Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601722 times)

scott

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2013, 02:13:21 pm »
I took a bunch of 3D pictures with my 3DS when I first got it. I even played with the AR cards in them too. BTW, what's your 3DS friend code? If you download swapnote via the shop, I can send you a note with a couple pictures for you to check out.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2013, 02:27:55 pm »
I took a bunch of 3D pictures with my 3DS when I first got it. I even played with the AR cards in them too. BTW, what's your 3DS friend code? If you download swapnote via the shop, I can send you a note with a couple pictures for you to check out.
How were the AR cards?

Sure - send away...I'm (on the 3-DS, at least) -

darkrpger

Friend-Code =

2191 - 9086 - 3811
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2013, 03:02:36 pm »
Have any of you other 3DS owners tried/done anything w/ the "3-D photos"?

Haven't (any interest, really) in trying it myself -but- I'm assuming that they're probably not that good...
I think I took one when I first got it and it impressed me about as much as 3D normally does so I haven't taken another.

scott

« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2013, 04:57:10 pm »
How were the AR cards?

Sure - send away...I'm (on the 3-DS, at least) -

darkrpger

Friend-Code =

2191 - 9086 - 3811

Cool, I'll add it to my 3DS tonight.  :)

desocietas

« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2013, 05:01:21 pm »
Have any of you other 3DS owners tried/done anything w/ the "3-D photos"?

Haven't (any interest, really) in trying it myself -but- I'm assuming that they're probably not that good...

I don't remember if they changed the camera in the 3DSXL but the camera on my first edition 3DS is pretty lacking... I recall reviews saying that the camera on most smartphones at the time were better than the camera in the 3DS (which was perhaps very similar to the one that was on the DSi).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

ko1ru

« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2013, 02:47:21 pm »
In general, I tend to believe that 3D should be left to theme park attractions and stay out of my entertainment. If there is an option to watch a movie in the theater in 3D or in 2D, I'll go w/ the 2D one every time.

This is precisely how I feel about the whole 3D thing.  I sure hope it's a short-lived facet of gaming and other entertainment, and if not, at least improve upon the technology...  I am getting a 3DS, not for the 3D feature, but for a few games that aren't available for the regular DS.

scott

« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2013, 03:02:34 pm »
Until they can come up with a way for everyone looking at a TV to see 3D w/o glasses. It'll stay a gimmick. I know I'm not going to shell out the extra cash for a 3DTV and enough glasses for everyone in the house to watch it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2013, 03:37:34 pm »
In general, I tend to believe that 3D should be left to theme park attractions and stay out of my entertainment. If there is an option to watch a movie in the theater in 3D or in 2D, I'll go w/ the 2D one every time.

This is precisely how I feel about the whole 3D thing.  I sure hope it's a short-lived facet of gaming and other entertainment, and if not, at least improve upon the technology...  I am getting a 3DS, not for the 3D feature, but for a few games that aren't available for the regular DS.

*EXACTLY* my feelings on & reasons for buying a 3ds-XL, as well...I couldn't care less if it had that little, plastic "3-D slider" on it, or not  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2013, 04:44:59 pm »
I haven't played many games on the 3DS, but my brother brought his XL to Christmas.  The 3D on Mario Kart 7 is awesome.  I loved it.  I'm going to buy one.  I was hoping to hold out until they had a good limited edition one for the XL, but I don't want a Pokemon one.

desocietas

« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2013, 04:46:17 pm »
I haven't played many games on the 3DS, but my brother brought his XL to Christmas.  The 3D on Mario Kart 7 is awesome.  I loved it.  I'm going to buy one.  I was hoping to hold out until they had a good limited edition one for the XL, but I don't want a Pokemon one.

I kinda want the XL just for the screen size (not very portable for me once it's that big, though), but a friend who has one said some of his saves didn't quite transfer over.  I haven't looked into this, but that would definitely put me off a bit.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2013, 04:55:52 pm »
I like the Zelda edition of the orig 3DS, but I really want that 3DS XL.  That screen size is so much bigger.

htimreimer

« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2013, 08:35:30 pm »
this has to be one of the most embarrassing box art for a game ever

foxhack

« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2013, 09:22:50 pm »
Well I finally added Discipline to the database, scan and all.

I hate myself.

I almost made the genre "Party", too.

scott

« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2013, 09:31:03 pm »
lol. What's that you say?

"Wear your crappy/horrible games with pride!"

perv.  ;)

desocietas

« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2013, 09:42:46 pm »
Well I finally added Discipline to the database, scan and all.

I hate myself.

I almost made the genre "Party", too.

Haha, no rating, eh?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas