Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663987 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6495 on: March 18, 2015, 02:18:50 pm »
I really want a NES and a SNES. I just haven't found them. And I know the second I get one of them I'll immediately have like 500 extra games popping up ...

EDIT: Also please leave feedback for sellers on eBay ... I hate people who aren't doing that and it sucks. I have 50 feedback but over 100 sales.. ugh.

Same with me. Heck, some sellers don't leave me feedback after I do so for them. It's annoying - it only takes a second, and you know it's important because I'll guarantee you all buyers look at the amount of feedback before buying - so just do it! ::)

I now don't leave feedback for buyers unless they leave me feedback as a seller. I wish I could leave neutral feedback based on the fact that they don't leave feedback haha.

I ALWAYS leave feedback, no matter what. I have 100% feedback on my profile, after many years and many, many transactions both-ways on eBay. I don't want to ruin that 100%. If they don't leave me feedback, that sucks. But I don't want someone to be spiteful for not leaving feedback.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6496 on: March 18, 2015, 04:16:54 pm »
To bring darkalicious' point further home, you shouldn't worry about what you have and don't have. A good collector should also be a good person: honest, fair, kind-hearted, etc. That's what makes a good collector and, quite frankly, what makes this site so great.

I have no interest in owning an NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. because they'd take up space and I already own a Retron 5. I can still play Secret of Mana in short bursts, but I don't need to worry about space. A "good" collector also knows the importance of space as far as I'm concerned. XD

I'll begin HD Noire tonight. I got the free DLC and I'm eager to put it to good use. ^^

Nice!

A quick heads-up (regarding DLC that adds additional play-able characters):

When starting a fight:

- Always "sort" your party members by "story order", because - this will help by serving as a reminder for the more important point of

- there's a bunch of trophies (22, iirc) for maxing out all 22 characters Lily Ranks to 100%...with every.  single.  one of the other 21 characters  :o

So, why sort by "story", instead of by levels, stats, etc?

Because: this way of sorting automatically separates the wheat from the chaff by, putting any & all DLC characters (whose Lily Ranks DON'T need to be maxed) *BELOW*, on the bottom of, and underneath the 22 GAME characters (those that you'll be pecking away at; constantly giving em a little kiss)...

AKA = Those who DO need their Lily Ranks maxed.

TL;DR

This will save you from wasting time, trying to raise the Lily Ranks of characters who are uneccessary for that trophy  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6497 on: March 18, 2015, 04:40:18 pm »
Lily Ranks have always been a grind in the series. How bad are they in this game?

Bwigdahl

« Reply #6498 on: March 18, 2015, 04:51:08 pm »
So over the last 5 or 6 months I've lost somewhere around 50 pounds! (most of that loss has been since December). And this is probably the best shape I've ever been in. I've actually felt motivated to go out and walk/run more, which if you know me is saying something, lol. Now I just have to start building some muscle mass and get rid of this leftover flab!

I know it's not video game related but just felt like sharing.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6499 on: March 18, 2015, 05:19:30 pm »
So over the last 5 or 6 months I've lost somewhere around 50 pounds! (most of that loss has been since December). And this is probably the best shape I've ever been in. I've actually felt motivated to go out and walk/run more, which if you know me is saying something, lol. Now I just have to start building some muscle mass and get rid of this leftover flab!

I know it's not video game related but just felt like sharing.

HELL YEAH MAN! KILL IT! Best stuff you could be doing! Doesn't need to be VG related in here! Awesome job!

Bwigdahl

« Reply #6500 on: March 18, 2015, 05:37:39 pm »
Thanks man! I'm down from 260 to 210. Would Ideally like to be under 200 (which I honestly don't think I've been since early in my high school years.) Hopefully my newfound energy will shoot me closer to that goal. haha!

argyle

« Reply #6501 on: March 18, 2015, 05:57:14 pm »
Good going, I really need to lose some weight myself. Truth be told, I've lost close to 50lbs twice now over the past 5-6 years, and both times I've ended up gaining it back. :-\ It's somewhat disheartening. Both times I have felt MUCH better w/o the extra weight, but then it slowly creeps back. I've gotta get the motivation up to get it off again & try to keep it off this time.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6502 on: March 18, 2015, 06:17:45 pm »
Lily Ranks have always been a grind in the series. How bad are they in this game?

