Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600909 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8310 on: October 06, 2015, 01:43:41 pm »
But the ones that [...] make sure to vocally let you know on a regular basis [...]

Those kind of people are usually either extremists or want any possible attention, and whatever their origin/beliefs/younameit, extremists are exactly that: extreme, and usually don't think further than that. Extremists are no fun for anyone.  :-\

That being said, and I'm addressing the thread in general (not anybody in particular), as burningdoom kindly mentioned, politics and religions often lead to heated debates, so if the subject could now be closed and proceed to something else, that would be very great! :)
Though I also want to thank you guys for being so polite with each other.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8311 on: October 06, 2015, 01:58:07 pm »
I'm just saying there are definite hypocrites when it comes to Christians, and I think I know exactly how to spot them. For this point forward, I will avoid getting involved with them again if I see or hear those tell tale signs.

My grandma is a Christian and she never blubbered on about how good she was, or how the lord was going to do this or that for her. I know her well and she would never, ever, cheat anybody. My grandparents on my fathers side were the blubbering type. What did they do? They stole and cheated the system all of the time, and they were extremely hatefully racist against black people.

I think it's just a good idea for me to avoid the blubbering type of Christian. I think it's a sign of a guilty conscience that thinks talking about god will excuse their urges to do people wrong.

rayne315

« Reply #8312 on: October 06, 2015, 02:00:47 pm »
So nice weather we are having isn't it. (obvious change of topic)
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

« Reply #8313 on: October 06, 2015, 02:01:49 pm »
It's been cloudy cold and rainy all weekend where I am :( Has hurricane Joaquin been affecting anybody? I don't remember if it died out before it hit the shore or not.
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #8314 on: October 06, 2015, 02:03:01 pm »
You don't do it because you think it will make you better. You do is as a sign of respect and appreciation for what the Lord has done for you.

This is why we don't usually talk about religion or politics. People just aren't gonna see eye to eye. And to start pointing out all the things you don't like about it, is just gonna piss off and offend those that do follow the religion.

I don't know why you feel offended as that was not my intention and in no way am I disparaging Christianity. 

Are you saying that being a hypocrite, lying, cheating, stealing, racism and bigotry are all part of being religious or part of Christianity?  Because you say I am pointing out things I don't like about it (see your quote above) as if I am speaking negatively of religion when in fact, I was merely commenting back on people who feign religion and commit sin on a regular basis under the guise of living a moral, religious life.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #8315 on: October 06, 2015, 02:04:10 pm »
But the ones that [...] make sure to vocally let you know on a regular basis [...]

Those kind of people are usually either extremists or want any possible attention, and whatever their origin/beliefs/younameit, extremists are exactly that: extreme, and usually don't think further than that. Extremists are no fun for anyone.  :-\

That being said, and I'm addressing the thread in general (not anybody in particular), as burningdoom kindly mentioned, politics and religions often lead to heated debates, so if the subject could now be closed and proceed to something else, that would be very great! :)
Though I also want to thank you guys for being so polite with each other.

I'm done with it as I already addressed Burningdoom.  I'm sorry if my comments about hypocritical people in general-regardless of their chosen belief system-offended anyone. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #8316 on: October 06, 2015, 02:07:12 pm »
I surprised my wife last night.  When flowers, cards, candy and surprise date nights don't seem like doing enough for the woman you love, having her name permanently tattooed on your upper arm does the trick! 

I love you Holly Noel.   :-*

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8317 on: October 06, 2015, 02:07:52 pm »
I'm just saying there are definite hypocrites when it comes to Christians, and I think I know exactly how to spot them. For this point forward, I will avoid getting involved with them again if I see or hear those tell tale signs.

My grandma is a Christian and she never blubbered on about how good she was, or how the lord was going to do this or that for her. I know her well and she would never, ever, cheat anybody. My grandparents on my fathers side were the blubbering type. What did they do? They stole and cheated the system all of the time, and they were extremely hatefully racist against black people.

I think it's just a good idea for me to avoid the blubbering type of Christian. I think it's a sign of a guilty conscience that thinks talking about god will excuse their urges to do people wrong.

I grew up southern baptist (fairly "hardcore" Christian). There is a reason i left. And ive seen that before too. I know a few "christians" like that who have scammed and screwed people over. And on SUnday put on a face to pretend they are a good person.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #8318 on: October 06, 2015, 02:10:02 pm »
If you wanna talk about weather, you guys know I CAN TALK... about weather. So, hot vs cold. Choose your side!

abe

« Reply #8319 on: October 06, 2015, 02:16:14 pm »
If you wanna talk about weather, you guys know I CAN TALK... about weather. So, hot vs cold. Choose your side!

Cold is best!

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #8320 on: October 06, 2015, 02:17:20 pm »

Cold is best!

Yo, I heard that! Cold all day erryday

Haha, I feel like we always talk about weather 8)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:20:04 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #8321 on: October 06, 2015, 02:17:40 pm »
gf78 essentially what I was going to say with post 8314, so I'll move on since the lovely karyann made the humble request with such grace and class.

Weather: team hot, since I get cold easily.

I'm writing up the Rule of Rose review now and I'm already thinking about going back and playing again to see the stuff I unlocked and missed.

rayne315

« Reply #8322 on: October 06, 2015, 02:18:33 pm »

Cold is best!

You can always put on more layers to get warm but you cant always take layers off. So I pick cold too
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #8323 on: October 06, 2015, 02:18:47 pm »

Cold is best!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8324 on: October 06, 2015, 02:21:33 pm »
You don't do it because you think it will make you better. You do is as a sign of respect and appreciation for what the Lord has done for you.

This is why we don't usually talk about religion or politics. People just aren't gonna see eye to eye. And to start pointing out all the things you don't like about it, is just gonna piss off and offend those that do follow the religion.

I don't know why you feel offended as that was not my intention and in no way am I disparaging Christianity. 

Are you saying that being a hypocrite, lying, cheating, stealing, racism and bigotry are all part of being religious or part of Christianity?  Because you say I am pointing out things I don't like about it (see your quote above) as if I am speaking negatively of religion when in fact, I was merely commenting back on people who feign religion and commit sin on a regular basis under the guise of living a moral, religious life.

The people who talk about "the good Lord" all the time are the ones constantly being drunkards, fighting, lying, cheating on their spouses and what have you.

That is what you call a blanket statement. Saying that everyone in a group is a certain way. I certainly have good things to say about the lord. And I'm not one of those Christians going out and protesting gay marriage or protesting Obama's presidency.

And all that shit that these hypocrites run around doing, they think is magically absolved because they sit in a pew for an hour on Sunday.  Take that for what you will.

And my comment in response to karryanne explaining why I go to church was in response to this comment. You don't go to be absolved of anything. You go out of respect and appreciation.

Frankly, I've been quite polite in my responses. And you've been quite nasty about Christians right out of the gate with nasty language and all. So yeah, I feel a little offended being a Christian, and having someone lump me in with their negative view of Christianity. It's like I said, it's no different than people that say all black people are gang-bangers. It's a generalization.