Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670989 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1665 on: February 22, 2014, 09:18:25 pm »
Heh a DQ record. Ive seen a few on Ebay but never actually seen someone playing one. :)

anruiukimi

« Reply #1666 on: February 22, 2014, 09:36:38 pm »
I have II and III. I need I and the orchestrated album (much rarer) and I'll call it on the records. I don't really want the oddball 45s.  :P

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1667 on: February 23, 2014, 04:26:52 pm »
Final Fantasy VII HD-remake?  Old news.  Never going to happen.

How about Secret Of Evermore?!  I love games with animal companions, anthropomorphic or otherwise.  Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Legend Of Heroes, Chrono Trigger...  Good times.

You ever play PRIMAL (PS2, iirc)?
Sorry, I can't name EVERY game with awesome companions but I'm glad you brought Primal to my attention.  I am only capable of naming ones that I know and, in my opinion, are at least great games with awesome companions.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1668 on: February 24, 2014, 09:24:48 am »
Something awesome very well could happen today. I don't want to jinx it, but keep your fingers crossed.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1669 on: February 24, 2014, 10:01:50 am »
Final Fantasy VII HD-remake?  Old news.  Never going to happen.

How about Secret Of Evermore?!  I love games with animal companions, anthropomorphic or otherwise.  Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Legend Of Heroes, Chrono Trigger...  Good times.

You ever play PRIMAL (PS2, iirc)?
Sorry, I can't name EVERY game with awesome companions but I'm glad you brought Primal to my attention.  I am only capable of naming ones that I know and, in my opinion, are at least great games with awesome companions.

Three more, if you haven't played them already would be:

Okami, ICO, and the Shadow of the Collossus   ;D

And...if we're being optimistic here... The Last Guardian FTW, baby!  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #1670 on: February 24, 2014, 01:15:09 pm »
The new video card will be here tomorrow!  Can't wait to load up some Team Fortress 2!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #1671 on: February 24, 2014, 01:42:16 pm »
Harold Ramis nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;_;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/26327020

scott

« Reply #1672 on: February 24, 2014, 01:56:55 pm »
I just heard about it too. So saddening. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

sin2beta

« Reply #1673 on: February 24, 2014, 06:37:47 pm »
So, I just found out that Bionic Commando is about the resurrection of Hitler. It was originally titled Revival of Hitler: Top Secret. The exploding Hitler head makes more sense without the censorship.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1674 on: February 24, 2014, 08:03:48 pm »

But...they were still gonna make Ghostbusters 3. I just read about it a couple months ago. It was supposed to be about them passing the torch to the next group of Ghostbusters. They were just having trouble getting Bill Murray without him asking a huge salary.

Man, this sucks.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1675 on: February 24, 2014, 08:05:26 pm »
So, I just found out that Bionic Commando is about the resurrection of Hitler. It was originally titled Revival of Hitler: Top Secret. The exploding Hitler head makes more sense without the censorship.

Never beat it, did you?

The ending pretty much spells it out, other than changing his name from Hitler, the guy looks just like him.

sin2beta

« Reply #1676 on: February 24, 2014, 08:19:56 pm »

Never beat it, did you?

The ending pretty much spells it out, other than changing his name from Hitler, the guy looks just like him.

Never beat it? Never played it until now. That's how I found out. I did play a GBC version back in the day. But I don't remember it too well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1677 on: February 24, 2014, 08:32:50 pm »

Never beat it, did you?

Never beat it? Never played it until now. That's how I found out. I did play a GBC version back in the day. But I don't remember it too well.

How did you like it?

It's one of my favorite NES games of all-time. An action-platforming masterpiece, IMO, with some damn memorable chip-tunes.

But being that you're playing it for the first time in 2014, it'd be interesting to hear what you thought about it.

sin2beta

« Reply #1678 on: February 24, 2014, 09:31:51 pm »

Never beat it, did you?

How did you like it?

It's one of my favorite NES games of all-time. An action-platforming masterpiece, IMO, with some damn memorable chip-tunes.

But being that you're playing it for the first time in 2014, it'd be interesting to hear what you thought about it.

After playing it, it would be one of the best NES games. It's definitely top 50 of the system. Possibly top 25. It's a classic Capcom 8-bit platformer, which is a good thing. I really liked it.

foxhack

« Reply #1679 on: February 24, 2014, 09:39:24 pm »

But...they were still gonna make Ghostbusters 3. I just read about it a couple months ago. It was supposed to be about them passing the torch to the next group of Ghostbusters. They were just having trouble getting Bill Murray without him asking a huge salary.

Man, this sucks.

But Ghostbusters III already exists - in the form of Ghostbusters: The Video Game. It's canon with the movies.

Plus the IDW comic series was also canon with the movies and followed up on what happened after the game (hint: The Rookie didn't fare so well. But the stories WERE written by true GB fans. And even Belushi fans.)

http://www.foxhack.net/2011/10/03/john-belushi-lives-on-in-ray-stantz-dreams-and-other-tidbits/