I don't think that they really seem to be all that bad.

but - this is the 1st game that I've played in the series that even *has* Lily Points, so...I really don't have any frame of reference, context, or perspective to put it in; compared to MK-2 & Victory.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6503 on: March 18, 2015, 10:02:25 pm »
Would it be tacky if I started a GoFundMe to fund my arcade cabinet addiction? 
This divorce is invading my habit. There's 2 cabinets I want close to me, and I can't have either one. Maybe they won't sell for a couple of months. Then, I can get them.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6504 on: March 19, 2015, 06:36:07 am »
kash -

glad to hear that you're playing + enjoying Noire, so far ;D

which DLC'(s) did you end up getting & which difficulty are you playing it on?

i saw that you were interested in FF Type 0 impressions and, noticed yesterday, that juniper was playing it on psn...

...we chatted for awhile & caught up with each other -and- he was able to give me a pretty good description, feel for, and, impressions of the game.

so, you could do worse than asking + talking to him about the game 8)

kashell

« Reply #6505 on: March 19, 2015, 08:17:08 am »
He posted some great impressions on the general topic after I asked him to. I'm going to hold off on buying it for a while since I don't have a PS4 and since something tells me I'd be better off getting the PSP version. I'm all about giving the PSP more attention, after all.

Since I'm in the mood for something simple, especially after dealing with Fury Mode in Muramasa, I started the game on Easy mode. The only DLC I bothered with were the free ones. The sword for Noire seems to be the only worthwhile one, though. The free items are welcome, but that sword is wrecking stuff left and right.

These Lily Ranks don't seem as bad. We just have to surround a character with other characters and use a skill, yes?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6506 on: March 19, 2015, 08:41:53 am »
He posted some great impressions on the general topic after I asked him to. I'm going to hold off on buying it for a while since I don't have a PS4 and since something tells me I'd be better off getting the PSP version. I'm all about giving the PSP more attention, after all.

Since I'm in the mood for something simple, especially after dealing with Fury Mode in Muramasa, I started the game on Easy mode. The only DLC I bothered with were the free ones. The sword for Noire seems to be the only worthwhile one, though. The free items are welcome, but that sword is wrecking stuff left and right.

These Lily Ranks don't seem as bad. We just have to surround a character with other characters and use a skill, yes?

That's my understanding of it & how I've been doing it.

There's a few (Vert & Lid, off of the top of my head), that are going to be more of a chore...as they don't have 'support'-type skills  >:(

The only other thing that I do/recommend, is to *never* "waste" a turn - always have (and switch in & out) a character - close enough to another character - to use a buff, refresh, heal, whatever on...each & every turn, since it's one less to worry about later.

Another tidbit: Noire, as a leader, increases everyone's Move / Neptune, as a leader, raises everyone's critical rate = pay attention to & use the appropriate Leader Skills at the appropriate times...they'll make things much easier.

One last thing.  If you haven't yet - you're going to get to electric tiles in the dungeons that cause damage, stop you in your tracks, and end your turn.

Protip:

Some CPU's (like Noire & Nep-Nep!), but not all of them, get the "Float" ability whilst in their HDD forms & will trivialize that electricity.

Hahaha!

Did you notice that, when saying Blanc's name - nobody pronounces the "c" at the end; everyone's calling her & saying her name as; Blahn  :P

kashell

« Reply #6507 on: March 19, 2015, 09:07:27 am »
I noticed that about Blanc. Neptune has a tendency to call her Blahny. XD It's adorable. I'm glad that she'll be the starlet of the next game.

I'll keep all of those hints in mind. With characters like Vert, can't they just be the ones giving the smooch in order to increase Lily Ranks? That would be my guess, so even if a character doesn't have a support skill, can they still gain Lily Ranking by just being involved in the skill.

Does that make sense at all? XD

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6508 on: March 19, 2015, 09:15:18 am »
I noticed that about Blanc. Neptune has a tendency to call her Blahny. XD It's adorable. I'm glad that she'll be the starlet of the next game.

I'll keep all of those hints in mind. With characters like Vert, can't they just be the ones giving the smooch in order to increase Lily Ranks? That would be my guess, so even if a character doesn't have a support skill, can they still gain Lily Ranking by just being involved in the skill.

Does that make sense at all? XD

Yes.  That makes sense and, (afaik), it's the only way to do it for those characters - not impossible - just less convenient, practical, and useful than for those who can use skills, heals, buffs, etc.; as they're actually doing/contributing something...instead of just standing there, taking up space, and looking for free smooches  :P

argyle

« Reply #6509 on: March 19, 2015, 10:15:03 am »
Holy crap, has Kojima left Konami??? :o If true, that's pretty much the end of Konami.

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/konami-website-updates-suggest-kojima-productions-demise
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis