Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532537 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1200 on: November 27, 2013, 08:57:53 am »

It looks like they are distributing it to me. If you go up a few directories, you will see their sales page with their sales representative contact info as well. This page is for retailers interested in carrying their products. http://www.atlus.com/sales/

It lists several Disgaea games.

The corner of the sales sheet for Disgaea D2 says "distributed exclusively by Atlus," so it sounds legit to me.

Also, this page is a gold mine for cover art for current Atlus games!

Yes it is!

Also, clicking on GFP, it still looks like Atlus is just dealing w/ art & visual images types of content/assets...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1201 on: November 28, 2013, 08:53:25 am »
HAPPY TURKEY DAY!;
turkeys  :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1202 on: November 29, 2013, 01:46:56 am »
Damn, I'm so PO'ed right now.  >:(

I went to Barnes and Nobles a couple weeks back to pre-order the new Stephanie Plum novel for my wife for a Christmas present. I go to help desk and bring a copy of a book in the series and everything to make it easier. I ask, "I would like to pre-order the upcoming book in this series." The lady pulls it up, and tells me it's done. I start to take out my debit card, and she tells me that I don't pay for it now. I tell her, "I would rather pay for it now, I have the money now." She says, "You can't do that because the book isn't out yet, we're not allowed to sell it yet." So I say okay.

A week later, I get a call and I'm told it's in. So I go to pick it up. It's a paperback. So I say to the lady, "Is this supposed to be in paperback?" She says yeah. So I say, "When they're brand-new they're usually hard-cover." She says, not this time.

So the reason I tell you all this is because I just found out that I ordered the last one, that's already been out, not the upcoming one.

So then not only did the initial customer service person order the wrong book, but I also COULD HAVE pre-paid for it, because the book actually was out. And when I mentioned the paperback vs. hardcover thing, you'd think that might have clued her in too. But no.

Now I have the wrong book that my wife likely already has. And I STILL have to order the upcoming one. What a waste of time and money.  >:(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:51:29 am by burningdoom »

desocietas

« Reply #1203 on: November 29, 2013, 02:56:27 am »
Ugh... so lame.  It seems like it'd just take a second for someone to look over what they'd just done to make sure they did it correctly.  What's also weird is that they took a week to call you to pick up something that was released a while ago.  I'm wondering if she placed a preorder for a re-release edition (paperback) of a previously published book in the series and maybe was confused by the release date in the computer and assumed she placed the order for the one you wanted.

But yah, the question you had when you picked up the book would seem strange for sure.  Maybe they didn't know what you were referring to.

Hopefully you can return the book and get the one you were hoping for!  How is B&N's return policy?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #1204 on: November 29, 2013, 09:13:41 am »
Uhhhhh. I ran out of propane last night! Coldest night of my life. Luckily the propane company was open this morning and are sending a guy over right away.

And now I have a $400 bill I wasn't expecting. Fuuu
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1205 on: November 29, 2013, 01:40:15 pm »
Ugh... so lame.  It seems like it'd just take a second for someone to look over what they'd just done to make sure they did it correctly.  What's also weird is that they took a week to call you to pick up something that was released a while ago.  I'm wondering if she placed a preorder for a re-release edition (paperback) of a previously published book in the series and maybe was confused by the release date in the computer and assumed she placed the order for the one you wanted.

But yah, the question you had when you picked up the book would seem strange for sure.  Maybe they didn't know what you were referring to.

Hopefully you can return the book and get the one you were hoping for!  How is B&N's return policy?

Yeah, I looked it up, you have to have the receipt, which I stupidly threw away because it was a gift that I knew she wanted it (if it was the right title).

desocietas

« Reply #1206 on: November 29, 2013, 06:35:30 pm »
Yeah, I looked it up, you have to have the receipt, which I stupidly threw away because it was a gift that I knew she wanted it (if it was the right title).

Aw, that sucks :(
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1207 on: November 29, 2013, 07:10:24 pm »
@ desocietas . I just noticed your signature thing under your avatar. It made me chuckle. Who would have thought that about anyone here? 

desocietas

« Reply #1208 on: November 29, 2013, 07:14:49 pm »
@ desocietas . I just noticed your signature thing under your avatar. It made me chuckle. Who would have thought that about anyone here?

Haha, you never know.  I could be a total poseur.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1209 on: November 30, 2013, 07:10:38 am »

Haha, you never know.  I could be a total poseur.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1210 on: December 02, 2013, 11:49:56 am »
My (very great lack of) faith in humanity has, sadly, been renewed and (re)confirmed;  :'(

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/man-shot-dead-trying-to-sell-ps4/1100-6416497/

Are you FUCKING kidding me, people?!

Seriously...just...

...what...

...the...

...fuck...

...is *wrong* with some people?

I dunno - I didn't know any of the people involved here -but- this kind of shit just really makes me sad (and *Angry*).

Again... :'(

soera

« Reply #1211 on: December 02, 2013, 12:10:16 pm »
Its fucking morons like this who give gamers a bad name. The idiot who did this is going to get caught and get life in prison for a game system thats going to be like every other system ever released : on the shelves of every store and pawn shop by this time next year.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1212 on: December 02, 2013, 12:25:49 pm »
Its fucking morons like this who give gamers a bad name. The idiot who did this is going to get caught and get life in prison for a game system thats going to be like every other system ever released : on the shelves of every store and pawn shop by this time next year.

Exactly.

And, trust me...if it ever becomes common knowledge inside of said prison that he's in there for killing someone over some bits of plastic & wiring...he'll be the source of (at least) much ridicule -and- (more likely)...even worse  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #1213 on: December 02, 2013, 01:44:18 pm »
Ugh, yeah, I've been keeping an eye on the story since it's local news here, but it's interesting that the local news website doesn't mention the following:
- the specific type of game console (they only say "game console")
- the part about his girlfriend being in the car

If anything, the local news does mention that the website used to arrange the meeting was not Craigslist.

...Totally unnecessary loss of life; my thoughts are with the man's family and girlfriend.  The robber was and will forever be a coward, and I hope they catch him.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #1214 on: December 02, 2013, 02:00:01 pm »
They will catch him. He had to contact the guy somehow and set up a meeting. That is traceable. Im sure if someone is stupid enough to kill someone for a game system, they are not brilliant enough to cover any of their tracks.