Author Topic: Game Cravings  (Read 4259 times)

jcalder8

Re: Game Cravings
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 10:22:58 pm »
I normally get a craving to play on a specific system rather than a game. Lately I have been wanting to play on the SNES.

scott

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 01:19:37 pm »
Rise, rise from the dead my thread!

I was packing up video game stuff the other day and found my GBA to GC cables and it really has me wanting to play some multiplayer FF: Crystal Chronicles. I never got to really play it multiplayer though, since no one else had a GBA or SP to play with.

I may need to chain friends to the couch, once I move and force them to play the game. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 01:22:02 pm »
Oh no! I *only* played FF:CC in multiplayer, it's really one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had, you must staple some friends to the couch if you can!

scott

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 01:35:28 pm »
Yeah, I only got to show people the game. And played through the whole thing in single player mode.

The GF is discovering video games now tho, I might be able to get her to play. She was actually asking me when we were gonna continue FFVI coop too. #winning

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 01:52:12 pm »
Yea, anytime I'm mindlessly mowing the lawn.. I have the urge to play Illusion of Gaia or Secret of Mana.. Even Sometimes Secret of Evermore... then by the time I've finished mowing the lawn... I've forgotten about the crave......
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 03:50:36 am »
I usually get the itch to play an RPG between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think it stems from receiving games for my birthday as a kid, which is in October. I would always have fun playing them before Thanksgiving, but when school was out for a couple of weeks around Christmas it gave me some real time to sit down and play an RPG.
I noticed the same pattern myself, but never took the time to figure out why.  I also have an October b-day, and this makes perfect sense to me.
This space for rent.  Affordable rates.  Inquire within.

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 10:49:48 am »
Weird, I've been getting a FFXII craving lately, too.

I'm with darko, though. Those Fall/Winter months just *feel* like RPG time... ooh, come to think of it, FFVII is a nice choice for that time of year, too :)

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 02:30:17 pm »
Weird, I've been getting a FFXII craving lately, too.

Man, I've been wanting to play that again to finally finish it.  Only got so far as the rich fancy city and then stopped there.

Going to Japan also made me *really* want to play The World Ends With You (I finally got to see and walk through the scramble crossing!) and Persona 3/4...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 02:52:16 pm »
Ive been itching to play Everquest again sadly. I miss hanging out with people. :(

scott

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 03:49:17 pm »
Sometimes If certain songs pop up I get the feeling to play World of Warcraft again. But I know it won't be the same as the old days. Doesn't stop me from reminiscing in my head about it though.

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 04:40:18 pm »
Everquest is free to play :)

they do have old version of personal server emulation of world of warcraft.....though you can set it up with friends to play it isn't fun with no one around....
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 10:33:18 am »
This happens to me quite often as I'll get on a kick of wanting to collect for a certain console or franchise. At the moment I'm on a huge classic JRPG kick, probably because I am playing Chrono Trigger and found a really cheap copy of Earthbound recently. Before that I was on a major Dreamcast binge, wanting to go as far as getting the old Dreamcast Magazines off Ebay. What phase of cravings will come next, idk, but they are fun while they last :p