Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1595062 times)

tpugmire

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11970 on: August 31, 2016, 01:59:00 pm »
Is Conker's Bad Fur Day stupid, or do I just not get it?  I borrowed it from a friend because I'd heard so much about it, but after wandering around for a hour and not accomplishing anything, I gave up.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11971 on: August 31, 2016, 02:01:47 pm »
^ I'm so there with you. It's toilet-humor for young kids. If that's your thing, then great. But if you have any maturity, then you're probably gonna just roll your eyes at it.

tpugmire

« Reply #11972 on: August 31, 2016, 02:07:00 pm »
I didn't even get to the humor yet. I couldn't get out of the first area, the game is blurry as hell and the controls suck.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11973 on: August 31, 2016, 02:27:25 pm »
Its an alright game, I want it, because its a N64 game, and my buddy wont sell me his copy...... Well i wont pay for how much he wants for it lol.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #11974 on: August 31, 2016, 02:33:56 pm »
I've played the Xbox version some, it's far better as far as controls and graphics. To me it felt like a really well put together Rare platforming game. The humor is what it is, it didn't find anything too terribly annoying about it, but I've heard that it was toned down a bit for Xbox.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11975 on: August 31, 2016, 03:08:49 pm »
I didn't even get to the humor yet. I couldn't get out of the first area, the game is blurry as hell and the controls suck.

In the first area, you're drunk.  I don't remember what you have to do, but that's why it looks like shit and the controls suck. 

I think you have to get to the scarecrow.

The humor hits me right in the wheelhouse.  I'm an idiot though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 03:11:44 pm by turf »

kashell

« Reply #11976 on: August 31, 2016, 03:40:49 pm »
I'm working on a trophy guide for Star Ocean V. It's still in the works, but would anyone be willing to proof-read it when it's finished?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11977 on: August 31, 2016, 04:37:05 pm »
https://gma.yahoo.com/netflix-announces-season-2-stranger-things-heres-expect-150405208--abc-news-tv.html

It's official, Stranger Things is getting renewed! Woo hoo!

Only 9 episodes, though. I know, the first season was only 8. But I thought after the success the first season was, that season 2 would get a full season's worth of episodes. Excited nonetheless!

Warmsignal

« Reply #11978 on: August 31, 2016, 05:44:16 pm »
Is Song of The Deep considered a hard game to find for the PS4? Looks like on eBay most of them are collector's editions. I saw a physical copy at a local store for $13, but it was just a standard copy.

rayne315

« Reply #11979 on: August 31, 2016, 06:30:56 pm »
Is Song of The Deep considered a hard game to find for the PS4? Looks like on eBay most of them are collector's editions. I saw a physical copy at a local store for $13, but it was just a standard copy.

Its published by gamestop so my assumption is it will not be a very hard game to find ever. as for the collectors edition it is just that, a collectors edition so more likely than not you will not find them in gamestops unless you specifically ask. (they will probably throw the book and sleeve away anyway when they get it in)
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #11980 on: September 01, 2016, 02:08:30 pm »
Why is that you always want to believe people are honest when they are begging you for gas money, you fall for it, and then they immediately reveal themselves to be lying, ungrateful junkies?

Gave a dude $5 after I bought into his story then he has the nerve to ask me for the change he saw that I also had. ??? I just gave you more than probably anyone in their right mind should. You'd think bums of all people would have at least some understanding of gratefulness. But no, they seem think you owe them, and basically everything you've got.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:13:41 pm by Warmsignal »

« Reply #11981 on: September 01, 2016, 02:31:46 pm »
I never give anything to homeless people.  I've known homeless people, there are ways to get out of homelessness, you just aren't trying.

Many shelters will help you out, but you gotta try.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11982 on: September 01, 2016, 02:49:42 pm »
Looks good! Looks like Inception meets an invasion storyline.

Premieres in October on USA Network.

desocietas

« Reply #11983 on: September 01, 2016, 02:59:54 pm »
Why is that you always want to believe people are honest when they are begging you for gas money, you fall for it, and then they immediately reveal themselves to be lying, ungrateful junkies?

Gave a dude $5 after I bought into his story then he has the nerve to ask me for the change he saw that I also had. ??? I just gave you more than probably anyone in their right mind should. You'd think bums of all people would have at least some understanding of gratefulness. But no, they seem think you owe them, and basically everything you've got.

I try to avoid giving money but instead offer food if it's available.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11984 on: September 01, 2016, 03:09:11 pm »

I stopped giving money a while ago. Maybe about ten or so years ago, my friend and I were leaving the mall and a woman came up to us and asked for money for the bus. I gave her a few dollars and she gave me the usual "thank you so much" and "God bless you" and such. As we got into the car, we see this woman run around the corner and buy a 40 in a brown paper bag. So much for the bus. Lessons learned.