Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517443 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3090 on: August 03, 2014, 01:24:48 pm »
I'm pretty sure Shallie is the last of them. But, since they seem to be better than the Arland games, they might have a fourth in store for us.

I got Iksel's and Sterk's ending. Up next are the Good and Bad endings, and then I'll finally be able to focus on making money and pie.

90snostalga

« Reply #3091 on: August 03, 2014, 03:14:54 pm »
@Disgaeniac, I'm jumping on the Rorona train. I'm about to give it a try and see if its something I can enjoy  :)

Actually, scratch this. Looks like I'm calling Sony in the morning. I've only used my ps3 a few times since getting it brand new back in December. I played red deaf redemption, white knight on it and watched one blu ray movie on it. Put Atelier Rorona in it and as soon as it loaded it said "system wad not shut down properly" so then it shut off immediately within seconds. Turn it back on and I can the green light but no display on my tv at all. After 15 seconds, it shuts itself off and the red stand by light won't come on. I'm very frustrated right now. Within a year, and already problems.

Sorry to hear that - that really sucks.

The "wasn't shut off properly" message  isn't necessarily, in itself, a big deal; & what you're describing doesn't really sound like a YLoD.

I get that message at least once a week and usually - just shutting everything off & then holding the power button down continuously long enough for the system to turn itself on & off again fixes it...

well, I called Sony and they did some troubleshooting steps with me and those did not work. They sending me a box to send it back to them for repair. He asked if I wanted extend warranty for only 25, I told him that if my system keeps malfuncting within two years then I'm just not getting a ps4 lol.  My one friend I have outside of vg collect has the exact same issue but his is out of warranty.

kashell

« Reply #3092 on: August 03, 2014, 05:48:44 pm »
Only two endings left!!

Warmsignal

« Reply #3093 on: August 03, 2014, 07:38:00 pm »
Did anyone else happen to go, or think about going to this year's first annual Power Up Retro Game convention in Huntington, WV?

It was a humble start. Hope to see it grow over the years.

90snostalga

« Reply #3094 on: August 03, 2014, 10:16:55 pm »
@Disgaeniac, I'm jumping on the Rorona train. I'm about to give it a try and see if its something I can enjoy  :)

Actually, scratch this. Looks like I'm calling Sony in the morning. I've only used my ps3 a few times since getting it brand new back in December. I played red deaf redemption, white knight on it and watched one blu ray movie on it. Put Atelier Rorona in it and as soon as it loaded it said "system wad not shut down properly" so then it shut off immediately within seconds. Turn it back on and I can the green light but no display on my tv at all. After 15 seconds, it shuts itself off and the red stand by light won't come on. I'm very frustrated right now. Within a year, and already problems.

The "wasn't shut off properly" message  isn't necessarily, in itself, a big deal; & what you're describing doesn't really sound like a YLoD.

I get that message at least once a week and usually - just shutting everything off & then holding the power button down continuously long enough for the system to turn itself on & off again fixes it...

Do you know why you get the message once a week?  Is there a specific way to turn off the console maybe?  It seems like a very sensitive system

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3095 on: August 04, 2014, 07:52:41 am »

Do you know why you get the message once a week?  Is there a specific way to turn off the console maybe?  It seems like a very sensitive system

Usually when something freezes & you can't shut it off w/ the controller - I get that message when I turn it back on.

Which 2 did you save for last KASH?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #3096 on: August 04, 2014, 10:59:31 am »
I think that I've already mentioned that Escha + Logy is my least favorite of the PS3 Atelier games.

That doesn't make it a "bad" game though...just every series (even of good things) *must* have a 'best' (read: favorite) & a worst (read: least favorite).

For me, what I dislike the most & what differentiates it the most is the 2 protagonist thing.

Now, I think that this could have been used in a way that I liked -but- when both stories are >95% identical - it makes me wish that I was playing a more epic & focused 1- character game like the rest of them.

Also, having character specific trophies (including an ending trophy for each of them) pretty much forces you to do & see everything twice...maybe w/ a few lines of dialogue changed if you want the platinum  >:(

I feel very similar about Folklore.  That's a fantastic game, but I actually think the 2-protagonist thing hurts it for very similar reasons.  Mainly, there just isn't enough difference gameplay-wise between the two.  Heck, the 3 protagonists in Suikoden 3 killed that game for me, I couldn't stand to finish it because I felt like I was playing through Groundhog Day: The Video Game.  :P 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3097 on: August 04, 2014, 02:26:00 pm »
WHAT?! I'VE GOT TO HAVE THIS!!!

