Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1605890 times)

scott

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #210 on: January 02, 2013, 01:37:47 pm »
Oh man it's been awhile since I played Oblivion. But I do know they changed some of the controls around between the two.

Here's a link to the listing on the Elder Scrolls Wiki. Maybe that'll help. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim#Compared_with_previous_titles

EDIT: HMMmmm, looks like that listing doesn't compare controller schemes. :\
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:43:29 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2013, 02:06:56 pm »
I found this. Maybe it will help?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Controls
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Controls

Sorry I wish I could wrap my head around one handed gaming better, so I could help you out more.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:09:42 pm by scott »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2013, 02:09:55 pm »
I found this. Maybe it will help? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Controls

Sorry I wish I could wrap my head around one handed gaming better, so I could help you out more.  :-\

Nah, thanks - that does help :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2013, 02:10:41 pm »
Added the listing for Oblivion's controls in there too.  :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #214 on: January 02, 2013, 04:56:37 pm »
@Those who've played Oblivion AND Skyrim (preferrably, both on the PS3):

- What did you think of the one compared to the other?

- And, more importantly, how similar/different are the main controls/mechanics of the 2 games?

(What I'm getting at here -is- if I was able to (w/o too much difficulty) "100%" Oblivion one-handed...should I be able to do the same w/ Skyrim) -OR- are there drastic differences?

Thanks -

Skyrim definetly has more of a "Norse" or "Viking" feel to it all. While Oblivion feels more like more traditional fantasy-elements. I felt Oblivion was a better game, honestly. It felt more balanced. In Skyrim you just feel incredibly overpowered after only a few level-ups. But both games are absolute masterpieces that are more than worth owning and will give hours upon hours of enjoyment.

scott

« Reply #215 on: January 02, 2013, 05:09:35 pm »
I kind of agree. But I will say that I like Skyrim's world much more than Oblivion's, it seems much more alive to me. But as far as becoming over powered, I was wrecking things in Oblivion pretty handily in no time at all. Then again I was also focus on archery and stealth crits are beastly.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2013, 10:05:26 am »
3-D Gaming/TV's?!

Anyone here get a 3-DTV and/or do any 3-D gaming yet?

I haven't :(

Kinda' curious about the rest of your thoughts/impressions, though...as the prices keep getting more reasonable.

Thanks -

darko

« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2013, 10:10:28 am »
3-D Gaming/TV's?!

Anyone here get a 3-DTV and/or do any 3-D gaming yet?

I haven't :(

Kinda' curious about the rest of your thoughts/impressions, though...as the prices keep getting more reasonable.

Thanks -

I've played around with one hooked up to a PS3. It was okay but still a novelty that I don't need to enjoy my games. I also have the 3DS. Sometimes I play with the 3D on, sometimes I don't. Mostly do not I suppose.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2013, 10:14:47 am »
Yeah, I've got the 3DS too - but have gotten very little use out of it, so far.

I was more interested in it related to the PS3 - your statement pretty much confirms what my guess would have been.

What about regular/cable TV programming...is there anything out (worthwhile) that even supports 3D yet?

darko

« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2013, 10:19:21 am »

I was more interested in it related to the PS3 - your statement pretty much confirms what my guess would have been.

What about regular/cable TV programming...is there anything out (worthwhile) that even supports 3D yet?

Meh. One of my friends has a 3DTV and I've watched some 3D HBO stuff on it. It's okay, nothing special. I kind of feel like 3D is going to remain a fad that people are not quick to adopt as long as you have to buy/wear glasses. There are a few sets in Japan that are glasses free, but I'm pretty sure they are prohibitively expensive.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2013, 10:36:13 am »

Meh. One of my friends has a 3DTV and I've watched some 3D HBO stuff on it. It's okay, nothing special. I kind of feel like 3D is going to remain a fad that people are not quick to adopt as long as you have to buy/wear glasses. There are a few sets in Japan that are glasses free, but I'm pretty sure they are prohibitively expensive.

Figured as much...that's too bad (the prohibitive prices).

jcalder8

« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2013, 11:10:47 am »
I like my 3DS for the sole reason that I don't have to wear 3D glasses when I use it, until they can do that with a TV I won't even look at getting one.

scott

« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2013, 12:07:44 pm »
In general, I tend to believe that 3D should be left to theme park attractions and stay out of my entertainment. If there is an option to watch a movie in the theater in 3D or in 2D, I'll go w/ the 2D one every time. I doubt I'll ever buy a 3DTV, especially when you need glasses and those glasses can be expensive!

I do enjoy my 3DS though and I do play that in 3D a lot of times, but if the game makes me move the handheld too much and gets disorienting, then I immediately turn it off. I can't play Kid Icarus or Star Fox in 3D, but I can play Zelda and Mario games. Sometimes the games look really cool w/ the 3D turned on, but I can get the same enjoyment out of it w/ 2D, so it's not a huge selling point.

desocietas

« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »
In general, I tend to believe that 3D should be left to theme park attractions and stay out of my entertainment. If there is an option to watch a movie in the theater in 3D or in 2D, I'll go w/ the 2D one every time. I doubt I'll ever buy a 3DTV, especially when you need glasses and those glasses can be expensive!

I do enjoy my 3DS though and I do play that in 3D a lot of times, but if the game makes me move the handheld too much and gets disorienting, then I immediately turn it off. I can't play Kid Icarus or Star Fox in 3D, but I can play Zelda and Mario games. Sometimes the games look really cool w/ the 3D turned on, but I can get the same enjoyment out of it w/ 2D, so it's not a huge selling point.

I feel the same way about my 3DS.  It's a neat novelty when it works, but usually it's terrible and distracting.  I appreciate Nintendo trying to push the 3D video thing by always having new videos to watch through the dashboard, but I don't go out of my way to watch them (unless it's Dinosaur Office, which I readily admit is charming).  Also, with my vision being kinda meh, I can't have the 3D on full-blast.  Mid-way is pretty good and my current 3D title (Crimson Shroud) does a pretty good job of using it without it being annoying or detracting from the game.

Needing glasses for 3DTVs is so lame.  It's like throwing a dance party but you can only hear the music if you put on the headphones.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2013, 02:10:30 pm »
Have any of you other 3DS owners tried/done anything w/ the "3-D photos"?

Haven't (any interest, really) in trying it myself -but- I'm assuming that they're probably not that good...