Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597597 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14280 on: April 10, 2018, 06:25:29 pm »
Time to file with eBay, they generally side with the buyer, so he'll get burned. Don't feel bad about it, he was shady as shit.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14281 on: April 10, 2018, 07:09:43 pm »
He's telling me that I'm trying to exaggerate it with the way I took my photos and he's going to use it as proof against me for buyers remorse and will refuse the return.

Now I'm just angry.

desocietas

« Reply #14282 on: April 10, 2018, 07:18:53 pm »
He's telling me that I'm trying to exaggerate it with the way I took my photos and he's going to use it as proof against me for buyers remorse and will refuse the return.

Now I'm just angry.

Ugh, I hate dealing with sellers in bad disputes. I had one seller who kept sending me messages claiming that I was keeping her children from being fed because I filed a dispute after claiming I never received the item I purchased.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14283 on: April 10, 2018, 07:27:36 pm »
And how does angles or lighting magically add scratches? They don't! But they certainly can hide them!

sworddude

« Reply #14284 on: April 11, 2018, 04:40:45 am »
if the seller in this case plays his cards right there is pretty much nothing you can do as the buyer. Not to mention This guys seems pretty proffesional look at his feedback probably not many have won in cases such as this and seeing his description I'm pretty sure It's not the first time.

Paypal is great if you really get scammed a fake item broken Lost in postage etc but when the item has arrived in the correct or even slightly offcondition It's hard. There is no real advantage in this case It's fair game for both parties as far as paypal goes.

As far as angles go I'm pretty sure that scratches could have only been seen with a close up with the whole system you would barely notice it aside that it is mentioned in the description and that this is a used good condition item wich fits the bill for this item. Only with a flash besides He did give plenty of pics while the system is on wich is important to most who just buy it for usage. The former owner probably put it allot in his pocket aside from using it allot scratches are bound to happen that way.

if you buy a used system in just good condition not to mention with a description like that one with flaws you could have expected it to cosmetically not look to pretty i would recommend asking allot of questions or very good upwards condition listings as far as future purchases go.

Best of luck though I see low chances of succes but It's not impossible.

I would recommend getting a few pictures for the scratches instead of only using this one if you haven't already done so. A flash always makes the damage look allot worse than it actually is just saying.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:12:22 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14285 on: April 11, 2018, 11:11:14 am »

Now I'm just angry.

If he sells a bunch, that feedback is important.  Hit that negative and open a case.  Not as Described

sworddude

« Reply #14286 on: April 11, 2018, 11:17:11 am »

Now I'm just angry.

If he sells a bunch, that feedback is important.  Hit that negative and open a case.  Not as Described

Bigger sellers compared to smaller ones have a certain barrier that prevent immidiate negative feedback if i'm not mistaken I'm not to sure if it's that easy. Not to mention if the case is lost you can't even leave feedback or it can be removed afterwards I'm pretty sure of that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:22:48 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14287 on: April 11, 2018, 12:41:33 pm »

Now I'm just angry.

I already opened a return, I have to wait until the 14th before eBay can get involved.

I totally plan on negative feedbacking his shady ass, but since he's a power seller, I have to wait 7 days before I can.

I don't understand how he's saying I'm scamming him, anyways. I'm the one that would be paying out money by having to pay return shipping, not him. I'd be one shitty scam artist if that's my deal.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14288 on: April 11, 2018, 12:43:15 pm »
Am I the only one that got personal messages from the Donald Stafford guy about his weird auction thing?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14289 on: April 11, 2018, 02:04:53 pm »
Am I the only one that got personal messages from the Donald Stafford guy about his weird auction thing?

I didn't, but that whole thing was really weird.  Makes my butthole itch.

rayne315

« Reply #14290 on: April 11, 2018, 03:23:08 pm »

yeah my scam-o-meter is off the charts on that one.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #14291 on: April 11, 2018, 04:57:21 pm »

yeah my scam-o-meter is off the charts on that one.

His auction threads were locked since he wasn't following marketplace rules, but if any issues arise in DMs, feel free to let one of the admin know. Thanks!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #14292 on: April 11, 2018, 09:00:24 pm »
Hrmm, I never even saw the threads. Ni no Kuni II been running my life! :) About to hit 100 hours.

desocietas

« Reply #14293 on: April 12, 2018, 02:31:01 am »
Hrmm, I never even saw the threads. Ni no Kuni II been running my life! :) About to hit 100 hours.

That happened to me with Monster Hunter World! Totally understandable :D
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14294 on: April 13, 2018, 06:14:31 pm »
Today is the last day that shady seller (about the scratched PSP) could respond to me before bringing eBay into it.

But the item has simply vanished from my purchase history! There's no email concerning it. And there's nothing in my PayPal account!

What kind of voodoo is this?!