Monopoly: Legend of Zelda Edition, releases September 15th:

https://games.yahoo.com/photos/monopoly-legend-of-zelda-edition-1407174970-slideshow/

karyann

« Reply #3098 on: August 04, 2014, 02:31:04 pm »
90s and Kenny, do you have the Fat models? I've never had this problem / heard of it from my friends, and we all own Slim models (the first slim, not the "super slim"). I'm curious as to if that's another "fat" problem  ???

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3099 on: August 04, 2014, 02:51:37 pm »
90s and Kenny, do you have the Fat models? I've never had this problem / heard of it from my friends, and we all own Slim models (the first slim, not the "super slim"). I'm curious as to if that's another "fat" problem  ???

I have both a launch fat model (currently my back-up/spare PS3) & one of the 1st (non super) slims that's been my main system (and seen A LOT of use) over the last year and a half, or so.

I *was* having this happen & getting this message every week -but- since I've taken Greg's advice by buying & installing that WiFi-booster kit (and, now having both my active PS3 & my PS4 with "wired" Internet connections - where they both had wireless connections before); the problem of the frequent freezing seems to have stopped.

So, I think that in my case at least - the weak & shitty Internet signal that I was getting was the main source & cause of my problems.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #3100 on: August 04, 2014, 03:56:31 pm »

I have both a launch fat model (currently my back-up/spare PS3) & one of the 1st (non super) slims that's been my main system (and seen A LOT of use) over the last year and a half, or so.

I *was* having this happen & getting this message every week -but- since I've taken Greg's advice by buying & installing that WiFi-booster kit (and, now having both my active PS3 & my PS4 with "wired" Internet connections - where they both had wireless connections before); the problem of the frequent freezing seems to have stopped.

So, I think that in my case at least - the weak & shitty Internet signal that I was getting was the main source & cause of my problems.

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty bummed. I just received a 1019 blocks Gamecube memory card that I won on ebay, and the seller said it's 100% functional. But it's not at all, all save files instantly corrupt the moment they are created. It's completely unusable. Neither my GC nor Wii prompt the format option. The seller says on the item description that he accepts returns and refunds, but won't pay for shipping/return shipping, so I'm not interested in sending it back ($10 for the card, $10 for the original shipping [realised later that this was way overpriced, would probably cost 3-4$ to ship], then 3-4$ for me to ship, that means it'll have cost me $14 for receiving then sending back a useless piece of plastic and metal).  >:(

I'll try contacting him to see what he offers to do, and hope.  :-\

90snostalga

« Reply #3101 on: August 04, 2014, 04:36:45 pm »

I actually have the super slim 500 GB kind. Just got it in December. I've never used mine for the internet ever tho just for gaming and one movie. Reading a lot of reviews has me to believe that this a defect. Its really making me hesitate on getting a ps4 tho. I'm super upset about it.

scott

« Reply #3102 on: August 04, 2014, 05:18:37 pm »
I've never had a single issue with my PS4, which I've had since launch. I've also never had an issue with my PS3. But PS2s on the other hand I've gone through 3 of them. Then again, my PS2 gets and has gotten a lot more play time than either of the PS3 and PS4 combined.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

kashell

« Reply #3103 on: August 04, 2014, 06:26:11 pm »
Whew! I did it. I finally got the platinum in Atelier Rorona. The last two endings I needed were Pie and Millionaire. However, the last two trophies I got were Hom Level 50 and the Millionaire. Getting the Pie Ending was easier than I thought. I'd say that has been my favorite ending. It's really gratifying to see Rorona, Totori, Meruru and Ayesha all lined up with 100% completion. I think the Atelier series is easily in my top 5 video game series' of all time.

Now I can focus on non-gaming stuff until Tales of Xillia 2 comes out. ^___^

argyle

« Reply #3104 on: August 04, 2014, 11:48:53 pm »
Whew! I did it. I finally got the platinum in Atelier Rorona. The last two endings I needed were Pie and Millionaire. However, the last two trophies I got were Hom Level 50 and the Millionaire. Getting the Pie Ending was easier than I thought. I'd say that has been my favorite ending. It's really gratifying to see Rorona, Totori, Meruru and Ayesha all lined up with 100% completion. I think the Atelier series is easily in my top 5 video game series' of all time.

Now I can focus on non-gaming stuff until Tales of Xillia 2 comes out. ^___^

I bow to your mad platting skills.  It's not just how many you have, it's WHAT they are!  :o

EDIT: Everyone, vote for my pic in the Sony contest.   ;D

http://greatnessawaits.gamermasterpiece.com/#gallery/medium/12703
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:04:36 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis