Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1568289 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1545 on: February 09, 2014, 05:46:00 pm »
The worst part of all these glitched half-finished games of our current generation is that in 10 years from now if you pick up one of these games and try to play it you will be out of luck. Unless the company releases a revised version of the game through retail there are numerous games that are going to be unplayable in the future because updates won't be available any longer.

That and DRM are the 2 things I dread the most for when the current generation will be ~20 years old. It's gonna be unplayable but not because it physically can't, just because poor decisions were made. That kills me  :-\

scott

« Reply #1546 on: February 10, 2014, 04:11:43 pm »
Yup, and that's why I'll never back digital only gaming for consoles.

PC games, you can generally find the patches online if you need to.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #1547 on: February 10, 2014, 04:38:57 pm »
I think I should get back to work on my GBA covers. I just wish I had my desktop to work on, I really don't like using my laptop for graphic design. The monitor color is always slightly off.

foxhack

« Reply #1548 on: February 10, 2014, 05:24:56 pm »
I'm trying to offload some of my PS2 games on facebook...

Mexicans are cheap. Stingy. :P

90snostalga

« Reply #1549 on: February 10, 2014, 05:44:08 pm »
I was looking forward to the release of "Watch Dogs" on the Wii U in June; however, they announced today that Watch Dogs will not release on the Wii U at the same time as the other consoles  :(  Who knows how long it will take to come out now compared to other Nintendo games.

karyann

« Reply #1550 on: February 10, 2014, 07:11:53 pm »
I was looking forward to the release of "Watch Dogs" on the Wii U in June; however, they announced today that Watch Dogs will not release on the Wii U at the same time as the other consoles  :(  Who knows how long it will take to come out now compared to other Nintendo games.

Wait, so you're telling me that after holding out on Rayman Legends for Wii U, when it was finished, to release it on all consoles at the same time, now they will release it on everything but the Wii U until this one's finished? Ubisoft are great game makers and I love them, but seriously, the company's decision-maker suck.  :-\

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1551 on: February 10, 2014, 07:31:29 pm »

Wait, so you're telling me that after holding out on Rayman Legends for Wii U, when it was finished, to release it on all consoles at the same time, now they will release it on everything but the Wii U until this one's finished? Ubisoft are great game makers and I love them, but seriously, the company's decision-maker suck.  :-\

It's a damn shame Ubisoft won't extend Nintendo fans the same curtsy. First we get shafted by not having the option to get a Collector's Edition on the Wii U, then they delay the Wii U version and not the others, Next they will complain about poor sales on Wii U on a game that let's face it by that time most people would already have on another console if they wanted to play that game so badly. I can tell you even if I did have a PS4 you won't be seeing me picking up this game on that the Wii U, PS3, 360, or the PC

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1552 on: February 10, 2014, 08:41:47 pm »
DAMMNIT! My Spyro: Year of the Dragon save disappeared!  >:(

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1553 on: February 11, 2014, 02:03:01 am »
Yup, and that's why I'll never back digital only gaming for consoles.

PC games, you can generally find the patches online if you need to.
THAT SUCKS!

I was thinking of transitioning to digital purchases because there are no longer manuals with certain current-generation video games (PS4, Vita, and XB1).

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #1554 on: February 11, 2014, 04:48:45 am »

It's a damn shame Ubisoft won't extend Nintendo fans the same curtsy. First we get shafted by not having the option to get a Collector's Edition on the Wii U, then they delay the Wii U version and not the others, Next they will complain about poor sales on Wii U on a game that let's face it by that time most people would already have on another console if they wanted to play that game so badly. I can tell you even if I did have a PS4 you won't be seeing me picking up this game on that the Wii U, PS3, 360, or the PC

You got it.  It goes to other systems first.  Remember all the pre-orders for Watch Dogs a few months back accidentally got cancelled for the Wii U.  Now the push back.  I think next is the game is not coming out for the Wii U.

