Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517428 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1260 on: December 13, 2013, 12:31:32 am »
Does anyone know how much does an average Sega CD game weigh?

Snatcher and Popful Mail, in particular. I don't have a scale. >_>

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1261 on: December 13, 2013, 12:39:26 am »
Does anyone know how much does an average Sega CD game weigh?

Snatcher and Popful Mail, in particular. I don't have a scale. >_>

Sorry, can't help you there.

Can't wait for the new Tales game even though I'll have symphonia HD and Xillia 2 to go through.
 ;D

Only "Tales Of..." game I enjoyed was Tales Of Destiny.  After that, they just added the next games with a massive combo/overkill fighting system.  The cooking and Titles system were an unnecessary addition.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

desocietas

« Reply #1262 on: December 13, 2013, 12:00:43 pm »
Only "Tales Of..." game I enjoyed was Tales Of Destiny.  After that, they just added the next games with a massive combo/overkill fighting system.  The cooking and Titles system were an unnecessary addition.

Aw, sometimes people like titles and cooking.  I spent more hours than I'd care to admit cooking up all sorts of random things in Star Ocean: Second Story and Dragon Quest XII VIII.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:43:16 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #1263 on: December 13, 2013, 02:57:42 pm »

Aw, sometimes people like titles and cooking.  I spent more hours than I'd care to admit cooking up all sorts of random things in Star Ocean: Second Story and Dragon Quest XII.

Dragon Quest XII? You living in the future girl!!!!!!!

desocietas

« Reply #1264 on: December 13, 2013, 03:42:39 pm »

Aw, sometimes people like titles and cooking.  I spent more hours than I'd care to admit cooking up all sorts of random things in Star Ocean: Second Story and Dragon Quest XII.

Dragon Quest XII? You living in the future girl!!!!!!!

Haha, my bad.  VIII.  I can't keep track of these damn franchises.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #1265 on: December 14, 2013, 11:02:51 am »
Oh shit. My Dad just gave me an old Windows XP PC and the components are small enough to fit into my Centipede mini-bartop that I've been working on for 3-4 years. This project just got a huge shot of steroids!

Oh and here's a link to the build page if anyone is interested: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,97890.0.html
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:19:43 am by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1266 on: December 15, 2013, 12:20:36 am »
Awesome project, scott!  Will you allow us to come over and play once the project is done? ;D

Aw, sometimes people like titles and cooking.  I spent more hours than I'd care to admit cooking up all sorts of random things in Star Ocean: Second Story and Dragon Quest XII VIII.

I have to agree with you on Star Ocean...  It was awesome getting ingredients, spending Skill Points on Cooking, and updating each character's Status with their Favorite Food.

"Oh, Barney!"

Please check out the games I have for sale.

foxhack

« Reply #1267 on: December 18, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »
Well, a Christmas miracle has occurred.

MOBYGAMES IS BACK!

http://www.mobygames.com/forums/dga,2/dgb,4/dgm,182686/

Way way back in the day I used to be a staffer there, and it's where I learned most of the game information research tricks I use while correcting information and adding entries here. I added lots of game entries and fleshed out information for years until I got sick of the admins not fixing up long standing bugs or adding features that we needed as games changed during the years. I quit in protest after the site was sold to GameFly and things became much worse after the redesign, so much so that the site lost most of its approvers and contributors.

But it looks like a private investor who actually cares about game history has stepped up and bought it from GameFly's clutches. The site is now working as it should be - for the most part - which means all the problems we had are gone. For now.

And no, this doesn't mean I'm quitting my moderator job at VGCollect... but depending on how things go, I might help out there once in a while too.

pacpix

« Reply #1268 on: December 18, 2013, 10:12:16 pm »
Glad to see MobyGames is back.  I just used their site a few days ago and I preferred the old design a lot more.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1270 on: December 19, 2013, 12:07:16 pm »
Sorry I've been absent, I've been busy writing for Nintendo Life! I've got four pieces up there so far, with at least two more on the way :D

(From oldest to newest) -
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/feature_why_i_love_import_gaming
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/matters_of_import_shining_force_feather
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/segas_japanese_christmas_present_for_3ds_owners_is_puyo_puyo_tsuu
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/video_watch_the_chickens_come_home_to_roost_in_the_new_3ds_harvest_moon

Really enjoying myself - hope you enjoy my posts!

Only read the 1st link so far -but- CONGRATULATIONS are certainly in order & Nice work!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #1271 on: December 19, 2013, 12:12:40 pm »
Sorry I've been absent, I've been busy writing for Nintendo Life! I've got four pieces up there so far, with at least two more on the way :D

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/video_watch_the_chickens_come_home_to_roost_in_the_new_3ds_harvest_moon

Really enjoying myself - hope you enjoy my posts!

:o  omg the quick-crop-picking!  I'm still working on Hometown Story, but that video really made me want to go back to the recent Harvest Moon games that I haven't given much time to.  Congrats!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1272 on: December 19, 2013, 12:58:29 pm »
Thank you very much! :D

bobster

« Reply #1273 on: December 19, 2013, 01:08:09 pm »
I enjoyed those articles quite a bit! You make me want to play shining force feather :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

htimreimer

« Reply #1274 on: December 19, 2013, 06:03:13 pm »
greetings from my table