Author Topic: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 30984 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« on: January 01, 2013, 01:44:20 pm »
My first pick-ups of the year:

I've heard the Ultimate History of Video Games Book is quite in-depth and a great informative read on the history of the gaming industry.

And as I suggested that I'd like to see a JRPG with Western mythology and a Western art-style (in another thread); Lord of the Rings: The Third Age fits that bill perfectly.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 01:46:42 pm »
While it doesn't get a lot of love - I had fun playing LotR: 3rd Age on the PS2  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 01:52:26 pm »
Just got Hotline Miami for $2.50 with credit from Amazon.

I split the topic for the new year, and locked last month's, like scott has done in the past. Sorry.

vancha

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 02:03:13 pm »

Some from last year actually, gotten the PSone games for only 3 euro's for all 4 :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »
Not really *here* yet...but I got my shipping confirmations & tracking #'s for both Theatrhythym: FF and Tales of the Abyss (both for the NA 3-DS)...so, it's looking like those will be my 1st two additions for the new year...

darko

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 06:38:56 pm »
I picked up Fallout: New Vegas, Ridge Racer 7 & Wolfenstien on PS3 today.

scott

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 10:48:58 pm »

I really liked New Vegas. Not as much as Fallout 3, but it was pretty good. Of course, I was playing it on PC, I heard the PS3 version has... issues.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 12:03:09 am »
I bought myself the House of the Dead/Burning Rangers Taikenban double pack, can't wait to play them :D

jcalder8

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 12:35:35 am »
This year is starting out fast :D

I'll be hitting up a retro shop tomorrow, here's hoping I can find an import :)

darko

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 10:41:27 am »

I really liked New Vegas. Not as much as Fallout 3, but it was pretty good. Of course, I was playing it on PC, I heard the PS3 version has... issues.

I actually have the collector's edition on the 360, but I picked it up on PS3 for $10 bucks just to see if it was really as crazy buggy as everyone said. There was a 250MB+ update as soon as I put the game in. It looks great, but I have had it crash on me once already, and I've only played for about an hour :( It's the first time I've ever had any software on the PS3 crash back to the dashboard. Weird.

We'll see how it goes. If it ends up crashing out too much I'll just throw it up in the Pay it Forward thread since I own the seemingly superior copy already :)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:43:51 am by darko »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 10:46:41 am »

I actually have the collector's edition on the 360, but I picked it up on PS3 for $10 bucks just to see if it was really as crazy buggy as everyone said. There was a 250MB+ update as soon as I put the game in. It looks great, but I have had it crash on me once already, and I've only played for about an hour :( It's the first time I've ever had any software on the PS3 crash back to the dashboard. Weird.

Huh.

I've had the exact same experience (w/ only having one game that just wouldn't play right on my PS3) -but- for me it was Dragon Age: Origins (when it 1st came out).

Exchanged it 2 or 3 times for new & different copies...same problem w/ each & every one  :'(

It *was* on an original, FAT PS3 that YLOD'd soon after & it works fine on my Slim...can't imagine wtf was up with that shit  >:(

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 10:54:44 am »
We'll see how it goes. If it ends up crashing out too much I'll just throw it up in the Pay it Forward thread since I own the seemingly superior copy already :)
I'm interested if you give up on it. I've been wanting to try it but I haven't found it for a price I want :D

foxhack

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 04:02:41 pm »
Oh what's this? Guess all the resellers were still hung over because I found all this:

Silver - $3 (will be resold or traded)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 - SEALED - $2
Ecco The Dolphin - SEALED - $3
Skies of Arcadia - $2 (to replace my copy missing disc two)
Dreamcast VGA Box - $4 (will be sold or traded)

... I'm not sure what to do with Alpha 3. I want the game... but I can make some profit from reselling it... likewise with Ecco. :p

I also had SIX packages waiting for me at my post office box but I didn't grab 'em because I was already packed with stuff... check the other collections thread in a bit and you'll see why.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 04:53:33 pm »
Very nice Dreamcast pick-ups there for an incredible price! Congrats!

jcalder8

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 06:07:10 pm »
@foxhack, those are some great prices! I would have more DC games if I could find them for that cheap!