Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1598514 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12480 on: December 23, 2016, 10:40:34 am »
ah yes that majical time of the year when everyone dumps their Christmas vacation time and I don't have any vacation left to use... im sitting in a building that usually holds around 800+ employees and a factory that pushes that number over 2000 people... and there are probably 10-20 other people here...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #12481 on: December 23, 2016, 12:09:55 pm »
Pro Tip: Never get the brilliant idea to seek out your old Live Journal from years ago and re-read old entries. Otherwise, you might end up hating yourself.

Been there, lol. Sometimes it's fun and cringy good time, going back to meet your 14 year old self. Angst, nihilism, stupidity and obvious Trent Reznor worship float about somewhere on the LiveJournal servers with my name attached to it.  :-X

You had it when you were 14? Oh man, I bet there is some gold in those posts.

I didn't even sign up for LJ until I was 18. Even those posts from my final days as a teen and early 20s were just awful.

EDIT: I returned P3P and picked up Persona 3 FES. It'll be a minute before I play it, though. ^.^()

Yeah I've been posting nonsense to the web since my early teens. Mostly beginning with my old Gamespot account and Live Journal. I actually deleted my own MySpace long before they killed off everyone's old custom pages so at least that much is gone. I think that stuff is worth keeping around for a good laugh occasionally.

abe

« Reply #12482 on: December 23, 2016, 02:13:48 pm »
Anyone know what happened to Disgaeniac/Kenny? Haven't heard from him or seen him on PSN for months, which seems unusual. :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

rayne315

« Reply #12483 on: December 23, 2016, 03:00:27 pm »
Anyone know what happened to Disgaeniac/Kenny? Haven't heard from him or seen him on PSN for months, which seems unusual. :-\

was last active on the forums back in july...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #12484 on: December 23, 2016, 03:02:49 pm »
@Abe and...I guess the rest of the VG Collect community.

I wanted to wait until after the holidays to post this, but I found out yesterday that Kenny passed away over the summer. Basically, I saw a weird Facebook post on his timeline that said "Kenny Mowbray 10/25/1970 - 7/24/2016." I PM'd one of his FB friends and asked about everything and she confirmed later that afternoon that he is no longer with us.

I was just speechless when what I feared ended up being true. I didn't want to pry for details about "how" or "why."

If not for Kenny, I would have never joined this forum. This community. Hell, even before VG Collect, Kenny was a solid friend. We clicked instantly. His personality, wit, charisma and sense of humor were so magnetic.

The last time I talked to him was just days before his passing. He told me he was going through some stuff and I asked if there was anything I could do. His response was simply, "Just keep being a good friend to me."

I feel like I have more to say about him but I'm still kind of drained from everything. I'm really going to miss him.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:25:02 am by kashell »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12485 on: December 23, 2016, 03:28:48 pm »
Wow, that sucks. I'll be keeping his friends and family in my prayers.

davifus

« Reply #12486 on: December 23, 2016, 03:36:58 pm »
Ffffff...

I feel sick
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #12487 on: December 23, 2016, 03:39:13 pm »
Yeah this has been tough on me. I have spent countless hours talking to Kenny whether on here, phone, or on PSN. We were actually planning a vacation together next summer. I am going to miss my homie.  :'(

azure

« Reply #12488 on: December 23, 2016, 03:40:27 pm »
I only became active on the forum here recently, but that's heavy man. My condolences to the family, and fellow VGC users who were close to the user.

abe

« Reply #12489 on: December 23, 2016, 03:41:28 pm »
@Abe and...I guess the rest of the VG Collect community.

I wanted to wait until after the holidays to post this, but I found out yesterday that Kenny passed away over the summer. Basically, I saw a weird Facebook post on his timeline that said "Kenny Mowbray 10/25/1970 - 7/24/2016." I PM'd one of his FB friends and asked about everything and she confirmed later that afternoon that he is no longer with us.

I was just speechless when what I feared what ended up being true. I didn't want to pry for details about "how" or "why."

If not for Kenny, I would have never joined this forum. This community. Hell, even before VG Collect, Kenny was a solid friend. We clicked instantly. His personality, wit, charisma and sense of humor were so magnetic.

The last time I talked to him was just days before his passing. He told me he was going through some stuff and I asked if there was anything I could do. His response was simply, "Just keep being a good friend to me."

I feel like I have more to say about him but I'm still kind of drained from everything. I'm really going to miss him.

Wow. I'm not really sure what to say. With how long it's been since I talked to him, I was afraid for the worst and it seems to be the case. He was one of the few people on my PSN friends list that took the time to message me for something as simple as "how's your day?" or "how have you been?" or "how's that new game you're playing?", so his absence was pretty noticeable. He was easily the nicest guy I've ever met online, and nicer that a great deal of people I've met in-person. It sucks to know that I'll never see a "Kenny Mowbray is now online" notification again.

Rest in peace buddy.

Thanks Kash for the info.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Warmsignal

« Reply #12490 on: December 23, 2016, 05:17:29 pm »
Sad news. I feel bad that he and I had gotten into a bit of a disagreement here on the forums several years ago, and it never ended on friendly terms. :(

In life we can be so petty, while tomorrow is a promise to no one. :'(

RIP Kenny.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12491 on: December 23, 2016, 05:53:50 pm »
God thats so sad. I remember chatting with Kenny on here and doing a few trades with him. He was a great guy. Thanks for letting us know and being the bearer of bad news Kash. RIP to a great guy and friend.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12492 on: December 23, 2016, 07:47:25 pm »
It sucks. Kenny helped me through some real shit right at 2 years ago. He was a good dude and a real friend. I owe him a debt that I'll never be able to repay. He helped me be a better person and a better father.

If anyone ever says internet friends aren't real friends, slap the taste out of their mouth.

I love this place and I love every one of you "faceless" friends.

telly

« Reply #12493 on: December 23, 2016, 09:06:46 pm »
This is really sad to hear  :-\ I hope his family is doing alright, and I'll be keeping them and all of you guys in my thoughts. This really is unfortunate news, I hope everyone is doing okay. :(

Rest in peace, man
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #12494 on: December 23, 2016, 10:23:03 pm »
wow... I'm just speechless. Like others have said, Kenny was always so friendly and would send me little messages here and on PSN asking about games I'm playing and whatnot. He genuinely loved to make connections with people, and I'm in disbelief that he's gone.

I hope he's at peace and will miss seeing him around here. He was around almost as long as I have been and was a very active member of the site and forum.  :'( :'( :'(

Thanks for letting us know, Kashell. Folks come and go around here, but you always hope that they're at least happy and healthy whether they're active in the forums or not.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas