Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1565916 times)

pacpix

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4140 on: October 25, 2014, 12:07:34 am »
I have been on the slow transition to Linux after being unimpressed with Windows 8 and wanting to try something new.  I really want to learn the command line, just have not had much time to mess with it.  Currently dual booting for work/school with Windows 7 and Linux Mint distro with XFCE. Thinking of changing to gnome or cinnamon though. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

maximo310

« Reply #4141 on: October 25, 2014, 02:00:18 am »
So this popped up on some site I was searching on. This guy's collection is pretty insane:
http://vimeo.com/107121378

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4142 on: October 25, 2014, 08:27:41 am »
Hey, KASHY -

Have you checked out the trophy list for Tears to Tiara 2 yet?

I just took a look at it, and...

(1) Platinum trophy,

(45) "complete stage One through complete stage 45" trophies,

(4) "Beat on ____ difficulty" ones, and

(6-7) other ones that I'm not remembering right now  :o

what, what, what, what  ???
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #4143 on: October 25, 2014, 09:58:24 am »
So this popped up on some site I was searching on. This guy's collection is pretty insane:
http://vimeo.com/107121378

This guy is living the dream; he's nicely dressed and probably has a decent job, and then comes home to a massive game collection :)

cobraseph

« Reply #4144 on: October 25, 2014, 11:58:23 am »
woooooow!!  :o he is a true video game crusader.

karyann

« Reply #4145 on: October 25, 2014, 12:25:04 pm »
I have been on the slow transition to Linux after being unimpressed with Windows 8 and wanting to try something new.  I really want to learn the command line, just have not had much time to mess with it.  Currently dual booting for work/school with Windows 7 and Linux Mint distro with XFCE. Thinking of changing to gnome or cinnamon though.

I did it slowly too, and it worked pretty well for me! I'm still not very good with the command line, but every time I have to use it I get a bit better. I started with Ubuntu because I was really unsure with how I could "handle" it, but it's really not as hard as it seems, happily  :)

I kinda decided to make the big switch because of 8 too haha.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4146 on: October 25, 2014, 12:31:18 pm »
Serious question, I got a Sega CD in a package deal for some other stuff, and never played/had sega CD growing up, are there any good games for it, the few I played are horrible and is like an interactive crappy movie...... Should I just offload it and invest my money else where?It is a PITA to set it all up with the genesis and all the wires.... I dont wanna sell it and later regret it, but also need to save up for a Ps4......
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

« Reply #4147 on: October 25, 2014, 12:39:21 pm »
Serious question, I got a Sega CD in a package deal for some other stuff, and never played/had sega CD growing up, are there any good games for it, the few I played are horrible and is like an interactive crappy movie...... Should I just offload it and invest my money else where?It is a PITA to set it all up with the genesis and all the wires.... I dont wanna sell it and later regret it, but also need to save up for a Ps4......

I love The Terminator for the Sega CD. It's a bit wonky but it rules.

---
Also, sorry for being gone for a while, I've been busy prepping for a gaming and comic book con that I'll be selling stuff at. I packed about five boxes of comics to sell at like a quarter each. I need the space, hope people bring money. x_X

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4148 on: October 25, 2014, 01:54:06 pm »

If you can find games for it, hold on to it. If you live in an area where you never see them (like me), then it can get pricey to collect for online. But there are good games for it. Lots of the best versions of games from that era are on Sega CD. And there's a bit of RPG exclusives.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4149 on: October 25, 2014, 04:00:58 pm »
Just in case anyone's interested -

As many of you already know - I'm not into social media, 'following' folks on sites, and/or using any wish/sell lists...however, I've decided to start going through my collection & listing the items that I own more than 1 of to the "Sell" list here.

I'll probably finish this by tomorrow or Monday.

Everything that winds up on this list is not necessarily strictly for sale / I'm always just as happy & open to trades as I am in selling for cash.

Just an FYI for anyone who cares ;D

maximo310

« Reply #4150 on: October 25, 2014, 04:14:49 pm »
woooooow!!  :o he is a true video game crusader.
Indeed! I'm saving this to my personal favorites since his ideas about gaming were pretty cool, and the way he talks about his collection was also really interesting as well.

pacpix

« Reply #4151 on: October 25, 2014, 05:33:37 pm »

I did it slowly too, and it worked pretty well for me! I'm still not very good with the command line, but every time I have to use it I get a bit better. I started with Ubuntu because I was really unsure with how I could "handle" it, but it's really not as hard as it seems, happily  :)

I kinda decided to make the big switch because of 8 too haha.
Yeah I started with Mint for similar reasons, but eventually after I really learn about the OS I am considering trying to do something with Arch.  I am going to college next year for Computer Science with an IT emphasis (which I may just switch to Applied Science with IT since I am really struggling with self teaching programming and have sucked at Calculus so far) and I think learning about how everything in the OS works will be very useful.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

karyann

« Reply #4152 on: October 25, 2014, 08:36:58 pm »

As many of you already know - I'm not into social media, 'following' folks on sites, and/or using any wish/sell lists...however, I've decided to start going through my collection & listing the items that I own more than 1 of to the "Sell" list here.

Everything that winds up on this list is not necessarily strictly for sale / I'm always just as happy & open to trades as I am in selling for cash.

Sounds interesting, I'll keep my eyes open :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4153 on: October 25, 2014, 10:42:38 pm »

You need to quit worrying about following people; and come with me, my brother!  I'll lead you to the Promised Land! 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4154 on: October 26, 2014, 07:22:10 am »

You need to quit worrying about following people; and come with me, my brother!  I'll lead you to the Promised Land!

How can you lead me to my house  :P

Also...it seems that there's no correlation between needing to follow others in order to be followed yourself ;)