Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1665133 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6960 on: April 26, 2015, 05:24:42 pm »
!!!Long-ass rant warning!!!

Okay, so it looks like Silent Hills has pretty much been cancelled. You know, the game that could've re-invigorated both the Silent Hill franchise and the Survival Horror genre as a whole? Yeah. That one.
Bloody Konami. First they remove Hideo Kojima, whose work was pretty much keeping their company afloat and was a gaming hero for many. Obviously Kojima was working on the new Silent Hills project so that raised some concerns but now Guillermo Del Toro has pretty much confirmed that it's gone. Also, P.T. is leaving the PS Store so download it while you still can.
But, the worst part? The part that really cheeses me (and probably a lot of other devoted fans) off? The series it seems they are mainly focusing on right now is PES. That's right - Pro-Evolution-Sodding-Soccer. A sports game that will always be overshadowed by FIFA regardless. What the...?! Getting rid of the person who was practically the face of your company (Meaning that future Metal Gear games beyond Phantom Pain will likely be subpar at best) and killing off the game that millions of gamers were looking forward to buying and playing and could have re-invigorated one of your best-loved franchises.... and focusing on... PES..? I don't know but that seems like pretty crappy business practise to me.  Another gaming company has gone down the route of money>games and it's really saddening, especially to think that it's entirely possible that other gaming companies could do this as well - imagine TakeTwo dropping Rockstar or, say, Square Enix cancelling the new Deus Ex and promoting Kane and Lynch 3 or something. (Okay I know they're exaggerated examples but you get my drift.) Anyway, rant over now. Congratulations if you read the whole thing!

I had a feeling this would happen, honestly. Konami sans Kojima is like Capcom sans Inafune: it's going to desperately grab for air but end up being a sinking disappointment.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6961 on: April 26, 2015, 05:34:09 pm »
While there is absolutely no doubt of both of those creator's legendary status, I still think that you guys may be placing too much importance on individuals.

It's just like any other company. MGM didn't fold when Clark Gable left. Marvel didn't fold when Jack Kirby left. WWF didn't fold when Hulk Hogan left. Nor did MCA fold when Elvis died. Companies and industries go on after great talent leaves. That is, if they use the money and influence they have while they can to recruit new good talent to fill the void. If they fail that, then yeah, doors may be closing.

« Reply #6962 on: April 26, 2015, 06:24:21 pm »
I just finished sorting/organizing/auditing my collection with spreadsheets (and it turns out that I have 10 more games than I had on my collection here), and I'm officially 9 games away from my first 1000! ;D I just need to decide what my 1000th will be...

You need to get a rare, high quality game for number 1000.  I think Madden 95 would be a good choice.

My friends want this to be #1000. :P

I don't even smoke, they just picked the silliest shovelware game that they could find.

kashell

« Reply #6963 on: April 26, 2015, 06:45:47 pm »
Unfortuntately, no, I've only played the original version. I have heard of Minstrel Song, even though many people didn't really like the game when it came out here( maybe because of the bad memories of Unlimited Saga, or they didn't understand the mechanics). What are some of the differences in Minstrel Song compared to the original version of RS1?

I can only speculate the differences aside from an upgraded soundtrack, voice acting and more depth to the eight characters. I'm guessing new quests, more characters to recruit, new ways to tweak your characters, and probably more skills. Also, the graphics got a huge makeover, but it's one that didn't work so well. It's a very fun game, but man do those characters look disturbing.

maximo310

« Reply #6964 on: April 26, 2015, 08:21:28 pm »
Unfortuntately, no, I've only played the original version. I have heard of Minstrel Song, even though many people didn't really like the game when it came out here( maybe because of the bad memories of Unlimited Saga, or they didn't understand the mechanics). What are some of the differences in Minstrel Song compared to the original version of RS1?

