Author Topic: a question for dreamcast fans  (Read 7459 times)

foxhack

Re: a question for dreamcast fans
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »
there are but I'm pretty sure only the Dreamcast version has The Offspring on it's soundtrack, which makes it the version to get.
Unless you hate The Offspring. Ahem.

I would suggest getting Grandia II for the system. Yes it has a PS2 port but it has tons of slowdown. And there's a PC version but it's kinda sucky.

soera

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 02:41:20 pm »

What are your thoughts about Magic Knight Rayearth(sp?)?

Fixed the spelling for you. And my comments on it. Its an awesome game. It is the last game from my past that I have yet to recover cause I really cant see me paying for a Saturn and the game again. But for a while, it was the only game I played. Really fun and interesting. And unlike some games that use characters outside of the gaming world, you do not have to know a thing about the 3 girls in order to get really in depth into the game. If you have a Saturn and can play the game, I seriously suggest trying it out.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2013, 03:34:45 pm »

What are your thoughts about Magic Knight Rayearth(sp?)?

Fixed the spelling for you. And my comments on it. Its an awesome game. It is the last game from my past that I have yet to recover cause I really cant see me paying for a Saturn and the game again. But for a while, it was the only game I played. Really fun and interesting. And unlike some games that use characters outside of the gaming world, you do not have to know a thing about the 3 girls in order to get really in depth into the game. If you have a Saturn and can play the game, I seriously suggest trying it out.

Unfortunately, I don't have either one (a Saturn *OR* the game) - but it's always looked like it would be something that I'd like  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 12:19:40 am »
I own Magic Knight Rayearth but I've not played it yet. I have finished the first MKR Game Gear game though, not that that information is of any use to anyone :D

scott

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 01:02:33 am »
Personally I really like the Saturn and have no interest in the Dreamcast at all.

I'm also collecting the library of games for it too, and it can be very expensive, but there are some really good games for it that don't hit the $20 range. The biggest problem with collecting Saturn games is the cases though. If you're like me and NEED complete copies you'll be dealing with a lot of broken cases. These things aren't sturdy and most of the time you'll end up with them missing a hinge piece or a few large cracks in them. And its not like you can go buy replacements at Staples, since they had to use some off the wall, oddball jewel cases.

But, There are a lot of gems on the Saturn and it's a real blast to play. Plus with an Action Replay you can play imports w/o the need for moding the system. Which opens up a whole other world of games that were only released in Japan, thanks to the system's short lifespan. And some of those games are a lot cheaper than their NA counterparts. Of course some of the more popular Japanese only titles are still pretty spendy too (Radiant Silvergun, Batsagun...)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 10:30:16 am »
I own Magic Knight Rayearth but I've not played it yet. I have finished the first MKR Game Gear game though, not that that information is of any use to anyone :D

Any plans on playing it?

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 10:35:11 am »
Oh yes definitely, I'm just not sure when I'll get around to it!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 10:42:16 am »

When you get to it (and if you do a write-up for it on your blog)...let me know - I'd be interested in reading that!

jcalder8

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2013, 10:46:02 am »
I bought a Dreamcast when it was still new and I played the heck out of it. My favorite game for the system is Crazy Taxi!

Now I very rarely play it and the last game I played was Samba De Amigo when I bought maracaas for it and the system only stayed hooked up for about an hour before going back on the shelf.

Part of what has killed my interest in the system is the fact that it is very easy to pirate games for it. I loved downloading, burning and trying the games at the time but now it has made me not buy games for it because I have played all the games for it. If you are wanting to try a game before you buy it this is a great way to see what you think of it before you shell out the money.

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2013, 10:51:01 am »

When you get to it (and if you do a write-up for it on your blog)...let me know - I'd be interested in reading that!

It won't go up on the blog as it had an English release, but I'll definitely let you know what I think of it when I give it a go :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013, 10:53:51 am »

It won't go up on the blog as it had an English release, but I'll definitely let you know what I think of it when I give it a go :)

Sounds good :)

darko

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013, 02:04:29 pm »

Blog???

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013, 02:12:08 pm »

Blog???

http://kimimisblog.blogspot.com/p/about-blog.html

Yep - check-out her blog here...I like it  ;)

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 11:51:14 pm »
Hehe yeah I've got a blog :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2013, 09:09:13 am »
Hehe yeah I've got a blog :)
AND...

...*Promoters*  ;)