Author Topic: Game Cravings  (Read 4401 times)

scott

Game Cravings
« on: December 21, 2012, 04:40:18 pm »
Have you ever been sitting somewhere, be it work, school or even just being out and about. And either something you saw, thought of or whatever made you think of a game you used to play a lot and it just gave you a huge urge to play it? Currently, I'm feeling overly nostalgic and I am really feeling the need to load up the SNES and Mystic Quest. But, since I'm busy all weekend I won't have time to sit down and knock game time out with it anytime soon, so that just builds the craving to play it.

Maybe I'll sneak some time in while hanging with the GF tonight under the cover of "showing her another game she's never heard of". That's how I snuck playtime on Persona 4 Arena, ha. Told her to check it out and I ended up playing through all of story mode with Yu Narukami, while she sat there saying "what happens next?"  :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

godnightshade

Re: Game Cravings
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 06:16:39 pm »
Ultima Online, which I'm really enjoying. Anyone who wants to join, go to www.abcuo.com.

godnightshade

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 10:30:09 pm »
Seriously, I need a crew.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 11:18:15 pm »
The Other day I was at Toys r' Us and was looking at the games to get for one of my really good friends, I was actually looking to see if they had any Portal/Valve related toys or shirts anything, She loves Portal. But anyways I saw that they had a replica Portal Gun, forgive I dont remember the EXACT name, but It made me need to play Portal

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 12:54:40 am »
Have you ever been sitting somewhere, be it work, school or even just being out and about. And either something you saw, thought of or whatever made you think of a game you used to play a lot and it just gave you a huge urge to play it?

Ooh yes, I definitely "suffer" from this! Luckily I can usually do something about it :)

scott

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 12:56:59 am »
Yes, but like I said, I'm busy all weekend. Ha  :P

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 02:57:08 am »
Hah! yes I do this all the time.  But... My wife usually has the living room all piled up with something she is doing so getting to the TV, or hooking a console up is pretty much not happening.  On the rare occasions that I do she usually has some show blaring on her laptop.  I'm not that big of a fan of trying to play a game with some thing louder in the same room.  It drives me up the wall.

soera

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 08:28:22 am »
My wife usually has some show blaring.  I'm not that big of a fan of trying to play a game with some thing louder in the same room.  It drives me up the wall.

This all day. I have recently started playing my PS1 again (Since I finally found an attachable screen for a good price). She comes into the living room and wants to watch a movie. Of course it has to be something with that idiot Ben Stiller so that alone makes me not want to be in there. Then she tries to hear it over my game. I had to end up going into the bedroom.

But on topic, normally when I get a serious urge to play something, it stems from thinking about the 90s. Makes me miss everything. The 90s was the greatest decade in the history of the world. Screw the discovery of America or anything insignificant like that, the 90's had grunge music, Jncos, Del Sol, and great gaming.

ffxik

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 05:27:50 am »
Speaking of that.  I am getting the urge to buy and play all the newer Sonic games.  This cold weather here must have given me a fever or something.  This thought process isn't right.   :'(

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 03:23:16 pm »
Speaking of that.  I am getting the urge to buy and play all the newer Sonic games.  This cold weather here must have given me a fever or something.  This thought process isn't right.   :'(

lol; hope you feel better soon!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

ko1ru

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 12:38:15 pm »
Yes!  This happens to me all the time, Scott -- usually at work.  Lately it's been FF XII, though.  Maybe it's because I never got around to fighting Hell Worm or Yiazmat?   ???

darko

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 12:52:20 pm »
I usually get the itch to play an RPG between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think it stems from receiving games for my birthday as a kid, which is in October. I would always have fun playing them before Thanksgiving, but when school was out for a couple of weeks around Christmas it gave me some real time to sit down and play an RPG. I didn't really play much of anything in the second half of 2012 (other than Shinobi on the 3DS and 999 on the DS), so now I'm trying to catch up a bit. To satisfy the RPG urge I'm going through FO: NV but I've been wanting to play a lot of FPS games recently for some reason. I beat Rage this weekend, am about half way through Killzone 2, just bought Wolfenstien and want to pick up Resistance 2 and Doom BFG Edition this week.

scott

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 12:57:00 pm »
I had the urge to play through FFXII again a month or so ago. But I ended up getting hooked on Team Fortress 2 instead... now that ends up being my go to game.

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 01:09:26 pm »
Yep! Lately it's been Might & Magic VI.  I never finished the game back in the day, GOG has 1-9 and more for $25 (for the next 20 hours).  I'm pretty tempted to get started.

madmax

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 10:12:59 pm »
I get that sometimes. Most of the time it's about a week after I've deleted a game off of my computer :P