Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1632654 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2012, 10:24:02 am »
The $1999 is the buy it now price. Which, honestly, is the price I think the game would actually list for in normal circumstances. While I know people dont like sealed/VGA games, Ive considered making my whole DW collection sealed but its the price for DW III and IV (NES ones) that are killing my chances of doing it. If I had a decent amount of disposable income, I would be picking that one up though.

1).  Put on X-Mas list!

2).  Hand to wife w/ pleading/"puppy-dog eyes".

3).  Post pics!

*EDIT*

- answering my own question from before...I'd bet that they bought it for < $1,000.00
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:25:33 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2012, 10:42:34 am »
Heh there is definitely other stuff Id rather buy for 2 grand than a sealed copy of a game I already own. But ... if we had the money, the wife would buy it for me. :) I bet they bought it for a normal price (a lot of people dont realize that sealed games are worth more than non sealed).

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2012, 10:46:05 am »
Heh there is definitely other stuff Id rather buy for 2 grand than a sealed copy of a game I already own. But ... if we had the money, the wife would buy it for me. :) I bet they bought it for a normal price (a lot of people dont realize that sealed games are worth more than non sealed).

Yeah, but, I think, that a person who would have gotten it graded - would (prolly) be a person w/ a good idea of what it was worth...unless the Store sent it out to be graded.

soera

« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2012, 11:54:45 am »
Thats my guess is the store actually got it graded. I would love to see it in person ... Can you mail it to me so I can hold it? :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2012, 12:04:57 pm »
Thats my guess is the store actually got it graded. I would love to see it in person ... Can you mail it to me so I can hold it? :)

Sure.

"The ____'s in the mail", and, "I won't"...
:P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2012, 04:28:00 pm »
Sweet!

Turns out that new member redblaze57 lives in the same county & state that I do (although, probably still about 1/2 hour from me).

Nice to no longer be the only one repping' N.J. up in here :P

darko

« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2012, 07:09:01 pm »
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:11:43 pm by darko »

foxhack

« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2012, 08:40:45 pm »
I went to the mall yesterday to drop off some packages to a friend. While I was waiting, I wandered into the arcade a bit and saw this guy playing The King of Fighters XIII with my favorite characters - the Art of Fighting team. So I figured I'd play against him to pass the time.

I picked the same characters - again, these are my favorites - and held my ground. He was cocky, trying to show off. In the end he had to resort to some ridiculously cheap combos to beat me, especially since I tend to play the waiting game. He was trying to rattle me by talking to a friend between rounds, saying stuff about the game. Me? I didn't even look at the guy. I knew I was going to lose - I just had to hold my ground.

By round five he was kicking my ass with the huge combos but I still managed to knock him down to half health. When I lost, he kinda bragged, but I only looked at him and said this:

"This was only my second time playing the game."

He and the other kid stared at me for a second. I left.

Kids these days... I've been using Ryo and Robert since 1992. Probably before they were even born... I haven't played KOF against other people in several years and my hands aren't as fast as they used to, but I think I did okay.

desocietas

« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2012, 09:04:43 pm »
I went to the mall yesterday to drop off some packages to a friend. While I was waiting, I wandered into the arcade a bit and saw this guy playing The King of Fighters XIII with my favorite characters - the Art of Fighting team. So I figured I'd play against him to pass the time.

I picked the same characters - again, these are my favorites - and held my ground. He was cocky, trying to show off. In the end he had to resort to some ridiculously cheap combos to beat me, especially since I tend to play the waiting game. He was trying to rattle me by talking to a friend between rounds, saying stuff about the game. Me? I didn't even look at the guy. I knew I was going to lose - I just had to hold my ground.

By round five he was kicking my ass with the huge combos but I still managed to knock him down to half health. When I lost, he kinda bragged, but I only looked at him and said this:

"This was only my second time playing the game."

He and the other kid stared at me for a second. I left.

Kids these days... I've been using Ryo and Robert since 1992. Probably before they were even born... I haven't played KOF against other people in several years and my hands aren't as fast as they used to, but I think I did okay.

Haha, nice comeback.  I was playing a MMO game online for the second time last night with a friend and a bunch of strangers, and they all started making inappropriate comments about how poorly I was playing (I'm not going to bother repeating them as they were idiotically harsh) despite me not having said anything to them.  I wasn't playing that well, yeah, but everyone's gotta learn somehow.

It's a just a game, folks - no need to talk big especially when you don't know who I am, how old/experienced I am, or anything else about me.  Gamers giving gamers a bad rep, y'know?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2012, 07:43:41 pm »
This would take a lot of beads.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/pXnd4BIVYnU?feature=player_detailpage

Just watched this and their Making Of video. That's super awesome, and impressive!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2012, 10:24:59 pm »
This would take a lot of beads.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/pXnd4BIVYnU?feature=player_detailpage

Just watched this and their Making Of video. That's super awesome, and impressive!
This is amazing work!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2012, 09:49:49 am »
Did anyone here get/play Far Cry 3 yet?

It's not even my favorite kind of game...but...from what I've been seeing & hearing - it sounds pretty amazing?!

Personally, I'm in the "Sea" (or maybe "Ocean") Palace in Chrono Trigger...how far am I into the game now?

I'm just trying to figure out how long it will take to finish up -and then- I'm (99.9%) decided to start playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown next (Also, not my genre of choice) -but- it sounds like a lot of fun, and several of my friends that are playing it have told me that it's "turn-based-enough" to be pretty one-handed friendly/do-able.

So, anyone have any personal experience playing any of these?

Thanks-

ko1ru

« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2012, 05:27:16 pm »

soera

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2012, 05:31:49 pm »
I watched that video ... the imagination of some people is amazing. The ability to take that imagination and then make it a reality with beads is insane!

ko1ru

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2012, 05:58:42 pm »
Well, like Darko said, just imagine how many beads it took to make this...!   :o