Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1658529 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9270 on: January 27, 2016, 12:11:39 am »
In other news, y'all won't catch me on here much during the day.  I'm up for a BIG promotion at work and I have a few projects that could make or break me.  I've gotta keep my head in the game.

I cant wait to hear how this goes. You had a rough year last year and I really would be happy if this works out for ya.

desocietas

« Reply #9271 on: January 27, 2016, 03:42:10 am »

In other news, y'all won't catch me on here much during the day.  I'm up for a BIG promotion at work and I have a few projects that could make or break me.  I've gotta keep my head in the game.

Aw, we'll miss you, but best of luck! Hoping to see you on the other side with you on top :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9272 on: January 27, 2016, 07:46:17 am »
Best of luck, Turf!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #9273 on: January 27, 2016, 09:17:32 am »

Skip it and find a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym.  Choking people is a huge stress relief.  The workout is better than anything you can do with weights.  You'll work muscles you didn't know you had.

Here's a good school http://gbgreenhills.com/

I thought about that. I looked on there website but I couldn't find pricing. Do you have to buy your own equipment and gear?

All you need is Jiu Jitsu Gi.  Just set up a free class and try it out.  All you'll need for that is shorts and a t-shirt.  Choking and bending folks is awesome. 

Thanks for the tip.

And good luck on your promotion! Kick some ass!

gf78

« Reply #9274 on: January 27, 2016, 10:53:52 am »
Still discovering more busts in the line. AND of course water damage to some of my console boxes I had stored behind the wall. Pretty much the only box I didn't want ruined because it was near mint, my original Dreamcast box got soaked on one side as another line thawed out today and started leaking all over my stuff.  >:(  :'(

Dude...I cannot tell you how much that sucks.  I feel for you.   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #9275 on: January 27, 2016, 10:55:00 am »

Best of luck!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

karyann

« Reply #9276 on: January 27, 2016, 11:19:48 am »

Go ahead and kick some tail! :) I'm hoping everything goes well!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9277 on: January 27, 2016, 11:23:14 am »

Skip it and find a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym.  Choking people is a huge stress relief.  The workout is better than anything you can do with weights.  You'll work muscles you didn't know you had.

Here's a good school http://gbgreenhills.com/

I thought about that. I looked on there website but I couldn't find pricing. Do you have to buy your own equipment and gear?

All you need is Jiu Jitsu Gi.  Just set up a free class and try it out.  All you'll need for that is shorts and a t-shirt.  Choking and bending folks is awesome. 

Good luck, hope it all works out and you are successful !
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9278 on: January 27, 2016, 11:32:44 am »
So, since a lot of you have been asking me about it on PSN, here's some 1st impressions of Banner Saga.

One thing about Banner Saga that I really like is the way that it does choice.

IMO, the way that it's done and handled is both awesome and refreshing.  Again, IMO, the perma-weight of your decisions is just so, so, so very much better than what I'll call the quasi-choice or choice-lite of something like a Telltale game.

One thing, however, that takes some getting used to in Banner Saga is the complete lack of the ability to save manually.

I understand that being able to save-scum in this game would greatly take away from the gravity, permanence, and outcome of your decisions and choices but, it still takes some getting used to.

Finally, it's a gorgeous, Viking-themed SRPG and, for only twenty bucks, I'd highly recommend it to any and all fans of strategy roleplaying games...on whatever platform you can play it on  8)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:34:51 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9279 on: January 27, 2016, 12:42:47 pm »
$1.50 raise at work!!!

pacpix

« Reply #9280 on: January 27, 2016, 12:52:17 pm »

Good luck, Turf!  :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9281 on: January 27, 2016, 12:55:02 pm »
$1.50 raise at work!!!

Congrats, don't go on a spending spree now.  ;D

My buddy recently got a raise, he regrets it now, put him in a higher tax bracket, and now takes less home.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #9282 on: January 27, 2016, 01:00:30 pm »
$1.50 raise at work!!!

My buddy recently got a raise, he regrets it now, put him in a higher tax bracket, and now takes less home.
Yup, I'm in that place.  An $18k pay raise turned into about an extra $400 a month.

gf78

« Reply #9283 on: January 27, 2016, 02:39:02 pm »
$1.50 raise at work!!!

Yup, I'm in that place.  An $18k pay raise turned into about an extra $400 a month.

Since everyone else is lamenting the screwings of tax brackets, I will say that I am taking home less now than 2010.  That's pretty friggin' sad. 

Warmsignal

« Reply #9284 on: January 28, 2016, 01:15:54 am »
I've got some major problems with Firefox. I keep having unresponsive script problems that cause it to lag, and eventually bogs my whole computer down. Seems to be happening more frequently too.