Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280317 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2013, 12:35:58 pm »
currently watching ATTACK ON TITAN

Me too; just finished episode 13.  I get the same vibe from Attack on Titan as I did the first time I watched Evangelion.  Although the titans sometimes come off a little silly.  Case in point:

yeah i hate the way they run
im up to 22. got to wait for them to air now. which sucks.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2013, 08:26:46 pm »
currently watching ATTACK ON TITAN

Me too; just finished episode 13.  I get the same vibe from Attack on Titan as I did the first time I watched Evangelion.  Although the titans sometimes come off a little silly.
yeah i hate the way they run
im up to 22. got to wait for them to air now. which sucks.

I'm also watching that now. It's not bad by any means, but to me it just seems way too over-hyped, I don't see myself enjoying this as much as I do my favorites or occasional watches.

Side Note Animes I've finished:
Berserk: the Golden Age Arc 2 - I'm loving what they've done with the movies even those It's just the anime series condensed
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail - ...Damn
Tenchi Muyo - (Watched all the series, but not the movies)- I liked all but Tenchi Universe. that one dragged on way too long
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:56:51 pm by redblaze57 »

jobocan

« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2013, 08:48:44 pm »
Yeah, Attack on Titan is really overhyped. It's not bad by any means, I'm watching it and enjoying it, but man it's SO freaking slow. It feels like what happens in 2-3 episodes could easily be condensed into one without really losing anything.

« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2013, 08:55:13 pm »
I am not a big movie goer, I tend to fall asleep. Directtv is having free viewing of HBO and Showtime so watched Life of Pi. I have to say it was a pretty good movie.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2013, 09:04:23 pm »
Yeah, Attack on Titan is really overhyped. It's not bad by any means, I'm watching it and enjoying it, but man it's SO freaking slow. It feels like what happens in 2-3 episodes could easily be condensed into one without really losing anything.

You sure your talking about Attack on Titan there and not Dragonball Z?
*disclaimer*that is a joke ladies and gentlemen, I am by no means saying dragonball z is bad, but let's face it it shouldn't take two episodes to charge up.

« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2013, 10:43:22 pm »
I am not a big movie goer, I tend to fall asleep. Directtv is having free viewing of HBO and Showtime so watched Life of Pi. I have to say it was a pretty good movie.

life of pi blew me away. i couldent sleep for 2 days as i was just thinking about it when i went to bed

htimreimer

« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2013, 07:14:57 am »
i just finished black lagoon season 3: roberta's blood trail and my god was that a train wreck of a season

what made season 1 & 2 so good was that it didn't exploit the blood,gore or nudity and it did not exploit the female lead which is rarity in anime.
when it did show an excessive amount gore,blood or nudity , it was a moment that only happens in a few episodes and it was vary brief.
another good thing about season 1 & 2  was that the back story's are given in pieces and it is up to your imagination and what you remember
to put the puzzle together for example are female lead revy, she has a dark back story that is not clear at first

in season 3, they exploit the female lead in episode 2 in a shower scene and there's so much blood and gore that it turns in to a anime from the late 80s/90s, they made revy's back story even more dark for no reason, the puzzle pieces are now clear images that any horses ass can figure out and the ending is mediocre and only exists so they can make a season 4

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:13:03 pm by htimreimer »

brunauss

« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2013, 02:22:51 pm »
The Wolverine.

I thought it was a completely average and forgettable action movie, with some good special effects here or there.

And I had one question about it, afterwards. Why did the Japanese guy become obsessed with Adamantium if when he met Wolverine in WWII, Wolverine still had bone claws and no Adamantium yet? In the movie, it even showed his bone claws when he was hanging by them in the well, spying on the base.

Hopefully the obvious actual Xmen movie sequel will be much better. Speaking of better sequels, Incidious 2 was wicked fun to watch. Also watched Renaissance on DVD and loved the graphic novel treatment.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

90snostalga

« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2013, 03:58:33 pm »
Last anime:  Dragon Ball Z and the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!   ;)

Last movie:  Dude Where's My Car   ;D

blipcs76

« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2013, 06:48:26 pm »
Every two weeks, my wife hangs out with her friends and I get to watch whatever I want.  This week, I chose:

Olympus Has Fallen
Die Hard in the White House, essentially.  That being said, I really enjoyed it.  Although it was loaded with cliches and very predictable, it was well-made, the acting was good and Gerard Butler was pretty convincing as the hero. 

Anchorman
It's nearly 10 years old, but I hadn't seen it until just now (I'm not the biggest Will Ferrell fan).  It was pretty funny, but not quite the classic as many people make it out to be.

90snostalga

« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2013, 06:53:30 pm »
Every two weeks, my wife hangs out with her friends and I get to watch whatever I want.  This week, I chose:

Olympus Has Fallen
Die Hard in the White House, essentially.  That being said, I really enjoyed it.  Although it was loaded with cliches and very predictable, it was well-made, the acting was good and Gerard Butler was pretty convincing as the hero. 

Anchorman
It's nearly 10 years old, but I hadn't seen it until just now (I'm not the biggest Will Ferrell fan).  It was pretty funny, but not quite the classic as many people make it out to be.

"Tits McGee!"    ;D    Can't wait for the second Anchorman to come out!!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2013, 01:49:58 pm »
Watched G.I. Joe Retaliation last night. A complete waste of time.

The first G.I. Joe movie wasn't a masterpiece, by any means. But it was a fun, cheesy, action-flick to watch. Retalliation didn't have that charm going for it. It just seemed like something for Rock to pose and show-off in.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:00:43 pm by burningdoom »

pacpix

« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2013, 08:19:01 pm »
Just watched Blade Runner Director's Cut in my Science Fiction class. Really awesome movie probably in my top ten movies.

I also watched my first anime, it's based on Wizardry Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. It is fully translated and on YouTube. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #223 on: October 14, 2013, 11:58:58 pm »
Just watched Blade Runner Director's Cut in my Science Fiction class. Really awesome movie probably in my top ten movies.
Wait, did you watch the Director's Cut or the Final Cut? They're not the same movie.

Coincidentally, I watched the original Theatrical Cut of the movie recently. I plan to watch the Final Cut sometime soon.

pacpix

« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2013, 12:21:29 am »
I just looked it up and it is the Director's Cut.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)