Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1594491 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9825 on: March 07, 2016, 12:34:46 pm »
And you can't even leave negative feedback for people like that any longer.   :-\

All your time getting eaten up by people so inconsiderate. The lack of negative feedback for the buyers is frustrating - how are sellers supposed to protect themselves at all and does eBay mark these users as "negative" in an internal way? eBay policies already favor the buyer (and as a buyer who has had issues with sellers, that was appreciated), but it definitely scares me off from actively selling things on their site.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #9826 on: March 07, 2016, 12:58:04 pm »
And you can't even leave negative feedback for people like that any longer.   :-\

All your time getting eaten up by people so inconsiderate. The lack of negative feedback for the buyers is frustrating - how are sellers supposed to protect themselves at all and does eBay mark these users as "negative" in an internal way? eBay policies already favor the buyer (and as a buyer who has had issues with sellers, that was appreciated), but it definitely scares me off from actively selling things on their site.

According to eBay, they get a "non-paying strike" or some such nonsense.  I've checked out the two who never paid and I can't find anything to indicate they stiffed me.  eBay even took away my option to leave them any feedback because I was going to call them a couple of useless rat bastards and warn other sellers of their hijinks.  There is an option you can select when selling called "buyer restrictions" where bidders with three non-paying strikes in the last however-many months can't bid on your items.  But to me, if they do it more than once when given every opportunity to work with the seller and they refuse (which is the only way to get a strike), they should be banned altogether. 

The eBay forums are also rife with seller horror stories where they sold an item, the buyer claimed it wasn't as represented and wanted their money back.  They provide eBay "proof" by showing them a pic of some ratty ass item and eBay screws the seller over, takes the money and gives it back to them.  If you even do receive your item back, it certainly isn't in the condition you sent it or even the same item. 

Knock on wood, it hasn't happened to me yet but I can assure you that the first time it does, I'm done selling on eBay. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #9827 on: March 07, 2016, 01:22:45 pm »
Knock on wood, it hasn't happened to me yet but I can assure you that the first time it does, I'm done selling on eBay.

I hope it never happens to you... you do a great job as a seller! One of our former admins did a lot of selling on eBay to help make a living and had all sorts of horror stories about eBay. Thankfully, he knew what he could and couldn't do and tries very hard to prevent any mishaps, but even he runs into buyers who try to pull a quick one.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #9828 on: March 08, 2016, 08:06:31 am »

I hope it never happens to you... you do a great job as a seller! One of our former admins did a lot of selling on eBay to help make a living and had all sorts of horror stories about eBay. Thankfully, he knew what he could and couldn't do and tries very hard to prevent any mishaps, but even he runs into buyers who try to pull a quick one.

Would that be foxhack?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9829 on: March 08, 2016, 08:20:26 am »

Would that be foxhack?

I have a buddy who does a lot of selling. Is a top seller. Only has one horror story.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9830 on: March 08, 2016, 09:09:15 am »
On Friday, I finally purchased my dream game. As evidenced by my signature, I am a proud owner of Panzer Dragoon Saga. The game I have wanted for years upon years is now mine.

Congrats! Welcome to the PDS owner club! ;D

How will you call your Dragon? I always call mine "Heresy" for, you know, not so obvious reasons..
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

kashell

« Reply #9831 on: March 08, 2016, 10:05:29 am »
On Friday, I finally purchased my dream game. As evidenced by my signature, I am a proud owner of Panzer Dragoon Saga. The game I have wanted for years upon years is now mine.

Congrats! Welcome to the PDS owner club! ;D

How will you call your Dragon? I always call mine "Heresy" for, you know, not so obvious reasons..

I didn't even know you could name him. When I start it up, I'll let the world know.

desocietas

« Reply #9832 on: March 08, 2016, 11:56:27 am »

Would that be foxhack?

Indeed; he gave me some good advice when I was dealing with a basketcase of a seller.  Long story short, I won an auction, seller claimed she sent it but I never got it. I asked eBay to look into it, and she flipped out, saying that her account got locked because of me, and she was no longer able to access funds and her multiple children were going to starve. If I didn't immediatedly concede the loss in her favor, she'd be unable to get gas for her car or feed her family.  ???
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #9833 on: March 08, 2016, 12:16:40 pm »

Would that be foxhack?

Indeed; he gave me some good advice when I was dealing with a basketcase of a seller.  Long story short, I won an auction, seller claimed she sent it but I never got it. I asked eBay to look into it, and she flipped out, saying that her account got locked because of me, and she was no longer able to access funds and her multiple children were going to starve. If I didn't immediatedly concede the loss in her favor, she'd be unable to get gas for her car or feed her family.  ???

She sounds like a strumpet. Forget her. She was just jealous of your beauty.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:45:31 pm by kashell »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9834 on: March 08, 2016, 12:27:59 pm »

Would that be foxhack?

She sounds like strumpet. Forget her. She was just jealous of your beauty.

I might have to put this quote in my sig lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

soera

« Reply #9835 on: March 08, 2016, 12:36:44 pm »
I love that comment. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9836 on: March 08, 2016, 04:21:02 pm »
Tales fans -

Think that any of the games might be playable 1-handed?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

rayne315

« Reply #9837 on: March 08, 2016, 04:22:36 pm »
Tales fans -

I need to send you a link that you might enjoy, or post it on here after I get off work.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9838 on: March 08, 2016, 04:45:10 pm »
Tales fans -

I need to send you a link that you might enjoy, or post it on here after I get off work.

Cool.

I was just reading how a blind gamer beat Ocarina of Time.  Rock on!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9839 on: March 08, 2016, 05:43:32 pm »
Cool!

I just got off of the phone with Senor Soera - now, I can at least put a voice to the name.

Protip: Beware the Soera!