Here is the GameSpot article:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-on-wii-u-will-not-launch-alongside-xbox-one-and-ps4-versions/1100-6417640/

scott

« Reply #1555 on: February 11, 2014, 11:33:26 am »
Ugh. I wish on slow days that I had Photoshop to play in at work.

karyann

« Reply #1556 on: February 11, 2014, 11:56:51 am »
Well, I just wrote to Nintendo to ask what the hell I should do. I'll try real hard to make this simple:

My parents bought a Wii U at launch. I created an NNID on it, but NNIDs are linked to the console. I moved with my boyfriend, we got our own Wii U, I'm stuck and can't access the games I bought on my parents' console. I called customer support last summer and asked for an NNID transfer, they said there would eventually be an application to make transfers easy in the future. I left it at that.

Now, I really want to play the Bravery Default demo with the bonus stuff, and of course use the Pokébank too, but now it's mandatory to have an NNID on the 3DS to download from the e-shop. I would link my existing NNID, but if I can never access it again on Wii U, it would suck if I had different NNIDs on my 3DS and Wii U. But at the same time, I don't really want to create a new NNID (and hence a new username, ugh...), start over all my Miiverse posts, and never have my games again (virtual console only, but still...).

So I just wrote them all this, asking what I should do now. I really hope they will answer soon, and with an answer that will let me keep my old stuff... Let's see how it goes.  :-\

bobster

« Reply #1557 on: February 11, 2014, 12:21:02 pm »
Well, I just wrote to Nintendo to ask what the hell I should do. I'll try real hard to make this simple:

My parents bought a Wii U at launch. I created an NNID on it, but NNIDs are linked to the console. I moved with my boyfriend, we got our own Wii U, I'm stuck and can't access the games I bought on my parents' console. I called customer support last summer and asked for an NNID transfer, they said there would eventually be an application to make transfers easy in the future. I left it at that.

Now, I really want to play the Bravery Default demo with the bonus stuff, and of course use the Pokébank too, but now it's mandatory to have an NNID on the 3DS to download from the e-shop. I would link my existing NNID, but if I can never access it again on Wii U, it would suck if I had different NNIDs on my 3DS and Wii U. But at the same time, I don't really want to create a new NNID (and hence a new username, ugh...), start over all my Miiverse posts, and never have my games again (virtual console only, but still...).

So I just wrote them all this, asking what I should do now. I really hope they will answer soon, and with an answer that will let me keep my old stuff... Let's see how it goes.  :-\
From what I know, you've done the right thing so far. It sounds like you haven't made a new NNID on your personal Wii U, so that's good. From what I've seen and read, there is a way to transfer NNIDs between two Wii Us. If they haven't created a transfer utility yet, it looks like you can do a system format on the original Wii U and that'll release the NNID from the original, which you can then use on the new Wii U.

As for the 3DS, you can use the same NNID for Wii U and 3DS no problem. I'm sure others can confirm this as well.

For the transfer, you may want to wait to hear back from Nintendo if you don't feel comfortable with the system format.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #1558 on: February 11, 2014, 12:22:23 pm »
Wait. You get special stuff for playing the Bravely Default demo?

bobster

« Reply #1559 on: February 11, 2014, 12:30:33 pm »
Wait. You get special stuff for playing the Bravely Default demo?
Nothing you can't live without, but yes.

GAMEPLAY REWARDS

Played demo version:

Antidote x2
Eye Drops x2
Echo Herbs x2

Norende Fully Restored: (Upgrade all buildings to level 3)

Bronze Bangle x1
Phoenix Down x2

MINI-BOSS REWARDS

Melusine Defeated:

Potion x3
Hi-Potion x1

Adamantite Shell Defeated:

Rod x1
Ether x1

Minotaur Defeated:

Staff x1
Ether x1

BOSS REWARDS:

Dragon Defeated:

Bronze Helm x1
Leather Armor x1

Automaton Defeated:

Broadsword x1
Buckler x1

VILLAGER BONUS

You can transfer villagers gained (both given and streetpassed) to the full version of the game. However, only 20 villagers can be transferred.
Currently Playing: The Witcher