Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1607088 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7245 on: May 31, 2015, 03:45:31 am »
Real talk:

How do I upload pictures on here? Keep in mind I'm a computer dunce. XD I'm guessing I put the picture on my computer first, then I use the "Insert Image" button and then...I'm not sure why pictures don't show up. I have something I want to show!

next time i see you on google plus preshow, Ill screen share a quick way of doing it. Just remind me.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #7246 on: May 31, 2015, 07:28:20 am »
Video Games Monthly - Retro Games Subscription Box

This is a great idea, I want to subscribe. But I want some sort of sampling of what kind of games I'd get before I take the plunge. I don't want to get crappy sports titles, or 20 copies of Super Mario Bros.

Does anyone know anything about this or anyone that has subscribed to this before that can tell us their experience with it?

So I signed up, I was just too curious, and apparently I made it in for their first month! I signed up for the middle package, 4 games for $34.99. NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 is available, and their promising more platforms to come.

Whoever runs their Facebook page messaged me and asked for my wishlist. So that is definitely promising and seems like they're going out of their way to try and get gamers what they want.

First box ships June 10th. I'll provide pics and my thoughts on it here when I get it.
I signed up as well, though I can only guess if I made it in for the first batch. I was disappointed that you're only allowed to put in 25 games that you already own. It makes sense as people would totally say they owned all the sports games just so they didn't receive any, but still. I know they wont send me earthbound or anything so I just put in my most common on SNES and just selected to receive SNES as it's my lowest collection right now.

Still, we'll see what they come up with!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

abe

« Reply #7247 on: May 31, 2015, 10:19:42 am »
I'm back from my trip now. ;D I know y'all must've missed me. :-* ;)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7248 on: May 31, 2015, 10:32:07 am »

This is a great idea, I want to subscribe. But I want some sort of sampling of what kind of games I'd get before I take the plunge. I don't want to get crappy sports titles, or 20 copies of Super Mario Bros.

Does anyone know anything about this or anyone that has subscribed to this before that can tell us their experience with it?

So I signed up, I was just too curious, and apparently I made it in for their first month! I signed up for the middle package, 4 games for $34.99. NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 is available, and their promising more platforms to come.

Whoever runs their Facebook page messaged me and asked for my wishlist. So that is definitely promising and seems like they're going out of their way to try and get gamers what they want.

First box ships June 10th. I'll provide pics and my thoughts on it here when I get it.
I signed up as well, though I can only guess if I made it in for the first batch. I was disappointed that you're only allowed to put in 25 games that you already own. It makes sense as people would totally say they owned all the sports games just so they didn't receive any, but still. I know they wont send me earthbound or anything so I just put in my most common on SNES and just selected to receive SNES as it's my lowest collection right now.

I was able to put in 50 games, for each system. Still limiting, but not THAT limiting.

kashell

« Reply #7249 on: May 31, 2015, 11:30:50 am »
Real talk:

How do I upload pictures on here? Keep in mind I'm a computer dunce. XD I'm guessing I put the picture on my computer first, then I use the "Insert Image" button and then...I'm not sure why pictures don't show up. I have something I want to show!

Here's the tutorial I gave my d-brother :) :

You cannot upload photos directly to the forum post.  What you need to do instead is upload an image to something else, like imgur, and get the image link for it and then insert it like thus:

Code: [Select]
[img]image.jpg[/img]
So yeah, step by step:
1. go to imgur.com
(optionally, you can sign in or create an account so that you can access your photo later. otherwise, you might not be able to find it later.)
2. click on the "upload images" button at the top of the page.
3. drag and drop the image onto that imgur page
4. click on "start upload"
5. on the right side of the page, it will say "Direct Link (email & IM)" with a link typed under it, usually ending with .jpg
6. Copy that link or click on the little icon next to that link to copy the link.
7. Go to your vgcollect forum post and click on the "insert image" icon (mona lisa icon).
8. paste in your link
9.? ? ?
10. profit!

