Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600654 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9900 on: March 14, 2016, 11:56:28 am »
Yeah, the PS4's easily my favorite console and the one that gets the most use.

Followed by PS3, and then my VitaTv would be #3.

What's everyone else's top 3 favorite and most-used platforms for this gen?

right now my handheld games are getting the most love (3ds/ds) followed by the Wii U (cant put a price on having someone to play a game with you) and filling out the 3 most played systems currently would be the ps4.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #9901 on: March 14, 2016, 12:11:29 pm »
Who gave Turf permission to come out and play?

They left the key too close to the cell door.  I let my self out like Otis on The Andy Griffith Show.

Im thinking more like the cellar door and you are Sloth.

soera

« Reply #9902 on: March 14, 2016, 12:15:18 pm »
Microsoft could bring over their three good series (Halo, Forza and Gears) to the PS4 and all would be right in my world.   :P

I could get behind this. It makes logical sense. Then anyone could play online with anyone else instead of the "Oh man, I got that on the Xbox on accident instead of that awesome PS4 and we cant play together now".

gf78

« Reply #9903 on: March 14, 2016, 12:16:07 pm »
Yesterday, I finally popped Disney Infinity 3.0 into my PS4, updated it and started playing.  This is my first "toys to life" game and while I initially just wanted to jump into the Twilight of the Republic Star Wars campaign, I found myself drawn into all the other crap you can do.  I spent hours running around the Toy Box, discovering things and bringing color to areas previously unexplored.  I spent an obscene amount of time adding rooms for my companions in my house and trying to decorate, getting my Darth Maul area rug just right.  And when I finally looked up at the clock, it was almost 9:00 and I had completely forgotten about the Walking Dead being on at 8.   :o

So I have to say, Disney Infinity is immensely entertaining, both the Star Wars campaign (which I bought it for) as well as the Toy Box where you can do all kinds of crap.  I never expected this much depth to the game.  I see myself picking up more figures and future games.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #9904 on: March 14, 2016, 12:17:29 pm »
Microsoft could bring over their three good series (Halo, Forza and Gears) to the PS4 and all would be right in my world.   :P

I could get behind this. It makes logical sense. Then anyone could play online with anyone else instead of the "Oh man, I got that on the Xbox on accident instead of that awesome PS4 and we cant play together now".

Microsoft's strengths have always been in the software field.  Bringing their three biggest IP's to the PS4 would make sense, especially if they make them cross-play with PC. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9905 on: March 14, 2016, 12:47:53 pm »
It looks like I got completely screwed over this console generation:

1. Wii U is great for the games I have on it, but there's just not a lot on it, and it seems Nintendo is already looking forward to the NX.

2. It looks like Nintendo is also looking to move on with the New 3DS. I didn't want to have to upgrade, and hopefully I still won't have to, since I bought the XL series. But now with them pushing SNES releases on it, and teasing that they plan on releasing more New 3DS exclusives, I might have to.

3. And finally, there's all kinds of rumors that Microsoft is looking to kill their console division, since it never really made them money like their software does.

...I really should have just saved the extra $100 and gotten a PS4. :(

« Reply #9906 on: March 14, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »

Microsoft's strengths have always been in the software field.  Bringing their three biggest IP's to the PS4 would make sense, especially if they make them cross-play with PC.
Sounds like Microsoft might be trying to work with Sony for cross play on Rocket League.  Could just be Engadget misquoting MS. Microsoft is indeed opening it up so that developers can do cross-network play with PS4 and Wii U (Presumably), if Sony and Nintendo allow it.  Say what you want about MS and the situation, Microsoft did take the first step towards allowing cross-network play.
http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/letter-chris-charla-idxbox-updates-gdc/

For me, my top three by interest would be

1. PC
2. Wii U
3. PS4

For top three by actual time played on the platforms

1. X1
2. PC
3. PS4
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:42:41 pm by ctracy87 »

kashell

« Reply #9907 on: March 14, 2016, 02:08:44 pm »
Top three of all time?

1. PS2

2. PS3

3. Hard to say...

As for the current stuff, I guess it would be:

1. Vita

2. 3DS

3. PS4

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9908 on: March 14, 2016, 02:17:44 pm »

They left the key too close to the cell door.  I let my self out like Otis on The Andy Griffith Show.

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9909 on: March 14, 2016, 02:29:33 pm »

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!

Somebody there?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gf78

« Reply #9910 on: March 14, 2016, 02:59:52 pm »
Microsoft is indeed opening it up so that developers can do cross-network play with PS4 and Wii U (Presumably), if Sony and Nintendo allow it.  Say what you want about MS and the situation, Microsoft did take the first step towards allowing cross-network play.

I think the situation dictates that Microsoft do this.  It's just more evidence (to me) that Microsoft is going to abandon the Xbox as a dedicated hardware platform and focus on software and services.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9911 on: March 14, 2016, 03:04:17 pm »
Microsoft is indeed opening it up so that developers can do cross-network play with PS4 and Wii U (Presumably), if Sony and Nintendo allow it.  Say what you want about MS and the situation, Microsoft did take the first step towards allowing cross-network play.

I think the situation dictates that Microsoft do this.  It's just more evidence (to me) that Microsoft is going to abandon the Xbox as a dedicated hardware platform and focus on software and services.

Or they may just bring Halo and whatever else they have to Windows.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9912 on: March 14, 2016, 03:13:19 pm »
Yeah, the PS4's easily my favorite console and the one that gets the most use.

Followed by PS3, and then my VitaTv would be #3.

What's everyone else's top 3 favorite and most-used platforms for this gen?

Wii U
3DS
PS4

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9913 on: March 14, 2016, 03:17:12 pm »
Redblaze - did you hear about our local raising of minimum wage to $15/hour?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gf78

« Reply #9914 on: March 14, 2016, 03:24:52 pm »
Or they may just bring Halo and whatever else they have to Windows.

See...the current consensus is that the Xbox One is performing better than the 360 at the same point in time and one assumes this means it will sell over 80 million systems in it's lifetime. 

But...that just doesn't jive with the behavior Microsoft has shown.  They were all about the bragging all last generation and early this generation when the 'bone sold great on the first holiday and when a month cropped up where it sold better than the PS4.  Not to mention their chest thumping about selling better over the holidays. 

But over the last year, Microsoft has made several moves to make anyone following them think this isn't the case at all.  First, they began reporting Xbox 360 and One sales together to obfuscate the true sales figures.  Then, they stopped reporting on sales in any form, opting to report on "Xbox Live Engagement" or some such nonsense.  Then, they start announcing previously Xbox One Exclusive titles are coming to the PC.  Follow this up with the closure of several studios and the cancellation of various project including the latest Fable game.  Continue on with Phil Spencer's dodgy replies about the future of Xbox where instead of flat-out saying they are committed to Xbox One, he states he is committed to the Xbox brand.  And now we have solid info that they are going to be making the Xbox Live enabled games PC and (competing) console friendly. 

To me, all of these signs point to Microsoft exiting the dedicated console business.