Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600030 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1845 on: March 14, 2014, 10:31:56 am »
Truth!

I actually know someone who bought a Wii U to play Earthbound, wish I could have mentioned this to him before he purchased the console :p

On the other hand, a Wii U gives the possibility of playing a lot more games, while Earthbound would only give access to one!

Yes - you won't be able to play X on an Earthbound cart, so on that point alone Wii U wins by a mile.  ;)

But is it cheaper to buy a $170+ Earthbound cart and a $50+ SNES than a $200+ WiiU and $10 Earthbound download?
I'm just playing devil's advocate here.  If someone just wanted to play Earthbound, I say emulate it.  F- the crazy prices.

Warmsignal

« Reply #1846 on: March 14, 2014, 03:40:50 pm »
Well this is interesting. I was curious to see if Earthbound was continuing to decrease in value since the Wii U VC release. Mind you the game's value never crashed the way many thought/hoped, but at one point it was going for around $120 loose. Too my surprise Earthbound's value not only went up again, but has increased close to where it was at its peak value. Many of the official loose copies are now going $170+, with many ending around $190! Seriously didn't see this happening, although I guess it wouldn't be the first game to see a surge in price after getting a VC release.

Dang. It was going down in price for a while, especially when the uncut version carts were selling for $80, the BIN were down to about $150. This was just a few months back, now they're $190 again.

I'm just unlucky. 5 years of finding SNES games in the wild, and the one time I came across Earthbound for about $1, my bro was with me. He discovered the box of games, so I let him buy it. :(
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 03:43:21 pm by Warmsignal »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1847 on: March 15, 2014, 10:37:00 pm »
LMAO!

Sorry if this is too inappropriate, but it looks to me like all the naughty parts are covered by her hands. I just thought this was hilarious and had to share it, lol.

« Reply #1848 on: March 16, 2014, 01:04:30 am »
LMAO!

Sorry if this is too inappropriate, but it looks to me like all the naughty parts are covered by her hands. I just thought this was hilarious and had to share it, lol.

LMFAO!!!!

You were right to post this lol.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1849 on: March 16, 2014, 08:34:14 am »
 ;D

Thanks for posting it!

Sundays are unfailingly very good days indeed whenever me & the gf wake up & laugh so hard at something early in the morning...Great way to start off the day  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1850 on: March 16, 2014, 05:07:37 pm »
At least someone else is enjoying the close view.   ;D

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1851 on: March 16, 2014, 05:32:18 pm »
At least someone else is enjoying the close view.   ;D

Chubby chasers. They're out there. My dad can vouch for it.

foxhack

« Reply #1852 on: March 16, 2014, 10:37:46 pm »
Someone won my PS1 RPG auction.

An hour later he sends a message saying he can get the games elsewhere for cheaper.

What do I do? Ignore him so he gets a non-paying bidder strike? BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT FOR WASTING MY TIME?

anruiukimi

« Reply #1853 on: March 16, 2014, 10:42:10 pm »
Really? What sort of crap is that? :/

foxhack

« Reply #1854 on: March 16, 2014, 11:11:53 pm »
The kind that gets him banned from my auctions for life.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1855 on: March 16, 2014, 11:42:20 pm »
Selling on eBay is a dangerous world. People try to scam you constantly. My wife has been thinning out her book collection and selling her "old" purses on there here lately. She's had more than 1 person claim they never received the package. They opened a case, but luckily she got tracking on it.
There's really not much seller protection.  In a dispute, eBay will side with the buyer nearly every time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1856 on: March 17, 2014, 12:04:30 am »
I just had a non-payment. Turned out well in the end, though, because that relisted item is selling for WAY more than it originally sold for.

1st time - $45

Look at it now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221390854556?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

:o

The original buyer is on my banned list, now. The guy never even responded to my messages. But now I feel I should thank him.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1857 on: March 17, 2014, 12:15:45 am »
I just had a non-payment. Turned out well in the end, though, because that relisted item is selling for WAY more than it originally sold for.

1st time - $45

Look at it now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221390854556?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

:o

The original buyer is on my banned list, now. The guy never even responded to my messages. But now I feel I should thank him.

And the final bid: $250 plus $4.95 shipping. Hot damn than feels good!

foxhack

« Reply #1858 on: March 17, 2014, 01:23:37 am »
I did some digging and it looks like that buyer did the same thing to two other people. So I sent them both messages urging them to report his scamming ass.

I agreed to him canceling the purchase because I didn't want to wait two weeks to get my fees back OR risk a neg. I've left comments about his behavior on several gaming forums. Luckily his username is so close to a common search phrase that Google searches get confused and show nothing related to eBay, so there's little chance of him finding out I'm warning folks about him. XD

I'm still bummed, I wanted a new PC. ;_;

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1859 on: March 17, 2014, 03:20:13 am »
I'd like to take a look at that PlayStation RPG collection...

Please check out the games I have for sale.