Do you mind if I call you Lady D from now on? Because you are a lady in every sense for helping me out. I gave you a shout out in the "What did you buy in May" thread. ^^

Thanks so much! I know that doing something as trivial as uploading a few pictures might seem easy, but like I said, I'm computer illiterate. XD Thanks again!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7250 on: May 31, 2015, 11:39:46 am »
Oh yeah, and bobster, you did make it in for the first month. If you sign-up before the 1st, your in. So today is the last day. Well at least I'd assume, I don't know how business days work with them being that it's Sunday.

I'm hoping the first month they're gonna wow us since it's their debut.

desocietas

« Reply #7251 on: May 31, 2015, 01:04:53 pm »

Do you mind if I call you Lady D from now on? Because you are a lady in every sense for helping me out. I gave you a shout out in the "What did you buy in May" thread. ^^

Thanks so much! I know that doing something as trivial as uploading a few pictures might seem easy, but like I said, I'm computer illiterate. XD Thanks again!

Haha, Lady D is fine and I'm happy to help! It's not the most intuitive thing, and we all had to learn from somewhere :). And I can see why you were so excited to post pictures!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

bobster

« Reply #7252 on: May 31, 2015, 01:20:56 pm »

I was able to put in 50 games, for each system. Still limiting, but not THAT limiting.
Oh looks like they updated the maximum! I'll have to add more in now :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7253 on: May 31, 2015, 01:57:07 pm »

Do you mind if I call you Lady (double :o) D from now on? Because you are a lady in every sense for helping me out. I gave you a shout out in the "What did you buy in May" thread. ^^

Haha, Lady D is fine and I'm happy to help! It's not the most intuitive thing, and we all had to learn from somewhere :). And I can see why you were so excited to post pictures!

heh; kashell's trying to compliment & flatter his way into our elite D-Family; little D-sis ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #7254 on: June 01, 2015, 08:05:36 am »
dark: I was looking for a portable game over the weekend to take on vacation, but I remembered that I had Criminal Girls in ye olde backlog. Do I need a guide and a bunch of reference materials to get the platinum or can I just pop it in and go with the flow? I doubt I'll be playing it much, but it would be nice to have something to do during the plane rides, car rides, etc.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7255 on: June 01, 2015, 08:55:54 am »
dark: I was looking for a portable game over the weekend to take on vacation, but I remembered that I had Criminal Girls in ye olde backlog. Do I need a guide and a bunch of reference materials to get the platinum or can I just pop it in and go with the flow? I doubt I'll be playing it much, but it would be nice to have something to do during the plane rides, car rides, etc.

I think you'd be fine w/o a reference.

I'd say that about 3/4 of them are through gameplay and - when you're at a point of no return - the game bolds + actually & obviously lets you know where to make multiple saves.

I made one save for each girl (at the game's prompt) and that worked out just fine ;D

Enjoy, I found it a refreshingly quick, simple, & self-explanatory plat ;)

How's Shallie's plat - any guides or FAQs to use and/or avoid ?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #7256 on: June 01, 2015, 09:39:15 am »
So far, it seems Shallie's platinum won't be a problem. Since there is no time limit, you don't have to worry about running out of days to complete tasks. That said, I had an abundance of time to complete stuff in Ayesha and Escha, so it's not that big of an issue. I'm on Chapter 5 now and I'm still thoroughly enjoying it. I started with Shallotte. Let me know when you start it up! ^^

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7257 on: June 01, 2015, 10:09:33 pm »
It's official, my GBA-SP is dead. The new battery came in today, and the stupid thing still won't charge.

What a sad day. I really don't want to have to pay for another one, but lets be realistic here, what better way is there to play GB games on the go?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7258 on: June 02, 2015, 10:41:56 am »
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Saw this on facebook, fallout page just posted it!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #7259 on: June 02, 2015, 01:07:06 pm »
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Saw this on facebook, fallout page just posted it!

inb4 Fallout Angry Birds!  I kid, I kid ;)  But do you think they'd really announce it before E3? Seems like there will be no new things to reveal at E3 :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas