Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671060 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2100 on: April 18, 2014, 04:11:26 pm »
I think the one that I picked up a few weeks ago said "Issue #8" on it -and- yeah, not bad for a freebie!

How are you doing this afternoon Disgaeniac?

Jolly good 90's; you?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2101 on: April 18, 2014, 04:29:57 pm »
I love the PS1 startup sound so much...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2102 on: April 18, 2014, 09:46:35 pm »
I love the PS1 startup sound so much...

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. They were really trying to show off that new-fangled CD-ROM tech.

foxhack

« Reply #2103 on: April 19, 2014, 12:40:07 am »
Ugh, anyone live in a state where they don't charge sales tax for buying stuff online? California's stupid sale taxes are making buying computer parts harder than I want. :\

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2104 on: April 19, 2014, 12:46:01 am »
What site are you buying the parts from and I'll then check if I am able help you out.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

foxhack

« Reply #2105 on: April 19, 2014, 12:53:49 am »
What site are you buying the parts from and I'll then check if I am able help you out.

Amazon and Newegg are my two main sources. Mostly because I get stuff sent to me from a few hours North. :p

90snostalga

« Reply #2106 on: April 19, 2014, 08:41:47 am »
I think the one that I picked up a few weeks ago said "Issue #8" on it -and- yeah, not bad for a freebie!

How are you doing this afternoon Disgaeniac?

Jolly good 90's; you?

Ok I guess. I got to conversate with a sister of mine that I haven't spoke to in a while and it did feel good to speak to her. I missed her.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2107 on: April 19, 2014, 08:58:51 am »
Nice.

I don't get to see/talk to my little (by 14 months) sister as much as I'd like to either...

« Reply #2108 on: April 19, 2014, 09:55:54 am »
Disappointing me, Flea Market.  Almost no new garage sale folks there today, just empty as hell.  I don't remember the last time I saw it so empty, just the same sellers selling the same crap they had before.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2109 on: April 19, 2014, 01:42:41 pm »
Amazon and Newegg are my two main sources. Mostly because I get stuff sent to me from a few hours North. :p
I'm in Washington and I haven't yet been taxed buying there.  Hopefully, that won't change.  PM me, if interested.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #2110 on: April 20, 2014, 07:47:35 am »
@  disgaeniac, I guess I will end up having to order Atelier Rorona on Ebay because none of the 15 Gamestops I have gone to since you recommended it have had it in stock.  But everyone has ATelier Mururu.  I want to start with that first one.  You did a great job of hyping that game up  8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2111 on: April 20, 2014, 10:03:52 am »
@  disgaeniac, I guess I will end up having to order Atelier Rorona on Ebay because none of the 15 Gamestops I have gone to since you recommended it have had it in stock.  But everyone has ATelier Mururu.  I want to start with that first one.  You did a great job of hyping that game up  8)

IIRC, I was more "hyping" the series than Rorona itself!

Honestly, IMO, (for the Arland Triliogy) ==> Meruru > Totori > Rorona.

I'd say that they're all pretty equal story-wise -but- (like w/ most series); you'll find more streamlining, tweaking, conveniences, and quality-of-life improvememnts, mechanics-wise as the series grows.

I still enjoyed Rorona.

The main complaint that I've heard about it though is about the time-management aspect of the game...it is 'stricter' (which, IMO, isn't all that strict - once you know what you're doing) than Totori & Meruru.

If you get stuck, don't hesitate to check a guide and/or talk to me  8)

Let me know when you start playing it!

btw - you playing it on the Vita or the PS3...(I think that  the Vita version had a little additional content added); I've only played it on the PS3.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2112 on: April 20, 2014, 10:05:13 am »
In other news -

Shipping confirmations received for all Demon's Gaze LE pre-orders  ;D

anruiukimi

« Reply #2113 on: April 20, 2014, 04:42:32 pm »
Record Store Day worked out well, considering I didn't get in until the afternoon! Between my dad and I:

The Everly Brothers - Roots
Dean Martin - Dream with Dean
Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys - Transcriptions
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - Glorious Results of a Misspent Youth

...and one 45: Link Wray - Slinky

Watching a few auctions to try and get the CCR record and the Johnny Cash record, which were sold out when I got in, but still, a good haul! :)

90snostalga

« Reply #2114 on: April 20, 2014, 04:47:25 pm »

IIRC, I was more "hyping" the series than Rorona itself!

Honestly, IMO, (for the Arland Triliogy) ==> Meruru > Totori > Rorona.

I'd say that they're all pretty equal story-wise -but- (like w/ most series); you'll find more streamlining, tweaking, conveniences, and quality-of-life improvememnts, mechanics-wise as the series grows.

I still enjoyed Rorona.

The main complaint that I've heard about it though is about the time-management aspect of the game...it is 'stricter' (which, IMO, isn't all that strict - once you know what you're doing) than Totori & Meruru.

If you get stuck, don't hesitate to check a guide and/or talk to me  8)

Let me know when you start playing it!

btw - you playing it on the Vita or the PS3...(I think that  the Vita version had a little additional content added); I've only played it on the PS3.

I dont have a Vita so I would be playing them on PS3.  There is more than those 3 right? 

Let me ask you this as well.  What is it about the series that really drew you to it?  What made you the most excited about the games?

And is Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk apart of the same series?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 04:50:01 pm by 90snostalga »