Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663587 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6435 on: March 14, 2015, 06:35:52 pm »
I just gotta say, NO ONE does characters like the Tales Of... team. From cutscenes to skits to the way they interact after a battle, you just absolutely fall in love with them and no one ever feels like a "filler" character. It's always very difficult for me to choose who I want in my active party.  ;D

Gotta agree with you! Even though I haven't played many Tales Of yet, the ones that I did, I always love all characters.  :)

kashell

« Reply #6436 on: March 14, 2015, 07:57:40 pm »
I just gotta say, NO ONE does characters like the Tales Of... team. From cutscenes to skits to the way they interact after a battle, you just absolutely fall in love with them and no one ever feels like a "filler" character. It's always very difficult for me to choose who I want in my active party.  ;D

I feel the EXACT same way and have the EXACT same problem. Although, I will say I'm partial to Leia in Xillia and Xillia 2 because she literally flies through the battlefield and takes the enemies with her.

I'm more of a Milla fan myself, it was her story that I played in Xillia (still haven't gone back to do my Jude run yet...).

Milla is unstoppable in Xillia. She can cast powerful spells while levitating in the air. They toned her down a bit in Xillia 2, but she's also really fun to use. Even Elise and Muzet are fun to use, and they're the typical "mage" build.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6437 on: March 15, 2015, 07:31:53 am »
 :P

"Noire doesn't know it...but, this is still MY game; she just got a logo"

- Neptune

;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6438 on: March 15, 2015, 05:50:34 pm »
:P

"Noire doesn't know it...but, this is still MY game; she just got a logo"

- Neptune

;D

I can already tell I'm going to enjoy this. XD

argyle

« Reply #6439 on: March 15, 2015, 11:21:36 pm »
Hey Kash - I just got Gaius in my party in Xillia 2 (hopefully that's not a spoiler, I can't figure out how to spoiler tag here :-\ ). About how far would you say I am in the main story?  Still loving it, just curious. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #6440 on: March 16, 2015, 08:28:55 am »
Hey Kash - I just got Gaius in my party in Xillia 2 (hopefully that's not a spoiler, I can't figure out how to spoiler tag here :-\ ). About how far would you say I am in the main story?  Still loving it, just curious. :)

Nah, that's not a spoiler. He's on the game's front and back cover, on the strategy guide, etc. I'd say you're about half-way done with the main quest. Gaius has his own side-chapters, if you're interested in doing those.

FYI, Gaius is a beast. He has some of the most powerful skills and Link Artes. His Sephiroth sized sword has fantastic reach and he swings it like a miniature golf club. I won't say he breaks the game because this isn't the first Xillia, but I always find myself putting him in my party when I am in unfamiliar territory or I'm fighting harder enemies.

I'm so glad you're still enjoying it. The next character you get will give you even more tough decisions for your final party. Seriously, these characters are fantastic.

kashell

« Reply #6441 on: March 16, 2015, 10:48:17 am »
Well, color me surprised.

The translation patch for the PlayStation 3 version of Tales of Vesperia is complete. The bad news? You'd have to risk destroying your system in order to play it. You need to install homebrew and then do some other things in order to properly load the patch. Also, it looks like you can't sync your trophies. I look at this news with mixed feelings.

Tales of Vesperia is fantastic. It's one of the games I recommend that folks play if they're interested in the series. The PS3 version is the better of the two, even if the localized version on the 360 is still packed to the top with content. The idea of a patch is great because ToV is one of the more wordy games in the series.

On the other hand, this patch just feels like too much risk vs. reward. I'd love to play the game in my native language, but I can play the game normally without it and chance my PS3 becoming a fancy paper weight.

For those interested, check out talesofvesperia.net. If anything, the completed patch gives me hope that maybe Tales of Rebirth or Tales of Destiny DC will get their own finished patches.

abe

« Reply #6442 on: March 16, 2015, 11:08:28 am »

The translation patch for the PlayStation 3 version of Tales of Vesperia is complete. The bad news? You'd have to risk destroying your system in order to play it. You need to install homebrew and then do some other things in order to properly load the patch. Also, it looks like you can't sync your trophies. I look at this news with mixed feelings.

Tales of Vesperia is fantastic. It's one of the games I recommend that folks play if they're interested in the series. The PS3 version is the better of the two, even if the localized version on the 360 is still packed to the top with content. The idea of a patch is great because ToV is one of the more wordy games in the series.

On the other hand, this patch just feels like too much risk vs. reward. I'd love to play the game in my native language, but I can play the game normally without it and chance my PS3 becoming a fancy paper weight.

