Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1534923 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15570 on: February 17, 2021, 11:37:40 am »
That sucks about the home warranty. I was gonna ask about that. Do you get snow every year? Is that really an act of God if you do? And it sounds like you did what you were supposed to by turning faucets on. It sounds like a design flaw.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 12:11:10 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #15571 on: February 17, 2021, 11:48:20 am »
That sucks about the home warranty. I was gonna ask about that. Do you get snow every year? Is that really an act of God if you do? And it sounds like you did what you were supposed to by turning faucets on. It sounds like a design flae.
We haven't had snow down here in over 35 years.  We've had snow of some sort twice in the last 30 years, but it was like 70 degrees in the afternoon so it was all gone by lunchtime.  We've had snow sitting out for 3 days now and it sounds like it's going to snow again tonight/tomorrow.

I called the home warranty and asked and they said it's not normal wear and tear and for me to file with my home insurance.  Home insurance already contacted me saying to file a claim because they assume everyone here has damage.  We're fortunate to be one of the few people still with power, but we've been without water for 3 days now and it sounds like we won't be able to get it repaired until next week at the earliest.  We're going to run out of usable non-potable water in a couple of days.  I'm even hearing that the power issues are so bad that some people might be without power for upwards of months.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15572 on: February 17, 2021, 12:22:41 pm »
That sucks about the home warranty. I was gonna ask about that. Do you get snow every year? Is that really an act of God if you do? And it sounds like you did what you were supposed to by turning faucets on. It sounds like a design flae.
We haven't had snow down here in over 35 years.  We've had snow of some sort twice in the last 30 years, but it was like 70 degrees in the afternoon so it was all gone by lunchtime.  We've had snow sitting out for 3 days now and it sounds like it's going to snow again tonight/tomorrow.

I called the home warranty and asked and they said it's not normal wear and tear and for me to file with my home insurance.  Home insurance already contacted me saying to file a claim because they assume everyone here has damage.  We're fortunate to be one of the few people still with power, but we've been without water for 3 days now and it sounds like we won't be able to get it repaired until next week at the earliest.  We're going to run out of usable non-potable water in a couple of days.  I'm even hearing that the power issues are so bad that some people might be without power for upwards of months.

Holy cow. I'm in California with the PG&E issues. So they had planned power shutoffs for days at a time last year. We ended up getting a generator because we got sick of losing our food every time.

You can always melt snow for water. Not ideal, I know, but you won't go thirsy.

« Reply #15573 on: February 17, 2021, 12:56:01 pm »

Holy cow. I'm in California with the PG&E issues. So they had planned power shutoffs for days at a time last year. We ended up getting a generator because we got sick of losing our food every time.

You can always melt snow for water. Not ideal, I know, but you won't go thirsy.
Well, we've been melting snow for non-potable reasons.  I don't know that I'd feel safe drinking snow water even if I boiled it first.

Regardless, my neighbor claims we won't have rolling blackouts because we're on the same grid as the local firestation, don't know if that's true, but I haven't lost power yet.  Neighbor still has water, so was kind enough to offer water.  So I went and filled up 3 1 gallon jugs with water so we have some drinking water worst case.  We've got like 6 gallons of distilled water as well.  At some point I might brave it out to a grocery store for things we've been needing, before it snows again.  We're trying to stock up on non-potable water, but we've been barely keeping up with day to day use that we don't have excess.

« Reply #15574 on: February 17, 2021, 07:40:36 pm »
Kashhhhhhh, did you see Saga Frontier Remaster?

kashell

« Reply #15575 on: February 18, 2021, 08:15:22 am »
Kashhhhhhh, did you see Saga Frontier Remaster?
Oh yeah. Post 15461 on this page:

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,1942.15450.html

But it's nice to see that now there's a release date attached to it.

scott

« Reply #15576 on: February 22, 2021, 11:35:39 pm »
So, I should probably clean up my collection listings. So so very out of date.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15577 on: February 22, 2021, 11:42:28 pm »
So, I should probably clean up my collection listings. So so very out of date.

You build a tool to keep things tidy. Then, you don’t use it. Off to something new.

Good to see you back, ole boy

scott

« Reply #15578 on: February 22, 2021, 11:43:29 pm »
Glad to be back, my man. Felt good talking about all the things.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15579 on: February 22, 2021, 11:45:27 pm »
Glad to be back, my man. Felt good talking about all the things.

And Brown Sauce
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:01:46 am by turf »

scott

« Reply #15580 on: February 22, 2021, 11:52:22 pm »
I couldn't not bring up the brown sauce

Warmsignal

« Reply #15581 on: February 23, 2021, 12:02:18 pm »
Does anyone know if the physical edition of Table Top Racing Nitro Edition is a just a download code contained within the case? I know for sure the Euro version says download code on the cover, but if you look at the NTSC copies, they don't say anything about a download code. Strange that they would omit that notice, given the publisher PlayIt has release download code physical editions before that have the notice on the front.

pzeke

« Reply #15582 on: February 23, 2021, 07:58:21 pm »
Does anyone know if the physical edition of Table Top Racing Nitro Edition is a just a download code contained within the case? I know for sure the Euro version says download code on the cover, but if you look at the NTSC copies, they don't say anything about a download code. Strange that they would omit that notice, given the publisher PlayIt has release download code physical editions before that have the notice on the front.

Seems to be code only according to this article. Someone also asked this over at GameStop and the answer reads, "I just read the fine print. It’s a code in the box".

Hope that helps.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

dhaabi

« Reply #15583 on: February 23, 2021, 10:48:42 pm »

Seems to be code only according to this article. Someone also asked this over at GameStop and the answer reads, "I just read the fine print. It’s a code in the box".

Hope that helps.

Well, there is also definitely a standard cartridge release, from what I can find on eBay. That being said, I haven't been able to find any evidence aside from stock imagery for a Download Code release.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15584 on: February 23, 2021, 11:37:18 pm »

Hope that helps.

Well, there is also definitely a standard cartridge release, from what I can find on eBay. That being said, I haven't been able to find any evidence aside from stock imagery for a Download Code release.

That's the version I purchased, but it's not here yet. Notice the back says the game contains some features that require an online connection and a Nintendo account. However, it fails to mention you will need an online connection to install the game.