out on your claim, get ready to take it straight up the ass without lube as they slowly raise your premiums to cover every single cent they had to pay you.

« Reply #10528 on: April 18, 2016, 02:08:56 pm »

Under normal circumstances, your car being older and/or worth less means your insurance premiums would be lower.  However, since the insurance company has to pay out on your claim, get ready to take it straight up the ass without lube as they slowly raise your premiums to cover every single cent they had to pay you.
Maybe, I had a hit and run with an 18 wheeler, and generally since you can't force the other guy's insurance to pay for their fault, given that they ran away, they kind of treat it like it's your fault, but I don't think my rates went up.

gf78

« Reply #10529 on: April 18, 2016, 02:19:14 pm »

Maybe, I had a hit and run with an 18 wheeler, and generally since you can't force the other guy's insurance to pay for their fault, given that they ran away, they kind of treat it like it's your fault, but I don't think my rates went up.

You have a decent insurance company then.  I've recently switched so we will see how it goes.