For those interested, check out talesofvesperia.net. If anything, the completed patch gives me hope that maybe Tales of Rebirth or Tales of Destiny DC will get their own finished patches.

Don't forget, there's always the script browser if you don't want to modify your PS3, but want to play the PS3 version.
http://apps.lushu.org/vesperia/
It might not be ideal, but it's not a terrible option either. It'll probably be what I use when I finally get around to playing my copy. Plus, this way you'll still get your trophies. :)

I just noticed this one as well: http://hyouta.com/vesperia/

A combination of the two would probably be the most helpful for playing through it without the patch.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:14:13 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #6443 on: March 16, 2015, 11:22:52 am »

Don't forget, there's always the script browser if you don't want to modify your PS3, but want to play the PS3 version.
http://apps.lushu.org/vesperia/
It might not be ideal, but it's not a terrible option either. It'll probably be what I use when I finally get around to playing my copy. Plus, this way you'll still get your trophies. :)

I just noticed this one as well: http://hyouta.com/vesperia/

A combination of the two would probably be the most helpful for playing through it without the patch.

These are great! Thanks for the links.

I know some Japanese and can sort of "get by" when it comes to playing an RPG, but this will help fill any blanks if I go this route.

kashell

« Reply #6444 on: March 16, 2015, 11:30:47 am »
Pardon the double post, but I had to share this. I died twice from laughter.

http://i.imgur.com/xbDcr6P.jpg

argyle

« Reply #6445 on: March 16, 2015, 11:39:23 am »
I'm still holding out hope that we'll get a PS4 port of Vesperia. I know the word was that there was no Western release of it on the PS3 due to some agreement signed w/ M$, but I'm sure that didn't carry past last gen. With the newfound success the franchise has been having, it would certainly make sense for them to do that.

And I'm being pretty methodical in playing Xillia 2. Before I progress the story I complete all the side-stories and jobs I can. So I'll definitely be doing Gaius' side chapters as well.  I'm actually rethinking going for the plat, since it looks like this is one of the few Tales Of games that doesn't require a second playthrough to get it. I'd like to find a trophy guide actually based on the localized version tho, all I've seen so far has been written based off of the Japanese version.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

kashell

« Reply #6446 on: March 16, 2015, 11:54:24 am »
Very cool. If you want, I can give you some tips and tricks that will make the platinum easier.

abe

« Reply #6447 on: March 16, 2015, 11:55:42 am »
Pardon the double post, but I had to share this. I died twice from laughter.

http://i.imgur.com/xbDcr6P.jpg

The error part with NIS America was funny but too true. :'( For some reason the patch for Disgaea 4 on the PS3 breaks the game rather than fixing it and I'm currently having troubles with the PSP version of Disgaea 2 too. :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6448 on: March 16, 2015, 11:58:54 am »
Hahaha!

I thought that it was cool when the Neptunia series started branching-out into other genres; like music (Producing Perfection) which, I have, but...haven't played yet & SRPG's  like (Hyperdevotion Noire) which, I'm currently playing & enjoying...

*but*

somehow - this one slipped by me  :-\

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RUZPKRQ/ref=s9_newr_gw_d0_g63_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=19XBQTYSJQDRJ09NR1TT&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

My prediction?

kashy's gonna be ALL sorts of over this one  :P

(one day early), but:

Happy

Awakened Fate Ultimatum

day to the rest of y'all  ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:01:34 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #6449 on: March 16, 2015, 12:06:18 pm »
Very cool. If you want, I can give you some tips and tricks that will make the platinum easier.

Definitely! :D

Hahaha!

I thought that it was cool when the Neptunia series started branching-out into other genres; like music (Producing Perfection) which, I have, but...haven't played yet & SRPG's  like (Hyperdevotion Noire) which, I'm currently playing & enjoying...

*but*

somehow - this one slipped by me  :-\

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RUZPKRQ/ref=s9_newr_gw_d0_g63_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=19XBQTYSJQDRJ09NR1TT&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

My prediction?

kashy's gonna be ALL sorts of over this one  :P

(one day early), but:

Happy

Awakened Fate Ultimatum

day to the rest of y'all  ;)

I'm really looking forward to that Neptunia game too Kenny - anything Dynasty Warriors-esque automatically piques my interest. Of course, right now I'm trying to find a copy of Re;birth 1 so I can get into the series proper.

And Happy Awakened Fate Ultimatum day to you too! Did you stick w/ the standard edition or change your mind & get the LE?