Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1645545 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16485 on: August 12, 2024, 12:29:26 am »
How y’all doing?  Just saying what’s up to you fine folks.

A few months late replying to this, but overall pretty good. Work is a bit crap at the moment, mostly because I work in the tech industry and its been anyones guess as to when our company is going to start laying people off. So far no one has been let go, but between a hiring freeze and our company budget being the thinest it's ever been in the 12-years, I'm not considering myself safe by any means. Everyone is definitely on edge about it, but I'm still hopeful that we won't experience any layoffs or if we do I'll be spared.

Gaming wise, I'm doing about the same. I barely buy games anymore and I just started playing more games thanks to a summer of studying for another tech cert. I still need to take the cert test, but I felt like I needed to play something so I've been playing mostly shorter games like I typically do. Once I get my cert, I'm hoping to have at least 4 or 5 years before I have to worry about certs again and can devote a lot more time to playing games like I used to.

I'm also trying really hard to make more youtube videos again, but Youtube isn't doing the best job of making me stay motivated to do this. In short, they're a shit platform that steam roles over anything that isn't clickbait, trendy, or leans of shorts to get views. I would openly celebrate if one other video streaming platform emerged as being a viable competitor to Youtube. As is, sites like Bitchute aren't even a flea in comparison to the monster that is Youtube. I freakin hate it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 12:31:36 am by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #16486 on: August 26, 2024, 06:25:48 pm »
Saw that Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom is coming out next month and it bums me out that I can't be excited for a Zelda game all because of an art style and gameplay choice.  Maybe next month I'll take the opportunity to go back and replay something on NSO like Ocarina or something.  Would have been nice of Nintendo to put back out Twilight Princess HD, been eager to replay that.

dhaabi

« Reply #16487 on: September 10, 2024, 11:44:40 am »
Sony's presentation today revealed the PlayStation 5 Pro at the low, affordable price of $699.99 USD. If you want the capability to play discs, you'll have to pay an extra $79.99 for a detachable disc drive.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16488 on: September 10, 2024, 12:59:44 pm »
Meanwhile as far as exclusives you have you have astro bot, Stellar Blade(for now) and... Ummmm... Oh yeah Conc-oh wait....

I don't want to say just get a new PC at this point... Sony and Microsoft are just making it hard not to...

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16489 on: September 10, 2024, 06:42:39 pm »
Sony's presentation today revealed the PlayStation 5 Pro at the low, affordable price of $699.99 USD. If you want the capability to play discs, you'll have to pay an extra $79.99 for a detachable disc drive.

I’ve been holding out buying a ps5 for the pro version.
I need someone to explain to me like a child, why I should get the pro and not the slim.

« Reply #16490 on: September 10, 2024, 07:01:33 pm »

I’ve been holding out buying a ps5 for the pro version.
I need someone to explain to me like a child, why I should get the pro and not the slim.

With how I see it, I think it only depends on whether you have a 4k tv setup or not.  If you don't, and don't plan to anytime soon, you'll basically get all you need using performance modes while playing the Slim.  If you want to take advantage of your nicer setup and also have good performance, the Pro would be better...300 bucks better? Eh, probably not, but maybe wait for a price drop.  I don't see how this works in their favor without something seeing a price drop by next year.