I can only speculate the differences aside from an upgraded soundtrack, voice acting and more depth to the eight characters. I'm guessing new quests, more characters to recruit, new ways to tweak your characters, and probably more skills. Also, the graphics got a huge makeover, but it's one that didn't work so well. It's a very fun game, but man do those characters look disturbing.
Yes, it seems like they mostly redid the art style and redesigned the characters, changed up some classes, and added additional content in the main game along with a few optional things. That being said, it seems like a pretty good remake of the original game, so I think I'm going to have to pick this up at some point, since it also seemed to have a more balanced difficulty than the original RS1 as well.

davifus

« Reply #6965 on: April 27, 2015, 01:47:46 am »
Did anybody get an extra Mewtwo code for 3DS?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #6966 on: April 27, 2015, 08:10:18 am »

Yes, it seems like they mostly redid the art style and redesigned the characters, changed up some classes, and added additional content in the main game along with a few optional things. That being said, it seems like a pretty good remake of the original game, so I think I'm going to have to pick this up at some point, since it also seemed to have a more balanced difficulty than the original RS1 as well.

Was the original Romancing SaGa really difficult? Most of the time SaGa games can be unforgiving and Minstrel Song is no different. If you do play it, beware of the Jewel Beast. @_@

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6967 on: April 27, 2015, 12:06:34 pm »
Luvs ya'; kashy!

Got my OQ LE today + left a little something for you in your user-feedback topic (now...that there's a post & rec. in it from disgaeniac); it's 'Legitimate8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6968 on: April 27, 2015, 12:10:21 pm »
Luvs ya'; kashy!

Got my OQ LE today + left a little something for you in your user-feedback topic (now...that there's a post & rec. in it from disgaeniac); it's 'Legitimate8)

It already arrived? Sweet! That means mine should be there today, too!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6969 on: April 27, 2015, 12:30:15 pm »
Luvs ya'; kashy!

It already arrived? Sweet! That means mine should be there today, too!

Indeed it did - arrived in today's mail ;D

I was just going under the assumption that - after letting them know just *Who* and just *How* fabulous you really are (not to mention that 1 of them was for...*ME* :P) that it would not only behoove them -but- also clearly be in their best interest, and, that they'd be well/best-served to see to it that they arrived at least 1 day early ;)

Anyone know if you can "sync" your trophies "with server" from a pc at the PS/PSN website?

I platted Noire yesterday -but- can't get online with any of my consoles at the moment...only via my pc  >:(

Already listened to the 1st few tracks on the OQ LE's OST -and- loving (what reminds me of) Ar tonelico-ish music :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #6970 on: April 27, 2015, 03:11:13 pm »
Did anybody get an extra Mewtwo code for 3DS?

I have one.

maximo310

« Reply #6971 on: April 27, 2015, 03:15:29 pm »

Was the original Romancing SaGa really difficult? Most of the time SaGa games can be unforgiving and Minstrel Song is no different. If you do play it, beware of the Jewel Beast. @_@
I think the difficulty wasn't too bad, but there were some difficulty spikes on some bosses( jewel beast is weaker in the original version), while most of the regular game up to the last few bosses is pretty easy; the final boss Saurin was kind of a pain in the ass to take down with my party. I'm guessing that they buffed up Jewel Beast in the remake and gave him some new attacks that make him really tough.

kashell

« Reply #6972 on: April 27, 2015, 03:46:09 pm »

I think the difficulty wasn't too bad, but there were some difficulty spikes on some bosses( jewel beast is weaker in the original version), while most of the regular game up to the last few bosses is pretty easy; the final boss Saurin was kind of a pain in the ass to take down with my party. I'm guessing that they buffed up Jewel Beast in the remake and gave him some new attacks that make him really tough.

Yeah, the Jewel Beast in MS is just OP'd. I still haven't been able to finish it.

I started looking for the original RS and I can't seem to find anyone who has it complete. I just <3 it when people throw away instruction manuals and boxes. /sarcasm

maximo310

« Reply #6973 on: April 27, 2015, 04:31:11 pm »

Yeah, the Jewel Beast in MS is just OP'd. I still haven't been able to finish it.

I started looking for the original RS and I can't seem to find anyone who has it complete. I just <3 it when people throw away instruction manuals and boxes. /sarcasm
Yeah, there seem to be a ton of listings for cart only. I think I saw a complete copy on Ebay ( box+ manual+ other inserts+cart) for $9 on the third page of listings; that's the cheapest one I could find at the moment.

foxhack

« Reply #6974 on: April 27, 2015, 04:45:58 pm »
Konami voluntarily delisted themselves from the New York Stock Exchange. They're up to something. I doubt they plan to keep their gaming division alive for much longer.